Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) The Alternate DC board for AudioScope.sh. Post 302947927 by wisecracker on Wednesday 24th of June 2015 04:13:24 AM
Old 06-24-2015
Hi Don...

Thanks a lot.

It was the array method I wanted but I couldn't get my version to work.
I will try your version out tonight when I am home from work...

And yes, $num will AWLAYS be an integer number that will default to 0, (zero), before any call.

I will code for errors anyhow...

Again thanks, I will let you know how I get on...

Bazza.

---------- Post updated at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:49 AM ----------

Hi Don...
(Oops, at work.)
You are a star...
DEMO code that works, I couldn't work my own out...
This will be modified to suit my requirements in AudioScope.sh...
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# lookup
range_lows=(100 200 300 400 500)
voltage=(0 0.000 0.125 0.250 0.375 0.500)
while true
do
	read -p "Number, 100 to 499:- " num
	printf '\nUsing array lookup:\n'
	for ((i=0; i < ${#range_lows[@]}; i++))
	do
		[ "$num" -lt ${range_lows[i]} ] && break
	done
	[ $i -gt 0 ] && [ $i -lt ${#range_lows[@]} ] && V="${voltage[$i]}"
	echo "$V Volts DC..."
done

Results just as I require.
Code:
Last login: Wed Jun 24 09:03:07 on ttys000
AMIGA:barrywalker~> cd Desktop/Code/Shell
AMIGA:barrywalker~/Desktop/Code/Shell> ./lookup
Number, 100 to 499:- 0

Using array lookup:
 Volts DC...
Number, 100 to 499:- 99

Using array lookup:
 Volts DC...
Number, 100 to 499:- 100

Using array lookup:
0.000 Volts DC...
Number, 100 to 499:- 199

Using array lookup:
0.000 Volts DC...
Number, 100 to 499:- 200

Using array lookup:
0.125 Volts DC...
Number, 100 to 499:- 299

Using array lookup:
0.125 Volts DC...
Number, 100 to 499:- 400

Using array lookup:
0.375 Volts DC...
Number, 100 to 499:- 499

Using array lookup:
0.375 Volts DC...
Number, 100 to 499:- ^C
AMIGA:barrywalker~/Desktop/Code/Shell> _

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Board Maintenance

Just a remark now the board has grown to considerable proportion. I see too little of an active hand(s) maintaning the boards, clipping away dead posts, moving posts that were created in the wrong forums etc. It's a bit tiring to see alot of threads ending in: this has been covered before, do a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patvdv
7 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

AudioScope has had a magazine review. <shock>

Hi Admin and Staff... Thanks for hosting AudioScope.sh on this site. I have had the biggest surprise of my life today. This months issue of the UK Linux magazine "Linux Format" have done a small piece on the project. Issue April 2014, LXF 182, page 65... This I never expected and I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

AC to DC trigger pulse for AudioScope.sh.

Hi all... Has _below_ ever been done in UNIX shell scripting before? (I have done this easily in Python but this is using purely the shell.) The DEMO version IS built and has been tested. Pre-amble... I now need at least one control pulse for the AudioScope.sh when in PURELY audio I/O mode,... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Experimental awk audio converter for CygWin and AudioScope.sh

Development machine:- Standard MBP 13 inch, OSX 10.7.5... GNU bash, version 3.2.48(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin11) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Scenario:- Audio capture for AudioScope.sh for CygWin without ANY third party installs. I am trying my hardest to get a... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

5. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Board not present

Can please somebody tell me what could be the reason for the following error (Unix Motorola Server): /usr/etc/ce3/s374: Board at address 0xff10000 not present - Entry skipped. /dev/lpc2: I/O error I already replaced the board 374 on the server, but I have the same problem. Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dma
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

AudioScope...

Boy oh boy, with only a MONO mic input to use AudioScope gets much more difficult when the ALTDC board is included. It needs, so far, two hits at the MIC input with a single hit at the HEADPHONE audio output. The first at the highest practical resolution for the AC component and the second... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

The DC Control and Timer boards for AudioScope.sh...

