Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with ftp hanging
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Issue with ftp hanging Post 302948679 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 1st of July 2015 11:37:58 AM
Old 07-01-2015
Right, so after the ftp job is hung do the pings still work?

After the ftp job is hung can you still login to both systems?

After the ftp job is hung and you run another ftp job in the same direction does it run or hang immediately?

If you run the job reversed ('put' instead of 'get' or vice-versa) does it transfer all the files successfully without hanging?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

Hi all, I am trying to connect to ftp through the following shell script ip='172.12.40.45' user='oracele' pw='oracle@7Hills' ftp -n -i -v $ip<<EOF user $user $pw EOF But i am getting the following message $ /home/oracle/practice/ftptst Connected to 172.12.40.45. 220 (vsFTPd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

I was changing a bit of the existing script and didnt comment the ftp part in it. So, the ftp step executed, but there was no input file. I got the message like this netout: write returned 0? 250 Transfer completed successfully. What does this mean?. Has the ftp replaced the existing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Issue-Help

Hi all, I am trying to transfer files from one server to another. Following is script i wrote for this purpose. It downloads the file to the server which the script is residing and uploads it to the remote server. Main Script #!/bin/bash -x ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP client is hanging very rarely!

Hi, I have a script in which I am using ftp to transfer some files from remote -> local and vice versa, this scripts is invoked by cron. for your reference I am sharing the function also : ============================================= fn_FileTransfer_LocalToRemote() { set -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

FTP issue

Hello all, FTP times out when I transfer large files. Small files get transffered fine. small files -------- -bash-3.1$ ftp -i cldevoradb01 Connected to cldevoradb01.enterprisenet.org. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5) 530 Please login with USER and PASS. 530 Please login with USER and PASS.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Issue

Hi all, iam trying to connect to a ftp site in putty by using the follwing command . ftp URLname. I get the below error ftp: usftp.ABC.com: unknown host. Iam able to connect to the same site through windows commandline. Can anyone put your thoughts on what might be the issue?. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathich
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

Hi again, I'm using the following shell script via cron to upload the daily log files from my shell to the web server so we can view them online. But somehow logs get corrupted and i don't know what's issue. I would really appreciate for your help please. Shell Script: ftp.sh #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user`
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp issue

Hi we are facing an issue on our server our job connects to a target server and pulls the file from a location .But it is taking too much time to do this . Hwne i manully do the ftp it finished in few seconds .but when the jobs is pulling it is taking 30 to 40 min . please see the log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to a server using FTP is hanging

Hi Friends I have created a shell script to connect to a windows server. But the problem is while trying to run the script I am not getting any output. After running the script it is hanged and the prompt is not showing until if I press the ctrl+Z to break the script. I also tried using the FTP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp issue

I have logged into ftp and unable to enter into the below directory. can anyone help me out to enter into the below directory. ftp> dir 200 Command PORT okay. 150 File status okay; about to open data connection. drwx------ 0 0 Dec 15 06:39 BANK ISI-Bas ftp> cd BANK... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
5 Replies
INFO(5) 							File Formats Manual							   INFO(5)

NAME
info - readable online documentation DESCRIPTION
The Info file format is an easily-parsable representation for online documents. It can be read by emacs(1) and info(1) among other pro- grams. Info files are usually created from texinfo(5) sources by makeinfo(1), but can be created from scratch if so desired. For a full description of the Texinfo language and associated tools, please see the Texinfo manual (written in Texinfo itself). Most likely, running this command from your shell: info texinfo or this key sequence from inside Emacs: M-x info RET m texinfo RET will get you there. AVAILABILITY
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/texinfo-<version>.tar.gz or any GNU mirror site. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. SEE ALSO
info(1), install-info(1), makeinfo(1), texi2dvi(1), texindex(1). emacs(1), tex(1). texinfo(5). FSF
GNU Info INFO(5)