Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using HTML inside shell script Post 302947341 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 17th of June 2015 10:47:55 AM
Old 06-17-2015
Hello rogerben,

Following is an example for same, may help you.
Code:
 cat test_html.ksh
echo "<html>" > TEST_TEST
echo "<body>" >> TEST_TEST
echo "<table border="4">" >> TEST_TEST
echo "<tr>" >> TEST_TEST
echo "<td>" >> TEST_TEST
echo "R. Singh" >> TEST_TEST
echo "</td>" >> TEST_TEST
echo "<td>" >> TEST_TEST
echo "Singh is King" >> TEST_TEST
echo "</td>" >> TEST_TEST
echo "</tr>" >> TEST_TEST
echo "</table>" >> TEST_TEST
echo "</body>" >> TEST_TEST
echo "</html>" >> TEST_TEST

cat - TEST_TEST <<EOF | /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t
To: chumma@chumma.com
Subject: "Testinglah"
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
MIME-Version: 1.0
EOF

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Shell Script to HTML

Hi, Im new to shell scripting. My task is to convert shell script feed into html, so basically I have a lot of information in shell script and I want to convert it html. I know you can simply convert the information by hand, but is there any simpler way? Thank you Dave (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davwel
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Script along with .HTML

Hi, I need to know how to interact the unix shell script along with a .html. For example, I have a code like: #! /bin/sh exit_err() { print "Content-type: text/html\n" print $1 exit } toolbin/gu -i -r 'm_who(user,group,role,name,addr,phone)' > /tmp/temp.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronix007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking a shell script inside cgi shell script

Hi, I have an HTML form through which I get some text as input. i need to run a shell script say script.sh inside a perl-cgi script named main_cgi.sh on the form input. I want to write the contents of the form in a file and then perform some command line operations like grep, cat on the text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a perl script inside a shell script

Hi all, I have the following snippet of code.. #!/bin/sh echo "run perl script............" #Run the verification script perl bill_ver echo " perl script completed....." echo "rename files......" #Remove from all file in the directories test, test1, test2, test3 for f in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script inside expect script?

I have the code like this : shell script continues ... .... expect -c" spawn telnet $ip expect "login:" send \"$usrname\r\" expect "Password:" send \"$passwd\r\" expect "*\>" send \"$cmdstr\r\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT AND HTML

Hello I'm trying to develop a shell script that executes commands such as cat / etc / fstab uname, etc. ..... which generates me an output file format html own way. Currently the shell script with the commands there, I have some notions of html but the generation of my html file is not clean at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddtseb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script inside shell script not working.

Shell Scipt: temp.sh su - <$username> expect pass.exp Expect script: pass.exp #!/usr/bin/expect -f # Login ####################### expect "Password: " send "<$password>\r" it comes up with Password: but doesnt take password passed throguh file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in using html in Shell script

Hi, I made a script that displays various fileds of report that are required in csv format and send it on mail(the csv file). Now I want to convert the csv format into html table and then send it on mail. Reports_Output.csv Code:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Supriya Singh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)