Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Cisco UC Unattended installation Post 302945043 by linuxn00b1 on Monday 25th of May 2015 06:19:13 PM
Old 05-25-2015
I'm already using an Answer File Generator from Cisco. Unfortunately, what they claim touchless install is not. User has to manually answer two prompts - media check and proceed with install. I managed to bypass the media check but not the second one.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unattended ftp to Solaris

I have a Red Hat 9 server which I am attempting to ftp a file to a Solaris 8 server using a shell script to perform an unattended ftp. I have the following script setup to run: #!/bin/sh # cd /tmp ftp -v 192.20.20.5 << EOF 2>&1 cd /tmp put gatherstats bye EOF I created the .netrc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts unattended

Hi guys just wondering how i could make one of my scripts run unattended without the use of cron? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unattended disk image deployment?

Hi I need a system that allows a PC to PXE boot and then fully unattended deploy a diskimage created from a Linux system with identical hardware and then reboot when finished. I have been looking around but have not found a tool that is capable of doing this without too many bells and whistles,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smith0083
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

cisco anyconnect VPN client installation??

Anyone had installed Cisco AnyConnect VPN client on RedHat5.3 EL or CentOS 5.3? I tried on CentOS 5.3 but always getting host unreachable error. Same for windows xp works fine. The error log reports: Sep 1 19:14:03 localhost vpnagent: Function: tableCallbackHandler File: RouteMgr.cpp Line:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X?

Is there an easy way to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X switches? If you have no idea, follow this: 1. Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image. 2. In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

6. AIX

Unattended installation of AIX 7.2

While doing an unattended installation of AIX 7.2 -- 002 I noticed this error when I was passing by the screen Filesets processed: 428 of 761 System Installation Time: 1 hr 12 mins Tasks Complete: 60% installp: APPLYING software for: Java5.sdk 5.0.0.620 Restoring... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)