Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying Column header in shell script Post 302944812 by rbatte1 on Friday 22nd of May 2015 07:31:31 AM
Old 05-22-2015
Can I suggest something first? Either move the credentials to the next line like this:-
Code:
sqlplus -s <<EOF
${DB_LOGIN}/${DB_PASSWD}
SET FEED......

.... or remove the need altogether by creating an account that validates against the OS user (for a local database)
Code:
CREATE USER OPS$FRED IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY ..........

... and you can then:-
Code:
sqlplus -s / <<EOF
SET FEEDBACK ......

If you don't, then your credentials will be available to anyone running a simple ps command.

Your described problem might actually be the fact that you are both setting feedback off and running with the -s flag for the sqlplus command that means you don't get the column headings. Another thing you might need to set could be the PAGESIZE value to ensure that you only get the headings once, rather than every 10, 30 or 60 rows or whatever your default PAGESIZE is. The maximum I can set is 50000, where zero, one or two turns them off.

I can't quite get the same output issue as you though. I'm using Oracle 11 on RHEL.

Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script displaying Directories

I am new to shell programming and have an assignment question which requires me to list the contents of the present working directory in 4 column format and highlight any subdirectories. It then requires me to develop the shell script to accept a directory name as a positional parameter (if no... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjnd1988
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying uppercase in shell script

Hi, The user value y/n should get display in upper case printf "$FBOLD\nDo you want to continue?: $FREG" Do you want to continue?: y Though user enters in smaller case y, but it should get display in uppercase Y How it can be done ? With Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a header column by adding another column entry to the header column name URGENT!!

Hi All, I have a file example.csv which looks like this GrpID,TargetID,Signal,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256 CSCH74_1_1,212007,647,679 CSCH74_1_1,12007,3,32 CSCH74_1_1,207,299,777 I want the output as GrpID,TragetID,Signal-CSCH74_1_1,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vavad
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename a header column by adding another column entry to the header column name

Hi All, I have a file example.csv which looks like this GrpID,TargetID,Signal,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256 CSCH74_1_1,212007,647,679 CSCH74_1_1,12007,3,32 CSCH74_1_1,207,299,777 I want the output as GrpID,TragetID,Signal-CSCH74_1_1,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vavad
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append column and row header to a file in awk script.

Hi! Is there a way to append column and row header to a file in awk script. For example if I have Jane F 39 manager Carlos M 40 system administrator Sam F 20 programmer and I want it to be # name gend age occup 1 Jane F 39 manager 2 Carlos M ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command combination for displaying header and content

Hi everyone, I have UNIX this semester and I am just getting started with the commands. An interesting question came up while discussing the head and tail commands. Suppose that I have text file with the following data in the following format-: NAME ROLL MARKS Sam 05 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Command combination for displaying header and content

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: You are given a ANSI text file (a.txt) in the following format and with the following contents-: NAME ROLL... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of a column as new column based on header in a script

Hello, I am trying to store sum of a column as a new column inside a file but have to find the column names dynamically I/p c1,c2,c3,c4,c5 10,20,30,40,50 20,30,40,50,60 If i want to find sum only column c1, c3 and output it as c6,c7 O/p c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6,c7 10,20,30,40,50,30,70... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkathi
6 Replies
RTBL(3) 						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						   RTBL(3)

NAME
rtbl_create, rtbl_destroy, rtbl_set_flags, rtbl_get_flags, rtbl_set_prefix, rtbl_set_separator, rtbl_set_column_prefix, rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id, rtbl_add_column, rtbl_add_column_by_id, rtbl_add_column_entry, rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id, rtbl_new_row, rtbl_format -- format data in simple tables LIBRARY
The roken library (libroken, -lroken) SYNOPSIS
#include <rtbl.h> int rtbl_add_column(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_add_column_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const char *column_header, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_add_column_entry(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, const char *cell_entry); int rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const char *cell_entry); rtbl_t rtbl_create(void); void rtbl_destroy(rtbl_t table); int rtbl_new_row(rtbl_t table); int rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const, char, *prefix", const char *suffix); int rtbl_set_column_prefix(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, const char *prefix); unsigned int rtbl_get_flags(rtbl_t table); void rtbl_set_flags(rtbl_t table, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_set_prefix(rtbl_t table, const char *prefix); int rtbl_set_separator(rtbl_t table, const char *separator); int rtbl_format(rtbl_t table, FILE, *file"); DESCRIPTION
This set of functions assemble a simple table consisting of rows and columns, allowing it to be printed with certain options. Typical use would be output from tools such as ls(1) or netstat(1), where you have a fixed number of columns, but don't know the column widths before hand. A table is created with rtbl_create() and destroyed with rtbl_destroy(). Global flags on the table are set with rtbl_set_flags and retrieved with rtbl_get_flags. At present the only defined flag is RTBL_HEADER_STYLE_NONE which suppresses printing the header. Before adding data to the table, one or more columns need to be created. This would normally be done with rtbl_add_column_by_id(), column_id is any number of your choice (it's used only to identify columns), column_header is the header to print at the top of the column, and flags are flags specific to this column. Currently the only defined flag is RTBL_ALIGN_RIGHT, aligning column entries to the right. Columns are printed in the order they are added. There's also a way to add columns by column name with rtbl_add_column(), but this is less flexible (you need unique header names), and is considered deprecated. To add data to a column you use rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(), where the column_id is the same as when the column was added (adding data to a non-existent column is undefined), and cell_entry is whatever string you wish to include in that cell. It should not include newlines. For columns added with rtbl_add_column() you must use rtbl_add_column_entry() instead. rtbl_new_row() fills all columns with blank entries until they all have the same number of rows. Each column can have a separate prefix and suffix, set with rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id; rtbl_set_column_prefix allows setting the prefix only by column name. In addition to this, columns may be separated by a string set with rtbl_set_separator (by default columns are not seprated by anything). The finished table is printed to file with rtbl_format. EXAMPLES
This program: #include <stdio.h> #include <rtbl.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { rtbl_t table; table = rtbl_create(); rtbl_set_separator(table, " "); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 0, "Column A", 0); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 1, "Column B", RTBL_ALIGN_RIGHT); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 2, "Column C", 0); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_format(table, stdout); rtbl_destroy(table); return 0; } will output the following: Column A Column B Column C A-1 B-1 C-1 A-2 B-2 C-2 A-3 B-3 C-3 A-4 B-4 C-4 HEIMDAL
June 26, 2004 HEIMDAL