Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat The English characters distorted after add a right to left language Post 302946874 by alwaystudent on Saturday 13th of June 2015 06:32:40 AM
Old 06-13-2015
The English characters distorted after add a right to left language

i need for a right to left language support, in red hat EL6 , for repository problem, i never could to use from yum-solution,
when i try from Gnu Desktop:

Desktop --> system --> preference --> keyboard --> layouts --> Add

and Add second language,the second language is ok but i lose English and encounter to unreadable characters,
is there a rpm-solution or config-solution?
thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c language + simple question regarding memory addresses and ASCII characters

Just a simple question (which may seem silly so bear with me) that arose in my mind the other day. Do ASCII characters by themselves (e.g. /n, 0, a) have an actual memory address ? My question arises, because Im aware that each time I create and initalise a pointer like this for example int... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
7 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Display non-english characters in shell

I don't know if this is the correct thread to post. If not tell me please. I have a script to make some queries to a Spanish Dictionay (Real Academia Espaņola) as follows: lynx -dump --nolist "buscon.rae.es/draeI/SrvltGUIBusUsual?TIPO_ HTML=2&LEMA="$1 It works this way: ./rae word ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files not in English language

Hi All, I have some 10,000 files in a directory. Now, some of those files are in English and many are not. They are in other languages like Arabic, Chinese, German, Portuguese, Japanese etc. Is there any way to delete those files that are not in English as I want to only keep English files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Exceed XDMCP Query: Menu displayed is tiny size when logged in with language other than English

Hi All, I'm new for Solaris and exceed both. I tried searching in forum but couldn't locate any similar issue posted so posting the issue. I'm remotely connecting a solaris machine using Exceed XDMCP Query and while login I select Chinese language / locale for login. After login when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshukla08
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return all characters to the left of the last delimeter of each line

Hello, Working on a ksh script and a little stumped... how can I return all characters to the left of the last delimeter per line in a file, skipping any lines without that delimeter? ie, sample.txt: Once_upon-a-Midnight_dreary_while I pondered, weak_and weary over many a quaint and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MoreCowbell
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Right to left language support, in Red Hat EL6

i need for a right to left language support, in red hat EL6 , for repository problem, i never could to use from yum-solution, is there a rpm-solution or config-solution? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwaystudent
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Language Specific Characters in File

Hi Team, I have requirement to replace Language Specific Characters in File. We have set of characters, it should be replaced to a different character in the file. I have around 38 characters which should replaced to different destination character. Please help. Thanks Bharat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath561989
3 Replies

8. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep Linux in english while windows in native language

hi, I want that a language change in windows won't effect Linux language (which should be always English). I had that feature but A Windows update changed it. How can I fix it? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daivon
7 Replies
Hebrew(5)							File Formats Manual							 Hebrew(5)

NAME
Hebrew, hebrew - Introduction to Hebrew language support DESCRIPTION
This reference page describes the codeset, locale, device, and other kinds of support for the Hebrew language. Codesets The operating system supports the following coded character sets (codesets) for Hebrew by means of locales, codeset converters, or both: ISO 8859-8 (ISO Latin/Hebrew) ISO8859-8 is the string that represents this codeset in the names of locales and codeset converters. See iso8859-1(5) for more information. UCS-2, UCS-4, and UTF-8 UCS-2, UCS-4, ucs4, and UTF-8 are the strings that represent these encoding formats in the names of locales and codeset converters. See Unicode(5) for more information. PC code pages cp862 and cp1255 are the strings that represent these encoding formats in the names of codeset converters. See code_page(5) for more information. See the iso8859-8(5) reference page for information on the ISO Latin/Hebrew codeset. See the i18n_intro(5) and l10n_intro(5) reference pages for introductory information on codesets. Locales The operating system provides the following Hebrew locale: he_IL.ISO8859-8, for Israel This locale is also available under the name he_IL.ISO8859-8@ucs4 for use by applications that need to convert file data in ISO8859-8 format to UCS-4 process code for special operations on characters. For backward compatibility, iw_IL.ISO8859-8 is supported as an alias for he_IL.ISO8859-8. You can use the locale command (see locale(1)) to find out which locales are installed on your system. See i18n_intro(5) for information on setting locale from the operating system command line. For the Common Desktop Environment (CDE), you set locale by setting the session language. To do this, use the Language menu accessed from the Options button of the Login window. Keyboards The operating system supports the following VT style and PC style keyboards with Hebrew characters printed on the keys: ---------------------------------------------- VT Style (105/108 keys) PC Style (102 keys) ---------------------------------------------- LK201-LT LK471-AT LK401-LT LK97W-AT LK411-LT PCXAL-KT LK433-LT ---------------------------------------------- For your keyboard to function correctly with your system, you must load a keyboard mapping table (keymap) that is appropriate for your key- board's model and language. If you load a keymap that does not correspond to your keyboard's model and language, your keyboard behavior is unpredictable. The label located on the bottom surface of a keyboard usually specifies its model (five letter code) and language (two let- ter code). See the keyboard(5) reference page for general information on keymaps and instructions for loading them in different formats. The following tables supply Hebrew-specific information that you need when loading keymaps. Selecting keymaps in xkb format: --------------------------------------------------------- For VT Style For PC Style Keyboard: Select: Keyboard: Select: --------------------------------------------------------- LK201-LT lk201 LK471-AT lk471at or lk471 LK401-LT lk401 LK97W-AT lk97wat or lk97w LK411-LT lk411 PCXAL-KT pcxalkt LK433-LT lk433 --------------------------------------------------------- Keyboards can have keys with characters printed on both the left and right half of the keycap. The way you set or use your keyboard to send different sets of characters varies from one keyboard model to another. Furthermore, your keyboard allows you to enter more characters than those printed on the keycaps. Refer to the keyboard(5) reference page for information on how to enter characters. Printers The fonts available for languages supported by the ISO 8859-8 codeset are listed in iso8859-8(5). See i18n_printing(5) for discussion of printer support options. SEE ALSO
Commands: locale(1) Others: code_page(5), i18n_intro(5), i18n_printing(5), iconv_intro(5), iso8859-8(5), keyboard(5), l10n_intro(5), Unicode(5) Writing Software for the International Market Hebrew(5)