Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remote script over ssh execution issues. Post 302945931 by bakunin on Thursday 4th of June 2015 08:46:02 PM
Old 06-04-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchinnam
Code:
sudo ssh $server "bash -s" << EOF
echo "server=$server"
ps -ef | grep rotate | grep 'config' | awk '{print $8" "$10}'
EOF

I suppose the here-document goes to the "sudo"-command, not the "ssh"-command.

Anyways, the command as you wrote it must be wrong (or, to be precise, overly complicated). Whenever a "grep" is piped into another "grep" and/or "awk" then something is to be done:

Code:
ps -ef | 'awk '/rotate/ { /config/ {print $8" "$10}}'

should do the same.

Btw. i suppose the "sudo" is there for the wrong purpose, because i doubt that only "root" is allowed to do a "ssh". You probably want to connect as "root", which you can achieve in two ways:

Code:
ssh root@"$server" .....
ssh -l root $server ...

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using ssh from crontab to run remote script from

I have a solaris9 x86 server using ssh as follows: SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. The remote server solaris9 sparc has exactly the same version ssh installed. I am running a script on my server which includes the following command to run a script on the remote server:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with remote execution of script using telnet

Hi all, i am trying to remotely execute a script from a different server. this is the code that i use : #!bin/sh pwd (sleep 1 echo "username" sleep 2 echo "pwd" sleep 2 echo "cd /path/to/file" if then echo "script1.sh" echo "mailx -s "Task Executed"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh can't back from remote host during script execution

Hi all I wrote a script to execute a script on several remote hosts, but somehow during the execution of the local script, ssh can't come back from the remote host, so that causes my local script hanging... I use the below command to do the job in the local script, any idea? ssh... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzylg
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with remote execution of a script

does anyone know how can i execute a script which i locally run as " . /etc/local/host/src.srvr -D ." need to execute above command in rexec command. if i put the command as it is it does not run. Sorry but i am naive in scripting. Thanks rexec sgplqim -l vau -n ' ' (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NK4U
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Log remote execution over SSH

If a user execute commands remotely over ssh : $ ssh USERNAME@SERVER COMMANDSHow the SERVER administrator can log those COMMANDS executed in a "not a tty" session ? I searched for my question and get the following suggestions:Anybody give help how to do this ? what the content of "/bin/bash "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new0h
1 Replies

6. Programming

Perl script remote execution as another user

Hi gurus, I have a requirement where I need to remotely run a perl script as another user. Running the script locally as the required user is fine, however I need to su with the script due to filesystem permission issues. I do not want to update permissions on the remote server due to security... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: melias
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Remote ssh execution and .profile issues

Greetings, i'm currently having issues in successfully executing a script from one server to other, and i'm cracking my nut in understanding why. Let's get started with the default info: Server A: briozzo@A:/home/briozzo $ uname -a HP-UX A B.11.31 U ia64 2787251109 unlimited-user license ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbriozzo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

output from remote server during execution of a script

How to see the output from remote server during execution of a script ? I am executing a script (ls) from machine 1 but the o/p should be displayed in machine 2. Can I achieve this ? Example:- Machine 1:- # ls Machine 2:- (console) file1 file2 file 3 dir1 dir2 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script execution issues

Hi, There's a shell script by name "download", which has been created as user "mgr" and that script needs to executed as user "dev". I tried giving privileges 701 on the script download. But it's throwing the error message bin]$ ./download /bin/bash: ./download: Permission denied ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting the Remote server after script execution

Hi All , I'm running a script abc.sh in server "host1" shown as below : #! /bin/bash sh stop.sh ssh user@$host2 "/home/user/prod_work/xyz.sh; sh start.sh The problem I am facing is , the control is not passed to host1 after executing the script "xyz.sh" in host2 . ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
12 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_virsh - Fence agent for virsh DESCRIPTION
fence_virsh is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the virtual machines managed by libvirt. It logs via ssh to a dom0 and there run virsh command, which does all work. By default, virsh needs root account to do properly work. So you must allow ssh login in your sshd_config. fence_virsh accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_virsh can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://libvirt.org PARAMETERS
-a, --ip=[ip] IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=[name] Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=[password] Login password or passphrase -c, --command-prompt=[prompt] Force Python regex for command prompt (Default Value: ['[EXPECT]# ']) -x, --ssh SSH connection (Default Value: 1) -n, --plug=[id] Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. -u, --ipport=[port] TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 22) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -S, --password-script=[script] Script to retrieve password -k, --identity-file=[filename] Identity file for ssh --ssh-options=[options] SSH options to use (Default Value: -t '/bin/bash -c "PS1=# /bin/bash --noprofile --norc"') -o, --action=[action] Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=[debugfile] Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=[char] Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout=[seconds] Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait=[seconds] Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay=[seconds] Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on=[attempts] Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) --use-sudo Use sudo (without password) when calling 3rd party sotfware. ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check the health of fence device metadata Display the XML metadata describing this resource. STDIN PARAMETERS
ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase cmd_prompt Force Python regex for command prompt (Default Value: ['[EXPECT]# ']) secure SSH connection (Default Value: 1) port Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. ipport TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 22) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only passwd_script Script to retrieve password identity_file Identity file for ssh ssh_options SSH options to use (Default Value: -t '/bin/bash -c "PS1=# /bin/bash --noprofile --norc"') action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) sudo Use sudo (without password) when calling 3rd party sotfware. fence_virsh (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)