Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with cmd while using ps
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with cmd while using ps Post 302947611 by MadeInGermany on Friday 19th of June 2015 01:19:39 PM
Old 06-19-2015
Tip1:
If you want this portable to Unix systems, stick to Posix.
The "Man Pages" at the top of the unix.com pages guide you to the Posix man page for ps.
Code:
ps -e -o pid,user,args |
while read PID USER ARGS ; do
  printf "%s\n" "PID=$PID , user=$USER , command='$ARGS'"
done

Also the ksh/zsh-only print was replaced by the portable printf.
Tip 2:
If you do not want a header line then use ps -e -o pid= -o user= -o args=.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Programming

open cmd

if((LogFile=open(TempStr,O_CREAT|O_WRONLY|O_APPEND,0666))==-1) return(1); could someone explain me what the open() does here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv cmd

Hi All, How can I move only files to another destination using mv cmd in hp-ux. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed cmd

write the sed command for swapping the first and 2nd (fields)words in the following file input file cse1 rama 1223 cse2 raju 2453 cse3 sita 3523 i tried with this $sed 's/ \(*\)/ \(*\)/ \2,\1' myfile1 but not getting th required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar_vitam
4 Replies

5. AIX

Filesystems cmd

hi is that any command to find out which filesystems occupying more process in cpu utilisation (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with delete cmd

Is there any command to know ,how many files are deleted when rm *. cmd was excuted. I worte script which runs for 1 hours regularly and it is used to delete the .exe files but i need to know how many exe files are deleted regularly. Please let me know the cmd ---------- Post updated at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the find cmd

Hello, I'm having a trouble with the find cmd. I would like to find all the java versions on my systems. I have solaris 9 & 10 RHEL and SUSIE. java -version doesn't give all the versions on the server. So I am trying to use the find command to find them all find / -name java I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
7 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Sftp cmd

What is the cmd line to connect sftp, specifing the port number and the shh key file. When I use the below cmd format, it gives the msg :node name or service name not known, but I know the connection works, because the automated sftp script works fine and I can log into the remote server ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
3 Replies
GPG-ZIP(1)						      General Commands Manual							GPG-ZIP(1)

NAME
gpg-zip - encrypt or sign files into an archive SYNOPSIS
gpg-zip [OPTIONS] filename1 [filename2, ...] directory1 [directory2, ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gpg-zip command. gpg-zip encrypts or signs files into an archive. It is an gpg-ized tar using the same format as PGP's PGP Zip. OPTIONS
-e, --encrypt Encrypt data. This option may be combined with --symmetric (for output that may be decrypted via a secret key or a passphrase). -d, --decrypt Decrypt data. -c, --symmetric Encrypt with a symmetric cipher using a passphrase. The default symmetric cipher used is CAST5, but may be chosen with the --cipher-algo option to gpg(1). -s, --sign Make a signature. See gpg(1). -r, --recipient USER Encrypt for user id USER. See gpg(1). -u, --local-user USER Use USER as the key to sign with. See gpg(1). --list-archive List the contents of the specified archive. -o, --output FILE" Write output to specified file FILE. --gpg GPG Use the specified command instead of gpg. --gpg-args ARGS Pass the specified options to gpg(1). --tar TAR Use the specified command instead of tar. --tar-args ARGS Pass the specified options to tar(1). -h, --help Output a short usage information. --version Output the program version. DIAGNOSTICS
The program returns 0 if everything was fine, 1 otherwise. EXAMPLES
Encrypt the contents of directory mydocs for user Bob to file test1: gpg-zip --encrypt --output test1 --gpg-args -r Bob"" mydocs List the contents of archive test1: gpg-zip --list-archive test1 SEE ALSO
gpg(1), tar(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Please report bugs to <bug-gnupg@gnu.org>. This manpage was written by Colin Tuckley <colin@tuckley.org> and Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> for the Debian distribution (but may be used by others). November 2006 GPG-ZIP(1)