Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Privacy enable on SNMPv3 AIX) Post 302948210 by blackrageous on Friday 26th of June 2015 06:36:58 PM
Old 06-26-2015
It's not clear what you mean by "show privacy in your security software". What kind of manager are you using? When configuring snmp I recommend that you first do a query from the agent itself using the clsnmp command. This lets you simulate a manager function and insure security is working correctly without worrying about another machine and another manager running on another machine.

Once you verify it works with this minimum configuration then worry about configuring the manager machines.

See the manage pages for clsnmp and it's configuration file.

Once you can query, then you do this capture to insure privacy is working, something like:

Code:
tcpdump -i lo0 -c 10000 -a -T snmp "(host 127.0.0.1) and (port 161 or 162)"

snmpv3 configuration for auth and priv (max security) has a lot of parts...so configure agent and query from agent before moving to large task like configuring into your manager system

So get clsnmp working from agent first.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular user - enable printer - aix unix

how can I let a regular user enable a printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naes
0 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp-config --create-snmpv3-user snmpengineID

Solaris 10 -- I created SNMPv3 users with net-snmp-config --create-snmpv3-user command. I am using HP Network Node Manager's SNMPv3 Smart Plugin to serve as the SNMP management server. Some SNMPv3 users were automatically created with the same snmpengineID. This causes NNM's brassagt proxy to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsteele
0 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Configuration of snmpv3 in AIX

Hi, I am new to AIX and have been assigned a task to configure the snmp on aix which can talk to our management server. Any help in relation to this will be greatly appriciated. Cheers, Tarun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkhanna
3 Replies

4. AIX

Enable send email through smtp - exchange on AIX 6.1

Please help, i can not to send email from AIX 6.1 to outside network through STMP - Exchange. Any one can help ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichsan
1 Replies

5. AIX

Enable large filesize option in NFS mount in AIX 4.3

Hi All, I have a NFS mount filesystem, however it is not supporting a creation of filesize greater than 2 GB in it, how can i enable the option (bf = true) in it. The AIX version is 4.3.2 Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to enable command history in AIX 6

Hi Friends, I am using AIX 6 with ksh shell, i am not able to get the commands histroy which was used earlier by pressing up and down arrow keys. Could you please help me to enable the history for ksh shell in AIX 6 OS. Thanks in Advance. Siva Kumar. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
3 Replies

7. AIX

SNMPv3 error - Help please!

Hello everyone: I'm still relatively new to AIX administration and learning every day. I need to configure SNMPv3 in several servers. I tried first on a "test environment" server, no firewalls, and I was successful. Then I moved on to the "production" servers, which are behind firewall and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
0 Replies

8. AIX

Is it must to enable TCB on AIX LPARs ?

Hi, I've verified my AIX 7.1 LPAR , and TCB is disabled by default. #odmget -q attribute=TCB_STATE PdAt PdAt: uniquetype = "" attribute = "TCB_STATE" deflt = "tcb_disabled" values = "" width = "" type = "" generic = "" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies
TOMOYO-SAVEPOLICY(8)					  System Administration Utilities				      TOMOYO-SAVEPOLICY(8)

NAME
tomoyo-savepolicy - save TOMOYO Linux policy SYNOPSIS
tomoyo-savepolicy [directory] tomoyo-savepolicy [directory] [remote_ip:remote:port] DESCRIPTION
This program saves TOMOYO Linux policy onto disk from kernel memory. The directory /etc/tomoyo/policy/YY-MM-DD.hh:mm:ss is created with four files inside: domain_policy.conf, exception_policy.conf, profile.conf, and manager.conf. The symbolic links /etc/tomoyo/policy/previous and /etc/tomoyo/policy/current are updated to point to the previous and current YY-MM-DD.hh:mm:ss directories respectively. The following symbolic links should exist within the /etc/tomoyo directory: domain_policy.conf -> policy/current/domain_policy.conf exception_policy.conf -> policy/current/exception_policy.conf profile.conf -> policy/current/profile.conf manager.conf -> policy/current/manager.conf policy/current -> policy/YY-MM-DD.hh:mm:ss policy/previous -> policy/YY-MM-DD.hh:mm:ss You can therefore access the current policy files without having to descend into subdirectories, and without having to determine which YY-MM-DD.hh:mm:ss directory is the most recent. If the policy type is specified, this program works similar to cat(1). OPTIONS
-e Print /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/exception_policy to standard output. -d Print /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/domain_policy to standard output. -p Print /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/profile to standard output. -m Print /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/manager to standard output. -s Print /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/stat to standard output. directory Save policy to an alternative directory, rather than the default /etc/tomoyo directory. remote_ip:remote_port Save policy on a remote system via an agent waiting at port remote_port on IP address remote_ip. EXAMPLES
Save policy to disk tomoyo-savepolicy Print "/sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/exception_policy" to standard output tomoyo-savepolicy -e Retrieve policy from a remote system and save in a local directory tomoyo-savepolicy /etc/tomoyo/192.168.1.1/ 192.168.1.1:10000 BUGS
If you find any bugs, send an email to <tomoyo-users-en@lists.sourceforge.jp>. AUTHORS
Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp> Main author. Jamie Nguyen <jamie@tomoyolinux.co.uk> Documentation and website. SEE ALSO
tomoyo-editpolicy-agent(8), tomoyo-loadpolicy(8) See <http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp> for more information. tomoyo-tools 2.5.0 2012-04-14 TOMOYO-SAVEPOLICY(8)