Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display the file name on each line using awk Post 302947273 by RudiC on Wednesday 17th of June 2015 03:06:06 AM
Old 06-17-2015
Try
Code:
{print FILENAME, $0; nextfile}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't figure out how to display specific data from a line using awk.

Hello, I cannot figure this one out. I would like to do the following. I have a line that has 7 words. It is possible that the line can have 20 words too. I always want to show the 9th word and beyond. The 9th word will always change so I do not have something to search for, so I think... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display a particular line from a file

Hi, What is the command i can use iof i want to display a particular line from a file, i have the line number with me. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohini Vijay
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - display from line number to regex

Hi. Is there a way in awk to show all lines between a line number and the next line containing a particular regex? We can do these, of course: awk '/regex1/,/regex2/' filename awk 'FNR > X && FNR < Y' filename But can they be combined? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display 3rd line of a file using cut only

Hello, i want to use new line character in cut command i want to display 3rd line of a file using cut only( not by sed or head -tail command) can anyone suggest me ? Regards (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak Dutt
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & display on one line

awk '/description/ || /instances/ {print;getline;print}' rtprod2.scp This command gives me something like below. description=OpsExec_Clinical instances=0 description=OpsExec_Pharmacy instances=1 description= instances=0 description= instances=0 description= description=OP_MVOR_ORU_OUT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display the line number of file while searching for a pattern

awk 'BEGIN{IGNORECASE=1} /error|warning|exception/ { ++x } END { print x }' filename The above command returning the number of times the pattern present in the file. But I want the the line number as well. please help me out (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display all the matches lines in one line using awk

Please can you let me know how to print all the matching lines from a file in one single line using awk. Thanks I have the following data in the input file data1 voice2 voice1 speech1 data2 data3 ... ... voice4 speech2 data4 and the output should be as follows data1 data2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search first file line after Error and display

I have a log file which contains information like below (more than 200 ERROR sets). Here I want to find first .c file and function after "ERROR: AddressSanitizer" line. If you see here after "ERROR:" line first file - asfrecohandling.c function - ASFPotRecoHandling_Create_RecPaxSrvcComp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pushpabuzz
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)