Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required with xargs to use sqlplus Post 302947705 by RudiC on Saturday 20th of June 2015 06:06:45 PM
Old 06-20-2015
I don't think xargs will run those programs in parallel without sending any of them into background.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with xargs

Hi there, I am trying to move around 3000 files from one directory to another. The mv command is complaining from too many arguments. I tried to use the xargs command but with no luck. Could some body provide help? Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

why we use xargs..

hi , can anyone help me by saying why we use xargs.. is it acing like a place holder..? thanks, Krips. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xargs -P

I discovered that GNU's xargs has a -P option to allow its processes to run in parallel. Great! Is this a GNU thing, or is it supported by other platforms as well? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using xargs

hi i just want to know that how do we use xargs command to find files which are greater than specified memory in a given directory (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit the cool
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in using xargs

Hi, I have a requirement to RCP the files from remote server to local server. Also the RCP has to run in parallel. However using 'xargs' retrives 2 file names during each loop. How do we restrict to only one file name using xargs and loop till remaining files. I use the below code for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with xargs

Using the bash shell I'm trying to either create a command for the command line or a script that will show netstat info for a given process name. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do:$ ps aux |grep catalina |grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' 5132 $ netstat -nlp |grep 5132 (Not all processes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: axiopisty
11 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help required for Running SQLPLUS command from Bat file

Hello All, Good Afternoon. I am new to this platform and I need one small help regarding running a SQL file from Bat file. Below is what I am doing, 1. I placed the below command in one Bat file. start putty.exe -ssh user@host -pw pwd -m C:\2.txt 2. In 2.txt, I have below command. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PavanPatil
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies
YPPUSH(8)						       NIS Reference Manual							 YPPUSH(8)

NAME
yppush - force propagation of changed NIS databases SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/yppush [-d domain] [-t timeout] [--parallel # | --port port] [-h host] [-v] mapname... DESCRIPTION
yppush copies updated NIS databases (or maps) from the master NIS server to the slave servers within a NIS domain. It is normally run only on the NIS master by /var/yp/Makefile after the master databases are changed. /var/yp/Makefile does not invoke yppush by default, the NOPUSH=true line must be commented out. yppush first constructs a list of NIS slave servers by reading the NIS map ypservers within the domain. A destination host (or a list of hosts with multiple -h commands) can also be specified on the command line. A "transfer map" request is sent to the NIS serger at each slave, along with the information needed by the transfer agent ypxfr(8) to callback to yppush, which may be printed the result to stderr. Messages are also printed when a transfer is not possible; for instance when the request message is undeliverable. OPTIONS
-d domain Specify a particular domain. The NIS domain of the local host system is used by default. If the local host's domain name is not set, the domain name must be specified with this flag. -t timeout The timeout flag is used to specify a timeout value in seconds. This timeout controls how long yppush will wait for a response from a slave server before sending a map transfer request to the next slave server in the list. By default, yppush will wait 90 seconds. For big maps, this is not long enough. --parallel #, -p # yppush normally performs transfers serially, meaning that it will send a map transfer request to one slave server and then wait for it to respond before sending the next map transfer request to the next slave server. In environments with many slaves, it is more efficient to initiate several map transfers at once so that the transfers can take place in parallel. It is not possible to run in parallel and assign a fixed port with the --port flag --port port specify a port for yppush to listen on. By default, yppush will ask portmap(8) to assign it a random port number. It is not possible to assign a port with this option and run in parallel with the --parallel or -p flag -h host The host flag can be used to transfer a map to a user-specified machine or group of machines instead of the list of servers contained in the ypservers map. A list of hosts can be specified by using multiple instances of the -h flag. -v Verbose mode: causes yppush to print debugging messages as it runs. Note specifying this flag twice makes yppush even more verbose. SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8) BUGS
The mechanism for transferring NIS maps in NIS v1 is different that that in NIS version 2. This version of yppush has support for transferring maps to NIS v2 systems only. AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@linux-nis.org> NIS Reference Manual 06/12/2009 YPPUSH(8)