Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop counter resets by itself Post 302944608 by Flavius on Wednesday 20th of May 2015 03:08:24 PM
Old 05-20-2015
It's gotta be the craziest bug of my carrier.

Code:
     cat $_file | while read _line
     do

if [ "$_line" = "CDRCCN.ChargingDataOutputRecord.onlineCreditControlRecord" ]; then
#                CDR_count=`expr $CDR_count + 1`
                CDR_count=$(( $CDR_count + 1 ))

echo "Files processed: $file_count / $file_total       CDRs match : $CDR_match / $CDR_count"

if [ "`grep "servedAccount : '$2'" CDR.tmp`" != "" ]; then
#                   CDR_match=`expr $CDR_match + 1`
                   CDR_match=$(( $CDR_match + 1 ))
                   mv CDR.tmp CDR$CDR_match.txt
                   echo -ne "Files processed: $file_count / $file_total       CDRs match : $CDR_match / $CDR_count"\\r
                fi

CDR_start="true"
             else
                CDR_start="false"
             fi

if [ "$CDR_start" = "true" ]; then
                echo $_line > CDR.tmp
             else
                echo $_line >> CDR.tmp
             fi
echo test1 CDR_count=$CDR_count
      done
echo test2 CDR_count=$CDR_count

Code:
test1 CDR_count=379
test1 CDR_count=379
test1 CDR_count=379
test1 CDR_count=379
test2 CDR_count=0
Files processed: 2 / 2       CDRs match : 0 / 1
test1 CDR_count=1
test1 CDR_count=1
test1 CDR_count=1
test1 CDR_count=1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop counter variable display

Hello everyone, how can I send output to the screen from a running script or tcl, in such a way that if a loop is executing I will see the rolling counter on my screen as the records are processed in the loop. I do not want the screen to scroll, though. In other words can a var's value be painted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifespan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the counter of a for loop in command line parameter

Say I have (in psuedocode) For i=1 to 10 tar cvfb /... 5*i /junk(i) end What I mean is that I want each successive for loop to have the block size parameter be 5 times the current counter. This isn't my actual code, just a stupid example...So the question is how do I descrive that parameter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Incrementing Variable resets outside of while loop

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Variable is resetting to 0 after incrementing in while loop My bit of scripting displays the current users logged in the machine. Then it reads in a specific username and displays the processes for that user. The portion that I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratzlaff
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

S# in a for loop - concatenate $(loop counter)

Hi, hope I am posting in the right section. My problem is that I have 2 or more arguments passed and I want to check if the arguments passed exists or not. The first argument should not exist and the remaining others should exist. example: ./shells.sh argument1 argument2 argument3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fight4love
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop with a counter on a constant in bash

Hello Everyone, I'm in need of assistance on creating a script with a counter on a certain string. Basically this script opens a log file and displays certain log data. There are two key words in the log. START and FINISH. In between the START and FINISH is a variable ACTNUMBER. It will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rxc23816
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File merging based on different counter loop

hello, File 1 main Group sub group MIT VAR_1D_DATA_TYPE 23-03-2012 MIT VAR_1D_DATA_TYPE 22-03-2012 MIT VAR_10D_DATA_TYPE 23-03-2012 MIT VAR_10D_DATA_TYPE 22-03-2012 MIT ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement the counter in loop?

Hi, I am working on a script where I need to add one functionality i.e. to could the number of tar files at particular location...but the script is working in below way. 1) create sandbox 2) Drop old member function 3) addmember function 4) Apply checkpoint lable 5) Resync operation(This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Min/Max/counter/while loop from file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The program is supposed to read in text from a given file ( different samples provided in the homework but not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c++newb
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop usage with counter

Hi friends, I just want to try some thing with shell using loop and counter I have 30 Directory, in each directory number of files say 5, 10, 20 etc... directory_1 directory_2 directory_n what I want to do is read files from directory_1 say 5 files if my counter is like this m=2000 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with limit counter

#!/usr/bin/ksh c=0 while ]; do echo /tmp/unex NOT found, iter : $c; ((c = $c + 1)); sleep 2; done so, the above counter doesn't work, already tried both -lt & -gt, and changed || to && so what am I missing? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unexistance
5 Replies
read(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   read(1)

NAME
read - read a line from standard input SYNOPSIS
var ... DESCRIPTION
reads a single line from standard input. The line is split into fields as when processed by the shell (refer to shells in the first field is assigned to the first variable var, the second field to the second variable var, and so forth. If there are more fields than there are specified var operands, the remaining fields and their intervening separators are assigned to the last var. If there are more vars than fields, the remaining vars are set to empty strings. The setting of variables specified by the var operands affect the current shell execution environment. Standard input to can be redirected from a text file. Since affects the current shell execution environment, it is usually provided as a normal shell special (built-in) command. Thus, if it is called in a subshell or separate utility execution environment similar to the following, it does not affect the shell variables in the caller's environment: Options recognizes the following options: Do not treat a backslash character in any special way. Consider each backslash to be part of the input line. Opperands recognizes the following operands: var The name of an existing or nonexisting shell variable. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the internal field separators used to delimit fields. RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: 0 Successful completion. >0 End-of-file was detected or an error occurred. EXAMPLES
Print a file with the first field of each line moved to the end of the line. while read -r xx yy do printf "%s %s " "$yy" "$xx" done < input_file SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), sh-posix(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
read(1)