Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data transfer in Linux
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Data transfer in Linux Post 302948651 by vincent72 on Wednesday 1st of July 2015 08:37:54 AM
Old 07-01-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj.solaris
Say user A,B,C should be able to connect ssh only on port 22,

user D will be able to connect only on port 49592 for ssh ,not able to connect on port 22,
From network A to network B or within the same network ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much data will transfer at 100 full

I am trying to determing how long it will take to transfer 384 Gb of data across a 100 Mb full ethernet. If I am correct, I come up with 36 Gb per hour. Surely that is not correct. I assumed 100 megabit per second is 10 megabyte per second, which is 600 megabytes per minute and 36 GB per hour.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

data corruption with ftp transfer

Hi again, first of all thanks for you help on my last problem, the problem is solved now. But I have many problem :) This time, I transfered a big file, ~3,5 GByte, with ftp from a Sun machine to a linux box, RedHat 7.3. But the file recieved on the Linux Box is corrupt, with smaller files... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
12 Replies

3. AIX

FTP - Data Transfer Limitations.

Hi, I have to transfer data from our production site to DR site(another city). I am using FTP for transfering data. But I am unable to get the same data transfer rate on AIX machines, one I am geting on windows machines. I want to know, is there any constraint on data transfer using FTP on AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system-admin
2 Replies

4. SCO

data transfer from serial port

dear sir, pls. can you help me ? , my os is unix sco 5.0.4 and ,server dat derive (1,4gb) not working, now i want to transfer my server data in other machine (unix/other possible) by serial port/other port comminication. thanks pankaj raval (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajbraval
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer data from one file to another

Hi, I'm relatively new to shell scripting, Ive worked on a few basic scripts and used most of the unix commands in the simplest of situations. But I am now faced with a task that's seems to be beyond me. I have a file with some data in the form of rows and columns : 123 4536 abcd4 677 bbb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inquisitive101
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Data Transfer

We have a data on the disk that was copied from HP N4000 running HPUX 11.11 and it was created with vxfs version 4. We need to transfer this data to Sun server, how might this be done? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data transfer to excel

i have two excel sheets with cpu uasge and memory usage in the follwing format: sheet 1: 22,33 sheet 2: 55,66 i need to display in the below format: servername cpu mem ser1 22 33 ser2 55 66 am using UNIX os. can anyone help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DEC 2000 Data Transfer to PC

Hello - My first post here. I did some looking around; wasn't sure where to jump in or if something like this has been covered. I have a DEC 2000 Alpha that was turned off probably 6 years ago once I had made the transition of programs and most files to the desktop PC. I have the idea... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSchrader
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Data transfer Time calculation

1 TB of data needs to read through 4 I/O channesl, each channels supports - 100 MB/s, What is average time taken to read the data ? Please give the formula for my understanding (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini.rk1983
2 Replies
CONNECT-PROXY(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CONNECT-PROXY(1)

NAME
connect-proxy -- connect over SOCKS4/5 proxy SYNOPSIS
connect-proxy [-dnhst45] [-R resolve ] [-p local-port ] [-w secs ] [-H [user@]proxy-server[:port]] ] [-S [user@]socks-server[:port]] ] [-T proxy-server[:port] ] [-c telnet-proxy-command ] [host] [port] DESCRIPTION
connect-proxy open connection over SOCKS4/5 proxies Please, note that any HTTP-Proxy tunnel won't work with content-inspection firewall (unless using SSL). OPTIONS
-H specifies a hostname and port number of the http proxy server to relay. If port is omitted, 80 is used. You can specify this value in the environment variable HTTP_PROXY and pass the -h option to use it. -S specifies the hostname and port number of the SOCKS server to relay. Like -H, port number can be omitted and the default is 1080. You can also specify this value pair in the environment variable SOCKS5_SERVER and give the -s option to use it. -4 specifies SOCKS relaying and indicates protocol version to use. It is valid only when used with '-s' or '-S'. Default is '-5' (protocol version 5) -R method to resolve the hostname. Three keywords ("local", "remote", "both") or dot-notation IP address are acceptable. The key- word "both" means, "Try local first, then remote". If a dot-notation IP address is specified, use this host as nameserver. The default is "remote" for SOCKS5 or "local" for others. On SOCKS4 protocol, remote resolving method ("remote" and "both") requires protocol 4a supported server. -p will forward a local TCP port instead of using the standard input and output. -P same to '-p' except keep remote session. The program repeats waiting the port with holding remote session without disconnecting. To connect the remote session, send EOF to stdin or kill the program. -w timeout in seconds for making connection with TARGET host. -d used for debug. If you fail to connect, use this and check request to and response from server. USAGE
To use proxy, this example is for SOCKS5 connection to connect to "host" at port 25 via SOCKS5 server on "firewall" host. connect-proxy -S firewall host 25 SOCKS5_SERVER=firewall; export SOCKS5_SERVER; connect-proxy -s host 25 For a HTTP-PROXY connection: connect-proxy -H proxy-server:8080 host 25 HTTP_PROXY=proxy-server:8080; export HTTP_PROXY; connect-proxy -h host 25 To forward a local port, for example to use ssh: connect-proxy -p 5550 -H proxy-server:8080 host 22 ssh -l user To use it along ssh transparently: # file://~/.ssh/config # not using proxy on lan Host 192.* ProxyCommand connect-proxy %h %p # mandatory to access the internet Host * ProxyCommand connect-proxy -H proxyserver:8080 %h %p Or for all users ( /etc/ssh/ssh_config ) ENVIRONMENT
SOCKS5_USER, SOCKS5_PASSWORD, HTTP_PROXY_USER, HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD, CONNECT_PASSWORD, LOGNAME, USER SEE ALSO
ssh (1). WWW
http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/projects/connect AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Philippe Coval rzr@gna.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CONNECT-PROXY(1)