Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Switching server in UNIX via shell script (SSH ) Post 302948353 by raks2301 on Monday 29th of June 2015 08:18:49 AM
Old 06-29-2015
Switching server in UNIX via shell script (SSH )

Requirement: I am writing a shell script which take some file from say Server1 and I have to execute some command on Server2 then I have to manipulate the data and based on that I have to produce report.
Problem:I can schedule the shell script on only one server (Server1 or Server2) So, In the shell script itself I have to switch the server . If I will switch the server then it will prompt for the password. I don't want that as it will be scheduled(No one will be there to enter the password)

Please suggest me the way to hardcode the password or switch the server without password.

(I have no right to install anything on server )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

switching to another user in shell script...

Hi, I have a shell script in which I need to switch to another user and execute some commands and then come back to the original user. To make it more clear - I have to log in as user root then 'su' to jag - execute a script called backup.sh and then logout and come back to root again.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for how to connect to a remote server by using ssh

i want to connect to a remote server through ssh. i have to also provide password within that script. after connecting to the remote server i want to do some operations like grep,cd etc can u pls help me to wite a script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Switching user inside a shell script

Dear All, I want to switch a user inside a shell script.My current user say x and user y to whom i want to switch both have login on the same server,the one on which i want to execute my script on. "I want to do something like this su - y Password should be provided in the script itself.And... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script on another server using ssh

Hi, I have 2 servers and i installed ssh2 on both boxes .. so they they can communicate with each other with our password auth .. now i want to write a scrip on box 1 for running commands and getting out put from the second box can some one help me out Thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anwesh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem switching to directory using shell script

Hi, I have an issue with switching to other directory through shell script. I have used cd /Music" but that doesn't help me. Then I have also tried using alias proj 'Music' alias then I get the error permission denied but i set the chmod 777 Music. I am using cShell for my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluk
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh command to execute shell script in another server

ssh -q <hostname> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh ssh -q <anotherserver> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh tst.ksh has "nohup <command> & " when i execute below script , its throwing error as nohup can not be found ssh -q <anotherserver> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh > log & can someone let me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to execute setDomainEnv.sh in wblogic via ssh on remote server in shell script?

How to execute setDomainEnv.sh in wblogic via ssh on remote server in shell script we execute setDomainEnv.sh manually as . ./setDomainEnv.sh from its location ie /opt/SP/users/domian/bin" My approach is not working. Please advise. #!/bin/bash set -x base="/opt/SP/users/d1/bin"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to have local shell variables in a ksh script seen on remove server in SSH block?

I have googled this and found many solutions, but none of them are working for me. I am in a korn shell, most others reference bsh, maybe that is the issue? Anyway, all I am trying to do is use a variable I have declared in my main script in a remote shell I am running through ssh. So I have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
8 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)