Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exclude First Line when awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exclude First Line when awk Post 302947810 by Aia on Monday 22nd of June 2015 01:30:16 PM
Old 06-22-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravin27
Hey Akshay .. Thanks

Shorten code.

Code:
awk 'NR>1 && /1.1 Apply/ {print FILENAME, $0}'  solarisappsummary.txt solarisdbsummary.txt solaris_websummary.txt

May I point a fact?

This snippet does not, cannot, replace the original snippet. They are not equivalent.
The previous will print only, and ONLY, records that match the /1.1 Apply/ if is not the first record of the first file.
On the other hand:

Code:
awk 'FNR == 1 {next}/1.2 Install/ {P=0} /1.1 Apply/ {P=1} P {print FILENAME, $0} ' solarisappsummary.txt solarisdbsummary.txt solaris_websummary.txt

This one will start printing any records once that the match /1.1 Apply/ is found until it finds again the match /1.2 Install/, skipping the first record of every file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude a line

Hi, thanks for your help. I wrote this script : # ! /bin/sh file=snapshot.txt cat $file | while read line ; do { myvariable=`grep "Nombre de ROLLBACK internes" |sed 's/.*.=//'` echo $myvariable } done It looks in a file "snapshot.txt" for the lines containing "Nombre de ROLLBACK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exclude columns with a matching line pattern

Hi , I have 5 columns total and am wanting to search lines in columns 3-5 and basically grep -v patterns that match 'BBB_0123' 'BVG_0895' 'BSD_0987' Does anyone know how to do this? I tried combining grep -v with grep -e but, it didn't work. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greptastic
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exclude the header in shell script using awk

Hello Everyone In my shell script, I am retrieving the cluster ID and node number of an LPAR using the following command - lsclcfg -l This command's output looks as follows - CLUSTER_NAME CLUSTER_ID NODE_NR sch1h004 6104567 3 I want to store only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gates1580
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and sed, how to exclude certain characters

Hello everyone: I have ran into this a few times now where my skills are just not up to snuff when it comes to Unix. So, I came here to find some beard stroking Unix wizard to help me. Basically, I am using OS X 10.5 in large scale at work and sometimes I have to run some custom reports. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have to exclude the first and last line of the file : help me

hi , i am very new to perl . scriptting.. pllease can any one help me ...pleaseeeeeee i ll have a file which look likes 123 |something |567 456 |welcome |789 457 |inboxpost |790 . . 123 |something |567 i have to execute all the lines in the file except the first and the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl exclude directories in command line

Hi, I use find command to list all the files in a directory and its sub-directories, but the problem is to exclude certain directories during search. Can i give the directory names in command line to skip them and search rest of the directories? For example i have directories: test ../test1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmattam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude blank line

hi, how can i exclude blank line along with #, in the below command. crontab -l|grep -v "^#" |wc -l thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK exclude first and last record, sort and print

Hi everyone, I've really searched for a solution to this and this is what I found so far: I need to sort a command output (here represented as a "cat file" command) and from the second down to the second-last line based on the second row and then print ALL the output with the specified section... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dentex
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclude new line character while searching

Hi, I have a log file and want to search "0.48976360737438795" with excluding new line character. Currently i am using the following command: cat LogFile.log | tr -d '\n' | grep '0.48976360737438795' This command giving me the response if file size is small but if i am using a big file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit jain
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk online to exclude rows

Hello, I have 3 columns like shown below: 1 1800 1900 2 1765 1900 3 1654 2054 4 1326 1499 5 1540 1765 I want only those rows where column 2 and column 3's values don't fall within 1800-1900 both inclusive. My output should only be: 4 1326 1499 5 1540 1765 Is there a quick awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies
X2SYS_SOLVE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_SOLVE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_solve - Determine systematic corrections from crossovers SYNOPSIS
x2sys_solve -Ccolumn -TTAG -Emode [ COE_list.d ] [ -V ] [ -W ] [ -Z ] [ -bi[s|S|d|D[ncol]|c[var1/...]] ] DESCRIPTION
x2sys_solve will use the supplied crossover information to solve for systematic corrections that can then be applied per track to improve data quality. Several systematic corrections can be solved for using a least-squares approach. Note: Only one data column can be processed at the time. -T Specify the x2sys TAG which tracks the attributes of this data type. -C Specify which data column you want to process. Needed for proper formatting of the output correction table and must match the same option used in x2sys_list when preparing the input data. -E The correction type you wish to model. Choose among the following functions f(p), where p are the m parameters per track that we will fit simultaneously using a least squares approach: c will fit f(p) = a (a constant offset); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, COE. d will fit f(p) = a + b * d (linear drift; d is distance; records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, d1, d2, COE. g will fit f(p) = a + b sin(y)^2 (1980-1930 gravity correction); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, latitude y, COE. h will fit f(p) = a + b cos(H) + c cos(2H) + d sin(H) + e sin(2H) (magnetic heading correction); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, heading H, COE. s will fit f(p) = a * z (a unit scale correction); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, z1, z2. t will fit f(p) = a + b * (t - t0) (linear drift; t0 is the start time of the track); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, t1-t0, t2-t0, COE. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. COE_list.d Name of file with the required crossover columns as produced by x2sys_list. NOTE: If -bi is used then the first two columns are expected to hold the integer track IDs; otherwise we expect those columns to hold the text string names of the two tracks. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. -W Means that each input records has an extra column with the composite weight for each crossover record. These are used to obtain a weighted least squares solution [no weights]. -Z For -Ed and -Et, determine the earliest time or shortest distance for each track, then use these values as the local origin for time duration or distance calculations. The local origin is then included in the correction table [Default uses 0]. -bi Selects binary input. Append s for single precision [Default is d (double)]. Uppercase S or D will force byte-swapping. Option- ally, append ncol, the number of columns in your binary input file if it exceeds the columns needed by the program. Or append c if the input file is netCDF. Optionally, append var1/var2/... to specify the variables to be read. EXAMPLES
To fit a simple bias offset to faa for all tracks under the MGD77 tag, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -Fnc > faa_coe.txt x2sys_solve faa_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -Ec > coe_table.txt To fit a faa linear drift with time instead, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -FnTc > faa_coe.txt x2sys_solve faa_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -Et > coe_table.txt To estimate heading corrections based on magnetic crossovers associated with the tag MGD77 from the file COE_data.txt, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cmag -Fnhc > mag_coe.txt x2sys_solve mag_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cmag -Eh > coe_table.txt To estimate unit scale corrections based on bathymetry crossovers, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cdepth -Fnz > depth_coe.txt x2sys_solve depth_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cdepth -Es > coe_table.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_SOLVE(1gmt)