Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Variables passed to awk to return certain rows Post 302948468 by pchang on Monday 29th of June 2015 09:39:40 PM
Old 06-29-2015
Hi Don.

Your solution worked perfectly!!!

thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell variables In awk

Oh its not my day for syntax... cat gzipsize.txt | awk '{print "echo",$1,$2} > master.txt I have read a lot about the awk -v but haven't been able to get it to work. I have a variable in my script and I'm looking just to push it into the awk after the $2 (or anywhere would do)!!! Every... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, shell variables

Hello, I've been trying to figure out how to use variables inside the AWK command and use it back in the korn shell sript. in my script I have lots of awk commands like this grep Listen /etc/ssh/sshd_config | \ awk '{ if ($2 == "22" ) print "OK"; else print "not OK" }' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusko
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return Awk Variable to Shell

I'm a bit stuck in getting variable from awk to shell. I tried searching but most of them showing to assign to shell variable via.. VAR=`echo $line | awk -F: '{print $1}'` which is correct ofcourse My problem is multiple assignments of variable like this one. The above solution will give... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Retrieving names of variables passed with -v

I'm an experienced awk user, but this one has me stumped. I have an awk script which is called from a UNIX command line as you'd expect: myscript.awk -v foo=$1 -v bar=$2 filename My question is this: is there a mechanism for determining the names of the -v variables within a script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Mac
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - take variables out to shell

Hi, How could we take the value of awk variables out to shell? I know the following methods 1. awk '{print $1}' < file | read a echo $a 2. a=`awk '{print $1}' < file` echo $a Please let me know if there are any other methods. Also, how do we take more than 1 variable value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thumban
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk processing of passed variables

Currently have this: set current=192.168.0.5 set servicehost = `echo $current | awk -F. '{print $4}'` echo $numberoffields 5 ..but would like to reduce # of variables and eliminate echo to have something like this: set servicehost = `awk -v s="$current" -F. 'BEGIN{print $2}'`But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mid Ocean
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Why can't value of awk variables be passed to external functions ?

I wrote a very simple script to understand how to call user-defined functions from within awk after reading this post. function my_func_local { echo "In func $1" } export -f my_func_local echo $1 | awk -F"/" '{for (k=1;k<=NF;k++) { if ($k == "a" ) { system("my_local_func $k") } else{... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple bash variables passed into nawk

I have a file that has 2 fields called b_file: 11977 DAR.V3.20150209.1.CSV 3295 DAR.V3.20150209.1.CSV 1721 DAR.V2.20150210.1.CSV I need to search a sftplog using the field 1, but want to maintain the relationship between field 1 and 2. I am passing field 1 as a parameter in a bash loop. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: smenago
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple variables to be passed in a loop

Hi, I need to pass the multiple values of src1 to another variable. I managed to print it but not sure how to assign it to a variable in a loop. src1=01,02,03 echo $src1|awk 'BEGIN {FS=","} {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) print $i}' I need to pass the value as src2=01 src2=02 src2=03 Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create runtime variables based on the number of parameters passed in the script

Hi All, I have a script which intends to create as many variables at runtime, as the number of parameters passed to it. The script needs to save these parameter values in the variables created and print them abc.sh ---------- export Numbr_Parms=$# export a=1 while do export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
funtablerowget(3)						SAORD Documentation						 funtablerowget(3)

NAME
FunTableRowGet - get Funtools rows SYNOPSIS
#include <funtools.h> void *FunTableRowGet(Fun fun, void *rows, int maxrow, char *plist, int *nrow) DESCRIPTION
The FunTableRowGet() routine retrieves rows from a Funtools binary table or raw event file, and places the values of columns selected by FunColumnSelect() into an array of user structs. Selected column values are automatically converted to the specified user data type (and to native data format) as necessary. The first argument is the Fun handle associated with this row data. The second rows argument is the array of user structs into which the selected columns will be stored. If NULL is passed, the routine will automatically allocate space for this array. (This includes proper allocation of pointers within each struct, if the "@" pointer type is used in the selection of columns. Note that if you pass NULL in the second argument, you should free this space using the standard free() system call when you are finished with the array of rows.) The third maxrow argument specifies the maximum number of rows to be returned. Thus, if rows is allocated by the user, it should be at least of size maxrow*sizeof(evstruct). The fourth plist argument is a param list string. Currently, the keyword/value pair "mask=transparent" is supported in the plist argument. If this string is passed in the call's plist argument, then all rows are passed back to the user (instead of just rows passing the filter). This is only useful when FunColumnSelect() also is used to specify "$region" as a column to return for each row. In such a case, rows found within a region have a returned region value greater than 0 (corresponding to the region id of the region in which they are located), rows passing the filter but not in a region have region value of -1, and rows not passing any filter have region value of 0. Thus, using "mask=transparent" and the returned region value, a program can process all rows and decide on an action based on whether a given row passed the filter or not. The final argument is a pointer to an int variable that will return the actual number of rows returned. The routine returns a pointer to the array of stored rows, or NULL if there was an error. (This pointer will be the same as the second argument, if the latter is non-NULL). /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (buf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* process all rows */ for(i=0; i<got; i++){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = buf+i; /* rearrange some values. etc. */ ev->energy = (ev->pi+ev->pha)/2.0; ev->pha = -ev->pha; ev->pi = -ev->pi; } /* write out this batch of rows */ FunTableRowPut(fun2, buf, got, 0, NULL); /* free row data */ if( buf ) free(buf); } As shown above, successive calls to FunTableRowGet() will return the next set of rows from the input file until all rows have been read, i.e., the routine behaves like sequential Unix I/O calls such as fread(). See evmerge example code for a more complete example. Note that FunTableRowGet() also can be called as FunEventsGet(), for backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funtablerowget(3)