Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Archiving files using shell script Post 302947324 by Rads on Wednesday 17th of June 2015 09:04:34 AM
Old 06-17-2015
Archiving files using shell script

Dear Team,

I am looking for transferring files to and from the local and remote servers using SFTP commands. Currently the script is using the mget and mput commands to do the copying of the files. While I am trying to move the files from local to remote server, I would also like to archive or save a copy in the local system. Could someone suggest me the suitable commands for the same?
Currently the script is like this:
Code:
---Copy remote files to local file system

echo cd ${FILE_SOURCE_PATH} > ${TMP_SFTP_SCRPT}

echo mget ${FILE_MASK} >> ${TMP_SFTP_SCRPT}

echo rm ${FILE_MASK} >> ${TMP_SFTP_SCRPT}  ## this has to be modified to archive the files to the local system directory and then remove the file##

echo bye >> ${TMP_SFTP_SCRPT}

sftp -oPort=${FILE_SOURCE_PORT} -b ${TMP_SFTP_SCRPT} ${FILE_SOURCE_ACCOUNT} 2>/dev/null 1>&2

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by rbatte1; 06-17-2015 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backing up or Archiving files in UNIX

Hi All, I am very new to the UNIX world and find myself in a new position at work that requires me to archive large CADD files based in both UNIX and Windows environments on CD's. I have one engineer that wants to export these files as a table (I guess) and it appears to have a lot of paper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dsartelle
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving the files

hi all i have a requirement where in i have to zip all the files with "*.bkp" after 14 days and move the zip files to Archive directory .... i am able to achieve the first functionality but not able to achive the second one ...here is my code find ${LOG_DIR} -name "*.bkp" -mtime +14 | xargs -i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving the files

Hi, Suppose I have 2 files of yesterday's. And today I have received 3 files. Before processing anything I want to archieve the 2 files of yesterday's into a different folder. How can this be done? Regards, Sunitha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunitha_edi82
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving and move files in the same time

Hi All, I have tried so many command but none work like i wanted. I would like archive which i assume it will move the files and archive it somewhere. for example: if i have a folder and files: /home/blah/test /home/blah/hello /home/blah/foo/bar i would like to archive folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving the Files in a folder

My requirement is to put all the files from output directory(ATT) to archive directory(archive\) creating a new folder with datetimestamp(20100212_120014) every time it runs. where ${IMF_TARGET_DIR} is my base directory. ${IMF_ARCHIVE_DIR} is my Archive directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while archiving the files

Hi, In our current process we are reading the file, (which is placed by external vendor)from one particular folder and processing those files through ETL(informatica). We are reading these file as " ls -ltr *.txt" Once the process is finish these files are moved to archived script by "mv"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving the files in a .txt file

HI , I have a file abc.txt, which has some .csv files listed. example. abc.txt 1.csv 2.csv 3.csv 4.csv 5.csv I want to move all the files listed in abc.txt to a archive directory,and zip the moved files. Can anyone help me with the script. Thanks,sai (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saii
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for log archiving

I have an nfs mount /logfile/project mounted on several of my application server machines. I have 5 jvms running on each machine and I have several machines. the jvms logs are created and rotated every day so it will look like /jvm1/logs/server.log.2010-10-27 /jvm2/logs/server.log.2010-10-27... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving older files

Hello Group, I would request your help to build a shell script in order to find files older than 90 days then create the same directory structure under the second disk (/archive directory) and move the file preserving the same timestamps (ownership, etc). Also keep the log of files moved... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving the files

hi, Am trying to acrhive a bunch of files on some ftp site and somehow managed to come out with the below logic. I'm getting "syntax error: unexpected end of file" error. Interestingly this below snipeet works fine if run for the first time but the subsequent runs fail! Anybody has any idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amee5
3 Replies
cmcp(1m)																  cmcp(1m)

NAME
cmcp - Copy files between Serviceguard nodes SYNOPSIS
cmcp [-rv] [src_node:]src_file [...] [dest_node:]dest_file DESCRIPTION
cmcp copies files and/or directories between Serviceguard nodes. cmcp is limited in several ways. cmcp is best suited for situations where other remote copy facilities are not available. For a more full featured tool for copying files between Serviceguard nodes, see ccp(1m) provided by Distributed Systems Administration Utilities. To use this command, the local user must have the root access role on each of the involved nodes. For more information on Serviceguard access control policies, see the manual, Managing Serviceguard. Paths may be relative to the current working directory or specified absolutely. The current working directory on a remote node is assumed to be the same as the local node's directory. Copies between two remote hosts are permitted. If a file or directory already exists on the destination node, the destination node's copy will be overwritten with no prompting. The cmcp command is not suited for large files or large numbers of files and may result in a heavy load on the command and Serviceguard daemons. Other tools such as ccp should be considered for these purposes. Options And Arguments -r Recursively copy entire directories. -v Verbose output will be displayed. src_node Serviceguard node to retrieve the file from. Defaults to the local node. src_file Path to source file on src_node. dest_node Serviceguard node to copy file to. Defaults to the local node. dest_file Path to copy src_file to on the dest_node. RETURN VALUE
cmcp returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Copy the local file /etc/hosts to remote node node1 cmcp /etc/hosts node1:/etc/hosts Copy the remote file /etc/passwd on node1 locally cmcp node1:/etc/passwd /tmp/passwd.poe Copy a local script directory to a remote node cmcp -r /etc/cmcluster/scripts node1:/etc/cmcluster AUTHOR
cmcp was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
rcp(1), scp(1), ccp(1m), cmsync(1m), cmexec(1m), cmdo(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmviewcl(1m) Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmcp(1m)