Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Combine two lists of variables Post 302947213 by Corona688 on Tuesday 16th of June 2015 12:00:33 PM
Old 06-16-2015
The code I gave works when pasted word for word, letter for letter. It definitely has no * in line 6. Show me what you actually did, and I can tell you why it didn't work.

Also, show your actual input and I can show you how to use it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : combine 3 variables into 1

Within one of my awk scripts, I have three variables extracted and calculated on. When done, I simply want to combine the three. The following works, but looks weird. My script reads a field that has text and numbers, knowing the last four comprise MMYY (month and year) # YY are last two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
2 Replies

2. AIX

grep using lists?

I have a file that contain a list of files. How can I use grep to search the files in the list for a specific pattern? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine variables in one

Within one of my scripts, I have variables extracted from parameters list and want to combine some of them in one (lpath). I tried using awk command..... How do I get it? Thank you. #!/bin/bash # ## Read paramlist.txt file='/name1/name2/paramlist.txt' while read line do # key= echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Field Replacement, Assigning Fields to Variables, Lists/Arrays?

Okay, I've made threads on extracting fields and comparing strings in separate files in .csv's. I've written the following code with intentions of learning more. I just want this one question answered: How can I assign fields from a file(comma separated) to variables? My goal is to check... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickeneaterguy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two lists From Multiple Grep commands.

I'm working with a file with an xml structure. I'd like to parse it down to just the bits i want. Here is and example of the file <message id="96352877" method="status"> <date rfc="Sat, 12 Mar 2011 16:13:15 -0600" unix="1299967995" /> <services> <service id="facebook"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erulisseuiin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using foreach with two lists

Hi everybody, I'm trying to use a foreach command with two lists. The file.txt looks like this: var1: 100 200 300 var2: 3 6 9 I'm trying to use a foreach command to associate the two variables together. My script looks like this: #! /bin/tcsh set a=(`cat file.txt | grep 'var1' | cut -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SimonWhite
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the lists

I expert, I may cross post something similar but I dirtyed my quesion somehow to be clear in the thread #cat file1 88dee gcc: Grok for callconvention-hard to enable hard float a2ad2 eglibc: package mtrace separately 61487 python: bump PR of packages after update of distutils.bbclass... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

guide needed to combine 2 variables

readNOW=$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M") read readTerminal #input B terminalc=$readTerminal echo eqpt_list_QC_$terminalcT_$readNOW how to get display result it: eqpt_list_QC_BT_201209121530 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
2 Replies
GJITEN(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GJITEN(1)

NAME
gjiten - Japanese dictionary for Gnome SYNOPSIS
gjiten [ option ] DESCRIPTION
gjiten is a Japanese dictionary for the Gnome Desktop. It also has a kanji dictionary; any combination of stroke number, radicals and search key can be used for kanji lookups. Requires dictionary files in edict format and a working X Input Method (e.g. kinput2) for Japa- nese input. This manpage only explains the command line options. You should be able to access the complete documentation from the Help menu. OPTIONS
-c and -v are convenient for fast lookups via keyboard shortcuts. -k Same as --kanjidic --kanjidic Only show the KanjiDic window on startup. -w WORD Same as --word-lookup=WORD --word-lookup=WORD Look up WORD on startup. -l KANJI Same as --kanji-lookup=KANJI --kanji-lookup=KANJI Look up Kanji on startup in KanjiDic. -c Same as --clip-kanji --clip-kanji Look up kanji from the clipboard. -v Same as --clip-word --clip-word Look up word from the clipboard. --version Prints the version of gjiten BUGS
See the BUGS file for a list of bugs. The TODO file is more likely to contain these. Please contact me if you encounter any bugs. SEE ALSO
xjdic(1) AUTHORS
Botond Botyanszki (boti@rocketmail.com) 20 Jun 2002 GJITEN(1)