Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add items to ksh array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add items to ksh array Post 302947877 by ashanabey on Tuesday 23rd of June 2015 01:20:11 PM
Old 06-23-2015
Add items to ksh array

Hi

I need a code help put below items in to array and display in order like this

Thanks,
Ashan

Code:
0AD4  R2 03A1 000198701333 0AD4 R1 270B 000198701616

------
Code:
0AD4
R2
03A1
0AD4
R1
270B

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 06-23-2015 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using array in ksh

hi all, need help with putting names in an array, i have a few servers which i look up by doing a 'find . -name "*.pid' and the format of the output is like following : ./servername/myserver.pid i was wondering how can i iterate through and store each name in one array my code is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk between items including items

OS=HP-UX ksh The following works, except I want to include the <start> and <end> in the output. awk -F '<start>' 'BEGIN{RS="<end>"; OFS="\n"; ORS=""} {print $2} somefile.log' The following work in bash but not in ksh sed -n '/^<start>/,/^<end>/{/LABEL$/!p}' somefile.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh array solution.

I was wondering if ksh supported arrays. I have a script that may work with several hosts. I'd like a means of knowing how many hosts I'm working with and an easy way to access them (as variables) in a loop. I'm assuming there's some kind of foreach in shell scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Split lines into array - variable line items - variable no of lines.

Hi, I have the following lines that I would like to see in an array for easy comparisons and printing: Example 1: field1,field2,field3,field4,field5 value1,value2,value3,value4,value5Example 2: field1,field3,field4,field2,field5,field6,field7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in ksh with if-else

Hi All, My Requirement is as follows: 1. User will input Source Sytem Code as input. 2. I have source system codes as 11, 34, 56, 99, 45 etc. OS Version: SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-62 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 My code is like... echo 'Source System Code: \c' read varSSCode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Array in Ksh

Hi Guys, My code is something like this set -A A1 1 7 13 19 set -A A2 2 8 14 20 set -A A3 3 9 15 21 echo "Enter a number" read number for i in 0 2 3 4 do if }" ] then do something elif }" ] then do something elif }" ] then do something (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeanzibbin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] KSH: Array/If Help

RedHat 5 KSH I am creating an array, and then using case to go through and count for specific words. Then the count gets stored as an expression. string='ftp rcp rsh telnet ftp ftp' set -A myarray $string FTPCOUNT="0" for command in ${myarray} do case $command in ftp) FTPCOUNT=`expr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to delete items in an array from a file

I need to create a shell script to delete multiple items (Strings) at a time from a file. I need to iterate through a list of strings. My plan is to create an array and then iterate through the array. My code is not working #!/bin/bash -x declare -a array=(one, two, three, four)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate items from an array

Hello Experts, I am trying to write a shell script to find duplicate items in an array, this is what i have tried : #!/bin/bash echo "This is another sample Progg to remove duplicate items from an array" echo "How many number do you want to insert" read n for (( i=0; i<$n; i++ )) do ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass an array to awk to sequentially look for a list of items in a file

Hello, I need to collect some statistical results from a series of files that are being generated by other software. The files are tab delimited. There are 4 different sets of statistics in each file where there is a line indicating what the statistic set is, followed by 5 lines of values. It... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)