Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hundreds of files need manual preparation. Does shell script could do it automatically? Post 302945649 by gandolf989 on Monday 1st of June 2015 09:34:04 AM
Old 06-01-2015
This might be the long way of getting it done. But it seems to work.
You can put it into a for loop if you need to process each value.

Code:
cat feco4_s.log.txt | grep -v '[A-Z]' | grep -v '[a-z]' | grep '[0-9]\.[0-9]'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automatically check ports in shell?

Good day, I'm new to linux environment...Is there any scripts available for me to check ports (lets say port 80 and 21) through shell with just a single commandline? Any response is very much appreciated.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsonist
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script automatically

hi , i m trying to run bash scrip automaticially but i dont know how i can do this an anybody tell me how i can autorun shell script when i logon . thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to invoke options automatically

i have a script which has 2 options. a b And a has 6 sub options. i want to write a script which will call the parent script and give options automatically. examle: linasplg11:/opt/ss/kk/01.00/bin # startup.sh /opt/ss/rdm/01.00 Please select the component to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically format Shell Script (bash)

Hi In TOAD I can write SQL code, then select the SQL code -> Menu Edit -> Format Code The output is well formatted code (correct indent, ...) Is there a tool (for Windows and/or UNIX) what can do the same for bash code? TOAD (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to automatically download files

I am new to shell scripting and need to write a program to copy files that are posted as links on a specific url. I want all the links copied with the same file name and the one posted on the webpage containing the url onto a specific directory. That is the first part. The second part of the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Renaming hundreds of files at the same time

Hi, I am having issues trying to figure out how to rename files like this: TEST1_B.tt To SQP_CAN_B.tt I have hundreds of files like those, I need to rename them automatically. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to connect to hundreds of nodes and grep log files

Hi, What will be the best way to connect (ssh) to hundreds of nodes and grep log files parallely from shell. Using for loop seems to be sequential. Are there any shell built in construct which could be used to achieve this? Is the sub shell any good here? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agent001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add code to hundreds of .html files

Need assistance to add code to hundreds of .html Code will look like below and needs to be added below <html> tag: <script> Some .js code here </script> This will be used in Fedora release 7 (Moonshine). I will appreciate any type of help and/or orientation. Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
4 Replies
UNBUFFER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       UNBUFFER(1)

NAME
unbuffer - unbuffer output SYNOPSIS
unbuffer program [ args ] INTRODUCTION
unbuffer disables the output buffering that occurs when program output is redirected from non-interactive programs. For example, suppose you are watching the output from a fifo by running it through od and then more. od -c /tmp/fifo | more You will not see anything until a full page of output has been produced. You can disable this automatic buffering as follows: unbuffer od -c /tmp/fifo | more Normally, unbuffer does not read from stdin. This simplifies use of unbuffer in some situations. To use unbuffer in a pipeline, use the -p flag. Example: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 CAVEATS
unbuffer -p may appear to work incorrectly if a process feeding input to unbuffer exits. Consider: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 If process1 exits, process2 may not yet have finished. It is impossible for unbuffer to know long to wait for process2 and process2 may not ever finish, for example, if it is a filter. For expediency, unbuffer simply exits when it encounters an EOF from either its input or process2. In order to have a version of unbuffer that worked in all situations, an oracle would be necessary. If you want an application-specific solution, workarounds or hand-coded Expect may be more suitable. For example, the following example shows how to allow grep to finish pro- cessing when the cat before it finishes first. Using cat to feed grep would never require unbuffer in real life. It is merely a place- holder for some imaginary process that may or may not finish. Similarly, the final cat at the end of the pipeline is also a placeholder for another process. $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | unbuffer grep abc | cat $ (cat /tmp/abcdef.log ; sleep 1) | unbuffer grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ BUGS
The man page is longer than the program. SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 1 June 1994 UNBUFFER(1)