Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing through a list of items Post 302948511 by RudiC on Tuesday 30th of June 2015 06:51:01 AM
Old 06-30-2015
Your sample file doesn't seem to comply to the record structure that your header
Code:
Name    Description    Status      Startup Type    Log On As

implies. With above samples,
Code:
awk '
NR==FNR         {T[$1]=$2
                 next}

{for (t in T) if ($0 ~ T[t]) print t, $1":", $4}

' FS="\t" OFS="\t" chklist data

would print
Code:
4.1.1     Alerter:    Automatic
4.1.5     File Replication:    Local System
4.1.8     Help and Support:    Automatic
4.1.9     HTTP SSL:    If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
4.1.11    Indexing Service:    Local System
4.1.1     Messenger:    Local System
4.1.13    Messenger:    Local System
4.1.15    NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing:    Local System
4.1.16    Network Connections:    Manual
4.1.19    Print Spooler:    Local System
4.1.20    Remote Access Auto Connection Manager:    Local System
4.1.21    Remote Access Connection Manager:    Local System
4.1.23    Remote Desktop Help Session Manager:    Local System
4.1.34    Telephony:    Local System
4.1.35    Telnet:    Local Service
4.1.36    Terminal Services:    Started
4.1.36    Terminal Services Session Directory:    Local System
4.1.39    Wireless Configuration:    Local System

As you can see, $4 doesn't always hold the startup type. You should make sure your data file has the right fields in <TAB> delimited form.
Feel free to add the html tags where and if need be.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change list to comma seperated items

I have a list of servers in a file called serverlist like this server1 server2 server3 i need to have them (with no trailing comma, the program does not like that) server1,server2,server3 so far i have been using HOSTS=/tmp/serverlist HOSTS=${HOSTS:-$(grep -Ev "^#|^$"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk between items including items

OS=HP-UX ksh The following works, except I want to include the <start> and <end> in the output. awk -F '<start>' 'BEGIN{RS="<end>"; OFS="\n"; ORS=""} {print $2} somefile.log' The following work in bash but not in ksh sed -n '/^<start>/,/^<end>/{/LABEL$/!p}' somefile.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed regarding first 3 items in the list

Hi, I've a list in the following format: Empdept filedetails buildingNo Area AAA 444 2 juy AAA 544 2 kui AAA 567 4 poi AAA 734 5 oiu AAA 444 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skpvalvekar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a list

Hello, I have a very long list of file (see input below). I only need the first "chunk" of the line before the space and omit the rest. Also, the > sign needs to be excluded. Can anyone help me please? Thank you so much! INPUT: >gi|24976465|gb|AL935113.1|AL935113 AL935113 Homo sapiens... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: narachaid
4 Replies

5. Web Development

List items not arranged as expected on web page

greetings, i have a list of items that are picks to be arranged within a row that is 22 in height. this "plugin" looks fine in the old installation but after installing a new version of the web app and dropping this "plugin" in place the layout isn't as i expect. they are arranged vertically... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crimso
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a lis, find items in a file from the list, change each item

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, file: final_temp1 aname val NAME;r'(1,) 3.28584 r'(2,)<tab> NAME;r'(3,) 6.13003 NAME;r'(4,) 4.18037 r'(5,)<tab> You can see that the data is incomplete in some cases. There is a trailing tab after the first column for each incomplete row. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Number of Small Forum Code Changes (TODO List Items)

In the past few days have I have done a lot of code cleanup work in various categories, including faster page loading and bug fixes: Move countless inline style directives to external CSS stylesheets for key pages (faster page loading) Fixed bug in member panel going between desktop and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass an array to awk to sequentially look for a list of items in a file

Hello, I need to collect some statistical results from a series of files that are being generated by other software. The files are tab delimited. There are 4 different sets of statistics in each file where there is a line indicating what the statistic set is, followed by 5 lines of values. It... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process a list of items and uncomment lines with that item in a second file

Hello, I have a src code file where I need to uncomment many lines. The lines I need to uncomment look like, C CALL l_r(DESNAME,DESOUT, 'Gmax', ESH(10), NO_APP, JJ) The comment is the "C" in the first column. This needs to be deleted so that there are 6 spaces preceding "CALL".... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(library call)							     XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(library call)

NAME
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected -- A List function that replaces items in a list without selecting the replacement items SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/List.h> void XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected( Widget widget, XmString *new_items, int item_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected replaces the specified number of items in the list with new items, starting at the given position. The replacement items remain unselected, even if they currently appear in the XmNselectedItems list. widget Specifies the ID of the List widget to replace items in. new_items Specifies a pointer to the replacement items. item_count Specifies the number of elements in new_items and the number of items in the list to replace. This number must be nonnegative. position Specifies the position of the first item in the list to be replaced. A value of 1 indicates that the first item replaced is the first item in the list; a value of 2 indicates that it is the second item; and so on. Beginning with the item specified in position, item_count items in the list are replaced with the corresponding elements from new_items. That is, the item at position is replaced with the first element of new_items; the item after position is replaced with the second element of new_items; and so on, until item_count is reached. For a complete definition of List and its associated resources, see XmList(3). RELATED
XmList(3). XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(library call)