Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suse 10 shows only 1 cpu
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Suse 10 shows only 1 cpu Post 302947771 by zaxxon on Monday 22nd of June 2015 06:27:05 AM
Old 06-22-2015

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

2. SuSE

CPU and RAM comparison on suse vs solaris

hi, currently we have SAP application running on a solaris machine that has 8 dual core CPUs @ 2.4 GHZ and the performance of the system is perfectly normal. We plan to migrate the app to a suse linux VM image on a vmware box now. So my questions are: 1) Should i size the linux image to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
2 Replies

3. AIX

Wait time shows high CPU usage

Hi, I can't seem to make sense of this. My wait time is showing really high but vmstat's and topas are showing normal usage. ps aux USER PID %CPU %MEM SZ RSS TTY STAT STIME TIME COMMAND root 9961810 5680.7 0.0 448 384 - A Dec 16 6703072:12 wait ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
2 Replies
VMBLOCK(9)							   Open VM Tools							VMBLOCK(9)

NAME
vmblock - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmblock DESCRIPTION
This is a kernel filesystem module. Ideally, it should be loaded before any of the Tools userlevel components are allowed to start, though vmblock itself has no dependencies. When loaded, vmblock will establish itself in /proc/fs/vmblock and create two nodes therein, dev and mountPoint. Before mounting a vmblock filesystem, ensure that /tmp/VMwareDnD exists as a directory with permissions 1777, otherwise host to guest drag n' drop operations won't work. To mount, issue: mount -t vmblock none /proc/fs/vmblock/mountPoint Once mounted, vmware-user(1) can begin to make use of vmblock to assist with DnD operations. Note that while vmware-user(1) is running, it'll keep an open file descriptor on /proc/fs/vmblock/dev, and thus all vmware-user(1) instances must be killed to unmount and unload vmblock. OPTIONS
vmblock has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmblock and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMBLOCK(9)