Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exclude First Line when awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exclude First Line when awk Post 302947805 by Yoda on Monday 22nd of June 2015 12:41:54 PM
Old 06-22-2015
Also as Akshay had pointed out if multiple input files, FNR should be used instead of NR to skip first record in each input file:-
Code:
NR The total number of input records seen so far.

FNR The input record number in the current input file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude a line

Hi, thanks for your help. I wrote this script : # ! /bin/sh file=snapshot.txt cat $file | while read line ; do { myvariable=`grep "Nombre de ROLLBACK internes" |sed 's/.*.=//'` echo $myvariable } done It looks in a file "snapshot.txt" for the lines containing "Nombre de ROLLBACK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exclude columns with a matching line pattern

Hi , I have 5 columns total and am wanting to search lines in columns 3-5 and basically grep -v patterns that match 'BBB_0123' 'BVG_0895' 'BSD_0987' Does anyone know how to do this? I tried combining grep -v with grep -e but, it didn't work. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greptastic
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exclude the header in shell script using awk

Hello Everyone In my shell script, I am retrieving the cluster ID and node number of an LPAR using the following command - lsclcfg -l This command's output looks as follows - CLUSTER_NAME CLUSTER_ID NODE_NR sch1h004 6104567 3 I want to store only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gates1580
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and sed, how to exclude certain characters

Hello everyone: I have ran into this a few times now where my skills are just not up to snuff when it comes to Unix. So, I came here to find some beard stroking Unix wizard to help me. Basically, I am using OS X 10.5 in large scale at work and sometimes I have to run some custom reports. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have to exclude the first and last line of the file : help me

hi , i am very new to perl . scriptting.. pllease can any one help me ...pleaseeeeeee i ll have a file which look likes 123 |something |567 456 |welcome |789 457 |inboxpost |790 . . 123 |something |567 i have to execute all the lines in the file except the first and the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl exclude directories in command line

Hi, I use find command to list all the files in a directory and its sub-directories, but the problem is to exclude certain directories during search. Can i give the directory names in command line to skip them and search rest of the directories? For example i have directories: test ../test1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmattam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude blank line

hi, how can i exclude blank line along with #, in the below command. crontab -l|grep -v "^#" |wc -l thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK exclude first and last record, sort and print

Hi everyone, I've really searched for a solution to this and this is what I found so far: I need to sort a command output (here represented as a "cat file" command) and from the second down to the second-last line based on the second row and then print ALL the output with the specified section... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dentex
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclude new line character while searching

Hi, I have a log file and want to search "0.48976360737438795" with excluding new line character. Currently i am using the following command: cat LogFile.log | tr -d '\n' | grep '0.48976360737438795' This command giving me the response if file size is small but if i am using a big file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit jain
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk online to exclude rows

Hello, I have 3 columns like shown below: 1 1800 1900 2 1765 1900 3 1654 2054 4 1326 1499 5 1540 1765 I want only those rows where column 2 and column 3's values don't fall within 1800-1900 both inclusive. My output should only be: 4 1326 1499 5 1540 1765 Is there a quick awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies
RLAM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   RLAM(1)

NAME
rlam - laminate records from multiple files SYNOPSIS
rlam [ -tS ][ -u ][ -iaN | -ifN | -idN | -iiN | -iwN | -ibN ] input1 input2 .. DESCRIPTION
Rlam simply joins records (or lines) from multiple inputs, separating them with the given string (TAB by default). Different separators may be given for different files by specifying additional -t options in between each file name. Note that there is no space between this option and its argument. If none of the input files uses an ASCII separator, then no end-of-line character will be printed, either. An input is either a stream or a command. Commands are given in quotes, and begin with an exclamantion point ('!'). If the inputs do not have the same number of lines, then shorter files will stop contributing to the output as they run out. The -ia option may be used to specify ASCII input (the default), or the -if option may be used to indicated binary IEEE 32-bit floats on input. Similarly, the -id and -ii options may be used to indicate binary 64-bit doubles or integer words, respectively. The -iw option specifies 2-byte short words, and the -ib option specifies bytes. If a number is immediately follows any of these options, then it indi- cates that multiple such values are expected for each record. For example, -if3 indicates three floats per input record for the next named input. In the case of the -ia option, no number indicates one line per input record, and numbers greater than zero indicate that many characters exactly per record. For binary input formts, no number implies one value per record. For anything other than EOL-separated input, the default tab separator is reset to the empty string. A hyphen ('-') by itself can be used to indicate the standard input, and may appear multiple times. The -u option forces output after each record (i.e., one run through inputs). EXAMPLE
To join files output1 and output2, separated by a comma: rlam -t, output1 output2 To join a file with line numbers (starting at 0) and its reverse: cnt `wc -l < lam.c` | rlam - -t: lam.c -t '!tail -r lam.c' To join four data files, each having three doubles per record: rlam -id3 file1.dbl file2.dbl file3.dbl file4.dbl > combined.dbl AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
cnt(1), histo(1), neaten(1), rcalc(1), tabfunc(1), total(1) RADIANCE
7/8/97 RLAM(1)