Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Different output based on run method Post 302945683 by crowman on Monday 1st of June 2015 01:38:51 PM
Old 06-01-2015
Thanks Sea,

I've used
Code:
.scr

short for script regardless of the shell. Non programming people run these things sometimes and I've tried to simplify it for them. I'm not actually writing to root, I removed path names I didn't want to post. I guess I'll leave it a mystery what it acts differently run line by line compared to the whole thing. I'll try what you provided.

Thanks again Sea!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Not able to execute the method based on OS in JAVA

Hi, In my application,I want to find out the OS name and based on OS I want to do some specific operations.So I write some code based on it in JAVA but I am able to get the OS name but Not able to use the method specific to OS.I write a simple code to check it and found that it is not going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting line output to column based output

Hi Guys, I am trying to convert a file which has a row based output to a column based output. My original file looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 1 2 3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
8 Replies

3. Programming

infinite loop, synchronizing gossip-based method

the following code runs, but it hangs somewhere, i don't know why, #include<iostream> #include<vector> #include<cstdlib> #include<ctime> #include<list> #include<pthread.h> #include<cstring> using namespace std; pthread_mutex_t listlock = PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read 2 lines from File, Run Command based off output

Okay, so I have a file containing line after line of three digit numbers. I need a script that does an action based on the last two numbers in this list. So.... To get the last two numbers, I can have the script do tail -2 filename.txt But where I run into trouble is as follows. If... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who -u gives different output if run from cron than if run from terminal?

If I run 'who -u' interactively or from a script invoked through bash in a tty on my Ubuntu 12LTS box I get an output like this: testuser pts/0 Dec 9 02:32 . 2163 (host.xx.yy) running the same through cron I get: testuser pts/0 2012-12-09 02:32 00:05 2163... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: latimer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run this grep every 10 minutes and do something based on the output

OS : Red Hat Linux 6.4 Shell : Bash We have a file called status.txt which will have only 1 line. The content will be the string "Processing" for most of the day. # cat status.txt Processing #I want to write a shell script (notify.sh) which will be executing a grep every 10 minutes . ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Method to run a shell script using shortcut key in keyboard with out logging to putty

Dear All, I want to run a shell script with out logging to putty but configuring it to a keyboard short cut it windows PC. Can this be done? I want this to rename a log in a specified folder in a system Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chi_SL
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run the script based on dates

I am having below script which needs to be executed based on start and end date #!/bin/bash array=('2016-09-27' '2016-10-27' '2016-11-27' '2016-12-27' '2017-01-27' '2017-02-27' '2017-03-27' '2017-04-27' '2017-05-27' '2017-06-27' '2017-07-27' '2017-08-27' '2017-09-27' ) for i in "${array}" do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error?

If run the below code today its creating all directory and getting output files,I f run same code tomorrow I am getting error. can any one give suggestion to sortout this error. OSError: no such file or directory : '062518'My code looks like this import paramiko import sys import os ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: haribabu2229
8 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)