Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Privacy enable on SNMPv3 AIX) Post 302948255 by bakunin on Saturday 27th of June 2015 05:23:37 PM
Old 06-27-2015
Also notice that HACMP (in case you have a cluster) is depending on SNMP communication between the nodes. Otherwise the cluster.information daemon (clinfoES) and perhaps a few others will not work any more.

Many monitoring tools (HP OpenView, for example) base their operation also on SNMP, so test thoroughly before commissioning "security enhancements".

Usually these are issued by people who never had to administrate a system and this shows. We have about two times a year some "security advisory" which would immediately stop all our servers from peroperly working would we put it into practice. Best practice is to ignore such idiotic suggestions.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular user - enable printer - aix unix

how can I let a regular user enable a printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naes
0 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp-config --create-snmpv3-user snmpengineID

Solaris 10 -- I created SNMPv3 users with net-snmp-config --create-snmpv3-user command. I am using HP Network Node Manager's SNMPv3 Smart Plugin to serve as the SNMP management server. Some SNMPv3 users were automatically created with the same snmpengineID. This causes NNM's brassagt proxy to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsteele
0 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Configuration of snmpv3 in AIX

Hi, I am new to AIX and have been assigned a task to configure the snmp on aix which can talk to our management server. Any help in relation to this will be greatly appriciated. Cheers, Tarun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkhanna
3 Replies

4. AIX

Enable send email through smtp - exchange on AIX 6.1

Please help, i can not to send email from AIX 6.1 to outside network through STMP - Exchange. Any one can help ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichsan
1 Replies

5. AIX

Enable large filesize option in NFS mount in AIX 4.3

Hi All, I have a NFS mount filesystem, however it is not supporting a creation of filesize greater than 2 GB in it, how can i enable the option (bf = true) in it. The AIX version is 4.3.2 Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to enable command history in AIX 6

Hi Friends, I am using AIX 6 with ksh shell, i am not able to get the commands histroy which was used earlier by pressing up and down arrow keys. Could you please help me to enable the history for ksh shell in AIX 6 OS. Thanks in Advance. Siva Kumar. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
3 Replies

7. AIX

SNMPv3 error - Help please!

Hello everyone: I'm still relatively new to AIX administration and learning every day. I need to configure SNMPv3 in several servers. I tried first on a "test environment" server, no firewalls, and I was successful. Then I moved on to the "production" servers, which are behind firewall and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
0 Replies

8. AIX

Is it must to enable TCB on AIX LPARs ?

Hi, I've verified my AIX 7.1 LPAR , and TCB is disabled by default. #odmget -q attribute=TCB_STATE PdAt PdAt: uniquetype = "" attribute = "TCB_STATE" deflt = "tcb_disabled" values = "" width = "" type = "" generic = "" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies
clinfo(1M)						  System Administration Commands						clinfo(1M)

NAME
clinfo - display cluster information SYNOPSIS
clinfo [-nh] DESCRIPTION
The clinfo command displays cluster configuration information about the node from which the command is executed. Without arguments, clinfo returns an exit status of 0 if the node is configured and booted as part of a cluster. Otherwise, clinfo returns an exit status of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Displays the highest node number allowed to be configured. This is different from the maximum number of nodes supported in a given cluster. The current highest configured node number can change immediately after the command returns since new nodes can be dynami- cally added to a running cluster. For example, clinfo -h might return 64, meaning that the highest number you can use to identify a node is 64. See the Sun Cluster 3.0 System Administration Guide for a description of utilities you can use to determine the number of nodes in a cluster. -n Prints the number of the node from which clinfo is executed. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. This is usually because the node is not configured or booted as part of a cluster. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 12 Mar 2002 clinfo(1M)