Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding null column value using array Post 302946391 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 9th of June 2015 01:53:55 AM
Old 06-09-2015
You are aware that there is a huge difference between a space and an empty string, aren't you?

What shell are you using?
What operating system are you using?
Show us how myarray is set.
Show us what output you get when you run your script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding null records in data file

I am having a "|" delimited flat file and I have to pick up all the records with the 2nd field having null value. Please suggest. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check Null values in a file column by column if columns are Not NULLs

Hi All, I have a table with 10 columns. Some columns(2nd,4th,5th,7th,8th and 10th) are Not Null columns. I'll get a tab-delimited file and want to check col by col and generate seperate error code for each col eg:102 if 2nd col value is NULL and 104 if 4th col value is NULL so on... I am a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find null column

Hi, everyone I have a requirement as following: source file 1, abc, def, caaa 2, , cde, aaa 3, bcd, , adefefg I need find columns which contains null value, in above example, I need get two rows 2, , cde, aaa 3, bcd, , adefefg anybody has idea how to achive this ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove null in certain column

Hi, gurus, I need remove lines in a file which contains null value in certain column eg. 123, ,abc,def,cde 234,abc,cde,def 456,cde, ,bcd in this file I need remove lines which second column contains null. expected result: 234,abc,cde,def 456,cde, ,bcd :wall: Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

5. Programming

Checking an array for NULL in C++

Hello All, I have this question that how to check for an array for NULL? For eg. #include<iostream.h> using namespace std; int main() { char arr; if(arr == NULL) { cout<<"NULL"; } } Thanks a lott in advance!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

working with null elements in an array

i have an array (with each element length "n") which is dynamic and has alphanumeric characters. i want to check if any of the elements of the array are null and replace it with a string of "n" zeros for that element. can you suggest me a code for the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mumbaiguy07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find null column?

hi Gurus, I need find the null column in a file. my file like below abc, ,cde,def abc,ded,cdd,def abc, ,ddd,ccd aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd basic, I need to find the lines which second column is null Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX scripting for finding duplicates and null records in pk columns

Hi, I have a requirement.for eg: i have a text file with pipe symbol as delimiter(|) with 4 columns a,b,c,d. Here a and b are primary key columns.. i want to process that file to find the duplicates and null values are in primary key columns(a,b) . I want to write the unique records in which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenraj.1991
5 Replies

9. Linux

Issue in inserting null string in array

I am getting some values from a file and putting them in an array..but the null strings are not getting passed to the array. So during printing the elements ,the null string is not showing in the output. during array size calculation it is also excluding null.Please let me know how to do it. # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide the value of the column if not NULL.

File 1 --------- N_ACCT,CARD_TYPE,CARD_BAL,CUST_CODE --------------------------------------------------- 0301,38,0.00,10 0319,38,54422.92,10 0392,38,0.00,10 0418,38,35254.87,10 0442,38,0.00,10 0491,38,0.00,10 0558,38,45988.76,10 0616,38,0.00,10 0665,38,0.00,10 0699,38,0.00,10 File 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
3 Replies
SLATBS(l)								 )								 SLATBS(l)

