Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting data from rsync log Post 302945822 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 3rd of June 2015 11:02:46 AM
Old 06-03-2015
Please give us a sample input and expected output. What have you already tried?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data from files..

frnds, I m having prob woth doing some 2-3 task simultaneously... what I want is... I have lots ( lacs ) of files in a dir... I want.. these info from arround 2-3 months files filename convention is - abc20080403sdas.xyz ( for todays files ) I want 1. total no of files for 1 dec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting Data Using SED

Given the following text in a file named extract.txt: listenPort:=25 smtpDestination:=2 enableSSL:= I am trying to extract only the value 2 following smtpDestination:= Someone had suggested I use: sed -e "s/^smtpDestination:=\(.*\)$/\1/" extract.txt but this returns: listenPort:=25 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync data corruption

Dear Peoples I am using the following command to transfer the files inbetween two servers, i am using this command in a crontab for doing it in every 1 hour on all days. rsync --stats --archive --verbose --compress --force --rsh=ssh --exclude-from=/root/cfg/mkt_scn.exclude... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thameema
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from a log file with date formats

Hello, I have a log file for the year, which contains lines starting with the data in the format of YYYY-MM-DD. I need to get all the lines that contain the DD being 04, how would I do this? I tried using grep "*-*04" but it didn't work. Any quick one liners I should know about? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpickering
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data

I have a txt file of the following format >ab_ qwerty >rt_ hfjkil >Ty2 hglashglkasghkf; >P2 aklhfklflkkgfgkfl >ui_ vnllkdskkkffkfkkf >we32 vksksjksj;lslsf'sk's's .... ..... I want to split this big file based on the header (>) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the last 10mins worth of data in a log file

Hi all, Hope someone here will be able to help me. Our system has some scripts that are run from a cron job every ten mins and is used to see how many error there are in that time frame. Problem is that in the scripts grep is used to find the data, but as the day goes on these log file grow to a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goldengreen
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Delimiter 'TAG' Data From log files

Hi I am trying to extract data from within a log file and output format to a new file for further manipulation can someone provide script to do this? For example I have a file as below and just want to extract all delimited variances of tag 32=* up to the delimiter "|" and output to a new file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddyluv
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tail over rsync data

Hi, I have written a shell script (that will be called in every 5 seconds) that used rsync to copy logs of our production server from server A(production) to server B (Dev), because we don't allow team members to hit server A. The shell script is working fine. But we are facing a problem that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rish_max
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while extracting data from log file

I am running awk command to extract data from log file to calculate last 15 minutes log using below command and now i am getting bellow error: awk '$0>=$from' from=$(`date -u +"####<%d-%b-%Y %H:%M:%S o'clock GMT>"-15min`) test.log Error: date: 0551-402 Invalid character in date/time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oberoi1403
8 Replies
netris-sample-robot(6)						Netris Sample Robot					    netris-sample-robot(6)

NAME
netris-sample-robot - sample robot for netris SYNOPSIS
netris-sample-robot [-l] DESCRIPTION
The netris-sample-robot is a sample implementation of the robot protocol. It plays quite well but isn't too hard to beat. The robot should be started from netris with the option -r to connect or wait for another player to join. You can also let two robots play against each other in that way, if you like. OPTIONS
-l Writes some log information into the file log in the current working directory. If it can't it bails out. EXAMPLES
To start the netris-sample-robot waiting for another connection with logfile use the following line: netris -w -r 'netris-sample-robot -l' You then just have to start netris somewhere else which connects to that robot. SEE ALSO
netris(6) BUGS
One known bug of the netris-sample-robot is that it hangs quite often. This was already filed as a bugreport against the package so please refrain from doing so again. If you have an idea why this happens or know a solution how to fix it feel free to mail us. AUTHORS
Netris was written by Mark H. Weaver <mhw@netris.org>. This manual page was written by Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 0.5 16 Feb 2002 netris-sample-robot(6)