Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPT test exam compiling code
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPT test exam compiling code Post 302945157 by crustymonkey on Tuesday 26th of May 2015 04:57:05 PM
Old 05-26-2015
CPT test exam compiling code

Hello all
I am new to programming and trying to compile this code

Code:
#include <asm/unistd.h>
#include <sys/mman.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <errno.h>

#define MREMAP_MAYMOVE 1
#define MREMAP_FIXED 2

#define __NR_real_mremap __NR_mremap

static inline _syscall5( void *, real_mremap, void *, old_address,
size_t, old_size, size_t, new_size,
unsigned long, flags, void *, new_address );

int main( void )
{
void *base;

base = mmap( NULL, 8192, PROT_READ | PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE | MAP_ANONYMOUS, 0, 0 );

real_mremap( base, 0, 0, MREMAP_MAYMOVE | MREMAP_FIXED,
(void *) 0xC0000000 );

fork();

return( 0 );
}

This is for a practice exam for the CPT (Certified Penetration Tester). I am not sure about resolving the errors.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error message of compiling a C code

Hi, Recently I have a C Code and i compile on my pc with gcc -D _t_1 -o a.out test.c It works fine for me on my pc. However, upon transferring the same code on Sun Solaris server, it breaks with the below message:- Undefined first referenced symbol ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling Code

Hi i am new to programming im having a bit of a problem i have installed kubuntu on my computer and i have wrote some code but when i go to compile it i get this error in the terminal ross@ubuntu:~/cp1$ g++ -ansi -pedantic array.cpp -o array ross@ubuntu:~/cp1$ array The program 'array' is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RossMc
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX CSA Certif Test exam

Hi All, i will pass the CSA exam next month. i'm looking for examples. thanks and best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: argaaz
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Problem compiling C++ Code in Cygwin

Hello everyone. I just recently installed Cygwin and I am running it under Windows 7. My problem is that I cannot seem to compile any C++ code with g++. I've tried to compile C Code using gcc and that works just fine. But Whenever I try to compile some C++ code, g++ throws a whole bunch of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anlex
6 Replies

5. Programming

Compiling and running Python code

Hey there, First post here in the Unix forums, but I have used them a lot for research over the last year. Anyways, to why I'm here now: I'm working on a project and I'll be using the AIS Parser SDK by Brian C. Lane (can't post the link, but google that and the first 8 links will be relevant) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmd006
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

decryption of .cpt file in unix

can some one help me how to decrypt a .txt.cpt file in unix i Double post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

decryption of .cpt file

Hi i have the path for encrytion file in unix and i want to decrypt the .cpt file in unix and change the password how can i do that . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily
3 Replies

8. Programming

Problems compiling code

I am trying to compile some code and getting lot of errors g++ -traditional -Wno-non-template-friend -Wno-deprecated -O3 -DNDEBUG -DREAL=float -DGetREAL=Getfloat -IbaseLib -Itommy -Iothers ./source/main/RayTrac.cc -o raytrac ./source/main/RayTrac.cc:36:20: error: gendef.h: No such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shc : trying to test functionality "test" compiling but can not execute

I am testing shc to see if it would help with my need. Im at a point where Im trying to compile and test the "test.ksh" file that comes in the tar ball : shc-3.8.9> shc -v -r -f test.ksh shc shll=ksh shc =-c shc =exec '%s' "$@" shc = shc opts= shc: cc test.ksh.x.c -o test.ksh.x... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling source code issue

Need assistance in compile a source code with PERL flags Compile source code CDFconvert-2.2.3 which requires Fortran 90,Perl interpreter , Perl/TK module , NetCDF library , Gempak I have all the above required libraries . Issue is when compiling the source code it looks for local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)