Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AutoConf,-Make
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AutoConf,-Make Post 302948385 by Corona688 on Monday 29th of June 2015 11:46:35 AM
Old 06-29-2015
If it doesn't require compilation, why use autoconf?
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

automake/autoconf problem

hi, i'm fairly new with automake and i ran into a problem that i have found no solution for. so i have a setup where i don't want all the output files generated by the compiler and alike in my src directory, instead i created a build/unix folder and i have build/unix/config set for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akimaki
0 Replies

2. BSD

You have another version of autoconf...

Hi gurus, I'm a FreeBSD noob who has generated an error, searched everywhere for solutions, and has just joined this forum (and searched it) hoping you can help. I really need to get mysql server installed again ASAP, and preferably with Sphinx as a storage engine, or my web app in dev is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userunx
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using automake and autoconf with C++

hi, I have written the Makefile.am and autoconf.ac files and am looking to build my project by providing the following commands: $autoreconf -f -i -m $./configure both of the above work fine, but when I give the make command, I get the following error: make all-am make: Entering directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacpp
0 Replies

4. Programming

Using autoconf and automake. aclocal-1.11: command not found

Hi, I'm trying to make my source "buildable". autoconf and automake tools are used. configure and Makefile.in files are created successfully. configure.ac: AC_INIT() AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR() AC_PROG_CXX AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(main, 0.1) AC_CHECK_HEADERS()... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vourhey
0 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant. Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build directory using dh_install(1). DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files. If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. --destdir=directory Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as described in the "DESCRIPTION" section. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_install usually passes. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)