NAME
SLATBS - solve one of the triangular systems A *x = s*b or A'*x = s*b with scaling to prevent overflow, where A is an upper or lower tri- angular band matrix SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SLATBS( UPLO, TRANS, DIAG, NORMIN, N, KD, AB, LDAB, X, SCALE, CNORM, INFO ) CHARACTER DIAG, NORMIN, TRANS, UPLO INTEGER INFO, KD, LDAB, N REAL SCALE REAL AB( LDAB, * ), CNORM( * ), X( * ) PURPOSE
SLATBS solves one of the triangular systems A *x = s*b or A'*x = s*b with scaling to prevent overflow, where A is an upper or lower trian- gular band matrix. Here A' denotes the transpose of A, x and b are n-element vectors, and s is a scaling factor, usually less than or equal to 1, chosen so that the components of x will be less than the overflow threshold. If the unscaled problem will not cause overflow, the Level 2 BLAS routine STBSV is called. If the matrix A is singular (A(j,j) = 0 for some j), then s is set to 0 and a non-trivial solution to A*x = 0 is returned. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether the matrix A is upper or lower triangular. = 'U': Upper triangular = 'L': Lower triangular TRANS (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies the operation applied to A. = 'N': Solve A * x = s*b (No transpose) = 'T': Solve A'* x = s*b (Transpose) = 'C': Solve A'* x = s*b (Conjugate transpose = Transpose) DIAG (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether or not the matrix A is unit triangular. = 'N': Non-unit triangular = 'U': Unit triangular NORMIN (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether CNORM has been set or not. = 'Y': CNORM contains the column norms on entry = 'N': CNORM is not set on entry. On exit, the norms will be computed and stored in CNORM. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. KD (input) INTEGER The number of subdiagonals or superdiagonals in the triangular matrix A. KD >= 0. AB (input) REAL array, dimension (LDAB,N) The upper or lower triangular band matrix A, stored in the first KD+1 rows of the array. The j-th column of A is stored in the j-th column of the array AB as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AB(kd+1+i-j,j) = A(i,j) for max(1,j-kd)<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AB(1+i-j,j) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=min(n,j+kd). LDAB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array AB. LDAB >= KD+1. X (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, the right hand side b of the triangular system. On exit, X is overwritten by the solution vector x. SCALE (output) REAL The scaling factor s for the triangular system A * x = s*b or A'* x = s*b. If SCALE = 0, the matrix A is singular or badly scaled, and the vector x is an exact or approximate solution to A*x = 0. CNORM (input or output) REAL array, dimension (N) If NORMIN = 'Y', CNORM is an input argument and CNORM(j) contains the norm of the off-diagonal part of the j-th column of A. If TRANS = 'N', CNORM(j) must be greater than or equal to the infinity-norm, and if TRANS = 'T' or 'C', CNORM(j) must be greater than or equal to the 1-norm. If NORMIN = 'N', CNORM is an output argument and CNORM(j) returns the 1-norm of the offdiagonal part of the j-th column of A. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -k, the k-th argument had an illegal value FURTHER DETAILS
A rough bound on x is computed; if that is less than overflow, STBSV is called, otherwise, specific code is used which checks for possible overflow or divide-by-zero at every operation. A columnwise scheme is used for solving A*x = b. The basic algorithm if A is lower triangular is x[1:n] := b[1:n] for j = 1, ..., n x(j) := x(j) / A(j,j) x[j+1:n] := x[j+1:n] - x(j) * A[j+1:n,j] end Define bounds on the components of x after j iterations of the loop: M(j) = bound on x[1:j] G(j) = bound on x[j+1:n] Initially, let M(0) = 0 and G(0) = max{x(i), i=1,...,n}. Then for iteration j+1 we have M(j+1) <= G(j) / | A(j+1,j+1) | G(j+1) <= G(j) + M(j+1) * | A[j+2:n,j+1] | <= G(j) ( 1 + CNORM(j+1) / | A(j+1,j+1) | ) where CNORM(j+1) is greater than or equal to the infinity-norm of column j+1 of A, not counting the diagonal. Hence G(j) <= G(0) product ( 1 + CNORM(i) / | A(i,i) | ) 1<=i<=j and |x(j)| <= ( G(0) / |A(j,j)| ) product ( 1 + CNORM(i) / |A(i,i)| ) 1<=i< j Since |x(j)| <= M(j), we use the Level 2 BLAS routine STBSV if the reciprocal of the largest M(j), j=1,..,n, is larger than max(underflow, 1/overflow). The bound on x(j) is also used to determine when a step in the columnwise method can be performed without fear of overflow. If the com- puted bound is greater than a large constant, x is scaled to prevent overflow, but if the bound overflows, x is set to 0, x(j) to 1, and scale to 0, and a non-trivial solution to A*x = 0 is found. Similarly, a row-wise scheme is used to solve A'*x = b. The basic algorithm for A upper triangular is for j = 1, ..., n x(j) := ( b(j) - A[1:j-1,j]' * x[1:j-1] ) / A(j,j) end We simultaneously compute two bounds G(j) = bound on ( b(i) - A[1:i-1,i]' * x[1:i-1] ), 1<=i<=j M(j) = bound on x(i), 1<=i<=j The initial values are G(0) = 0, M(0) = max{b(i), i=1,..,n}, and we add the constraint G(j) >= G(j-1) and M(j) >= M(j-1) for j >= 1. Then the bound on x(j) is M(j) <= M(j-1) * ( 1 + CNORM(j) ) / | A(j,j) | <= M(0) * product ( ( 1 + CNORM(i) ) / |A(i,i)| ) 1<=i<=j and we can safely call STBSV if 1/M(n) and 1/G(n) are both greater than max(underflow, 1/overflow). LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SLATBS(l)