Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Logging to SMS after rebooting!! Post 302946584 by blackrageous on Wednesday 10th of June 2015 01:29:20 PM
Old 06-10-2015
Also check the partion properties in the HMC (click on lpar, select properties, select "Settings" tab and insure Boot Mode is "Normal" and "keylock position" is Normal). You can also check boot by booting to firmware and do printenv boot-device.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

soft rebooting

When I do a hard reboot, the system recognizes both the ttya and the ttyb, but when I do a hard reboot, it only doesn't recognize the ttyb. Is there a way I can fix this??? Thanks!:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattie_h
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems when rebooting the system

Hi ! I am working on a server. We have ABAQUS installed on it. I added a compiler to .env file and added usr/local...../IMSL/... to the path. Then i restarted the computer and I get this error: when I am doing interactive option (Red hat Lunix OS) Start service local Yes/no/Continue? no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server rebooting frequently

O/P of the uname -a Server Server 4.0 3.0 3516 Pentium IV(TM)-ISA/PCI Server is getting rebooted frequetly... I don't know what is the problem in server ... Any help why the server is getting rebooted frequetly. Can i check what is the problem like in log files (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
5 Replies

4. AIX

hmc not rebooting

Anyone faced this? I rebooted the HMC through command line after patch installation (hmcshutdown -t now -r) The strange thing happened was the hmc never rebooted, I was not able to connect it through graphical view or through ssh, but the session through which i issued the command was still... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

5. AIX

rebooting vio client

Hi, I would like to reboot vio client but I am not able to access vio client(I am not able to get putty) , I am able to get putty of vio server, is there any command by using which from vio server I can reboot vio client? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Solrais in vmware rebooting

Hello All, Solaris 10 which installed in Vmware workstation rebooting automatically and throwing the following error. Looks kernel thread issue, Need experts advice. Error: Warning: rpcmod:svc_default_stksize is set more than once in /etc/system/. "set rpcmod:svc_default_stksize =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
0 Replies

8. AIX

rebooting HMC

Hi, I would like to know wheather rebooting HMC will impact on Management Systems or Lpar inside it is showing? or I have to shutdown LPAR then only reboot HMC. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Rebooting a career

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this. I used to have a job supporting several custom applications that ran on Unix platforms. I used shell scripting, sed, awk, and SQL, but all on a pretty basic level. I also performed non-technical tasks like helping with project management,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: intranslation
4 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
pdc(1M) 																   pdc(1M)

NAME
pdc - processor-dependent code (firmware) DESCRIPTION
is the firmware that implements all processor-dependent functionality, including initialization and self-test of the processor. Upon com- pletion, it loads and transfers control to the initial system loader (isl(1M)). Firmware behavior varies somewhat, depending on the hard- ware as described below. To load from an external medium, must know the particular device on which resides. Typically the device is identified by the Primary Boot Path that is maintained by in Stable Storage. A path specification is an I/O subsystem mnemonic that varies according to hardware model. When the processor is reset after initialization and self-test complete, reads the Console Path from Stable Storage, and attempts to ini- tialize the console device. If the initialization fails, attempts to find and initialize a console device. Algorithms used to find a con- sole device are model-dependent. then announces the Primary Boot, Alternate Boot, and Console Paths. If (see isl(1M)) is enabled, provides a 10-second delay, during which time the operator can override the sequence by typing any character on the console. If the operator does not interrupt this process, initializes and reads from the Primary Boot Path. On models that support autosearch, if this path is not valid and (see isl(1M)) is enabled, then searches to find a bootable medium. If allowed to complete, a list of potentially bootable devices is displayed, labeled with abbreviated path identifiers (P0, P1, etc). A simple menu is then displayed where the user can: o Boot a specific device, using the abbreviated path identifier, or the full mnemonic. o Start a device search where the contents are searched for IPL images (note the first search only identified devices and did not check the contents). o Enter the boot administration level. o Exit the menu and return to autobooting o Get help on choices If the sequence is unsuccessful, overridden by the operator, or not enabled in the first place, interactively prompts the operator for the Boot Path to use. Any required path components that are not supplied default to zero. The Primary Boot, Alternate Boot, and Console Paths as well as and enable can be modified via SEE ALSO
boot(1M), isl(1M). PA-RISC Systems Only pdc(1M)