Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running a KSH file from VPS on Godaddy Post 302944465 by Corona688 on Tuesday 19th of May 2015 12:57:22 PM
Old 05-19-2015
Has the script been copied to your VPS, or do you just have the file locally?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing file during running ksh in HP failed

Hi falks, I have the following program: #!/bin/ksh ed -s /home/ias/v9.0.3/j2ee/OC4J_RiGHTv_HPCD2/applications/Xbip/Xbip/WEB -INF/config/application.properties <<EOF >/dev/null 1 d . d . a application.filePath.core = /core-HPCD2/Html/ application.filePath.xbip =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Running KSH script In SFU

I tried to run my ksh scripts in SFU and it always says "not found" as in the example below: $ .file /bin/ksh: .file: not found Did I miss something in the SFU Installation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Problems Running KSH on Solaris 10

Hi, I am currently in the process of testing upgrading from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10. one problem i have encountered is when i am running any of my batch scripts. All my scripts start with #! /bin/ksh so that they will excuted in the ksh shell. but the scripts will not run correctly. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running executables in ksh

I am trying a set up a very simple korn shell script. It has 2 basic steps. Firstly I read the first line of a text file (which is a file name) Secondly I run a fortran executable using that line I must be doing something wring because it wouldn't work. I know that the executable wants the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larangunn
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running scripts without a hashbang - ksh anomaly?

I noticed some strange looking parameters on some processes on one of our servers, and after a little playing around we deduced that ksh seemed to be adding a (somewhat random) extra parameter when calling a script without a hashbang in it. It looks like it's the partial name of the parent... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarloM
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Dovecot Roundcube Godaddy

Long story short, I have everything working in my SOHO which would include Postfix,Dovecot(imap),Roundcube,bind and is ready to recieve email from the outside using this tutorial: https://workaround.org/ispmail/wheezy I also setup my internal DNS server using: https://wiki.debian.org/Bind9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download Images and Json file from server(godaddy) to Local machine (Ubuntu 14.04).?

Hi Guys, Just entering the Linux word, So I need help to write a script on my local machine(Ubuntu 14.04) that continuously check the particular folder(contains images) and a json file on the server and download whenever new images are added to that folder and whenever there is a change in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4v1n
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wget Cronjob, Godaddy.

Hello, I'm trying to automate a wget cronjob for Php 5.4 on Wordpress - using Cpannel on a linux server hosted by Godaddy. Below is the command I'm using, which isn't working. wget -q -O "/wp-cron.php?import_key=&import_id=&action=trigger" >/dev/null 2>&1 ========== EDIT Thank you so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: embus
5 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)