Hi all... Apologies for any typos... For those intersted in the AudioScope the next construction is finished. I have not been totally idle but working out the hard stuff to be able to be very simple to build. It is a single transistor simple timer that lasts for about 1.2 to 1.8 seconds.... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has AudioScope found a bug in bash 4.4.5?

Using AudioScope.sh on Ubuntu 17.04 from a live DVD disc I came across an error. Consider the code below it is a MUCH shortened version of the KEYBOARD input in AudioScope. #!/bin/bash bash --version uname -a status=0 KEYBOARD() { read -r -p "Enter QUIT or EXIT to quit:- " kbinput if ||... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

AudioScope Project.

AudioScope Project. (Apologies for any typos.) For the few following...... AudioScope.sh... Now at Version 0.60.00. Well this baby has come a long way since its inception in January 2013. It is now at Version 0.60.00. It is MUCH more Apple centric now with a new OSX Sierra minimum _silent_... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
BESTUPS(8)							    NUT Manual								BESTUPS(8)

NAME
bestups - Driver for Best Power / SOLA (Phoenixtec protocol) UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the bestups driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
bestups was designed to monitor Best Power UPS hardware like the Fortress, Fortress Telecom, Axxium Rackmount and Patriot Pro. It also recognizes and supports SOLA units such as the 325, 520 and 620. In addition, the Best 610 is supported using the 'ID' option. Other UPS hardware using the Phoenixtec protocol should also work, but they will generate a warning since their battery information is not known. This driver does not support some older Best/SOLA units. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following optional settings in the ups.conf(5): nombattvolt=num Override the battery float voltage which is normally determined by asking the hardware. This is useful if your UPS constantly reports battery.charge values just below 100% even when it's completely charged. If you have this problem, set this to whatever battery.voltage reports when the UPS is known to be completely charged with a good battery. The author's Best Fortress 750 uses nombattvolt=27.4. battvoltmult=num Multiply the reported battery voltage by this number. Some devices report only a fraction of the total battery voltage. For example, the SOLA 610 700VA UPS (with a 24V battery) reports the single cell voltage (about 2.27V when fully charged). In this particular case you can set battvoltmult = 12 in ups.conf(8) to fix this. ID=string Set the Identification response string. This should only be used with hardware that supports the Phoenixtec protocol status inquiry commands, but not the "ID" command, such as the Best/SOLA 610. Format of the ID string is: AAA,BBBB,CCC,DDD,EE.E,FF.F AAA is the three-character identification for the UPS model. BBBB is the output power in VA (volt amperes). B is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. CCC is the Nominal Input Voltage. C is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. The unit is Volts AC. DDD is the Nominal Output Voltage. D is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. The unit is Volts AC. EE.E is the Battery Voltage that will cause the UPS to shut itself off. E is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. Then unit is Volts DC and a decimal point is present. FF.F or FFF.F is the Battery Voltage at full charge. F is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. Then unit is Volts DC. Typically, for 700VA, 1KVA and 1.5KVA units, the format is FF.F. For 2KVA and 3KVA units, the format is FFF.F. Example: a Best 610 1.5KVA unit would use the string "610,1500,120,120,10.0,48.0". BUGS
The battery charge percentage value (in battery.charge) is derived from the voltage data that the UPS returns, since the UPS doesn't return that value directly. On some hardware, the charge will remain at 100% for a long time and then drops quickly shortly before the battery runs out. You can confirm from the battery.voltage readings that this is a problem with the UPS and not this driver. Similarly, the float from the charger in some models forces the battery charge percentage back up to 100% immedately after the UPS goes back on-line, so you can't tell when it is really recharged. Finally, some models give one value for the battery's nominal voltage and yet actually have a nominal voltage slightly below that. This leads to things such as the perpetual 98.7% charge on the author's Fortress 750, even when it's been charging for weeks. You can use nombattvolt= in ups.conf(8) to fix this. AUTHOR
Russell Kroll, Jason White SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 BESTUPS(8)