Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting delimited string into rows Post 302944300 by techmoris on Monday 18th of May 2015 03:53:57 PM
Old 05-18-2015
Field Genre can have any number of values separated by a newline delimeter.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a pipe delimited file in unix

Could one of you shad some light on this: I need to split the file by determining the record count and than splitting it up into 4 files. Please note, this is not a fixed record length but rather a "|" delimited file. I am not sure as how to handle reminder/offset for the 4th file. For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddedic
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

splitting a column into rows

I have a column of data of the format: EDITORIAL OPED 193987141 193986701 193987451 193986321 STATISTICS 193986351 COLUMN EDITORIAL OPED 193987171 NEWS 193321171 NEWS 193321111 NEWS 193320891 NEWS 193321841 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spindoctor
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on number of rows

Hi, I'm, new to shell scripting, I have a requirement where I have to split an incoming file into separate files each containing a maximum of 3 million rows. For e.g: if my incoming file say In.txt has 8 mn rows then I need to create 3 files, in which two will 3 mn rows and one will contain 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting tab-delimited file with awk

Hi all, I need help to split a tab-delimited list into separate files by the filename-field. The list is already sorted ascendingly by filename, an example list would look like this; filename001 word1 word2 filename001 word3 word4 filename002 word1 word2 filename002 word3 word4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perkele
4 Replies

5. Linux

Splitting a Text File by Rows

Hello, Please help me. I have hundreds of text files composed of several rows of information and I need to separate each row into a new text file. I was trying to figure out how to split the text file into different text files, based on each row of text in the original text file. Here is an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvdrevilla
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting tab delimited strings

hi i have a requirement to input a string to a shell script and to split the string to multiple fields, the string is copied from a row of three columns (name,age,address) in an excel sheet. the three columns (from excel) are seperated with a tab when pasted in the command prompt, but when the ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun19
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in splitting the string to diff rows

Hi, I have file with values as below 1~ab~456~ac:bd:de:ef~yyyy-mm-dd 2~cd~458~af:fg:ty:er:ty:uj:io:~yyyy-mm-dd I want the o/p as for frist row 1~ab~456~ac~yyyy-mm-dd 1~ab~456~bd~yyyy-mm-dd 1~ab~456~de~yyyy-mm-dd 1~ab~456~ef~yyyy-mm-dd and for the second row 2~cd~458~af~yyyy-mm-dd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rithushri
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Columns in Rows delimited by a strings

Hi Gurus, I have a file that contain inventory information from someones computers: UserName domain\user1 DNSHostName machine1 Caption Microsoft Windows 7 Professional OSArchitecture 64 bits SerialNumber XXX Name HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G1 NumberOfProcessors 1 Name Intel(R)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmore666
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a delimited text file

Howdy folks, I've got a very large plain text file that I need to split into many smaller files. My script-fu is not powerful enough for this, so any assistance is much appreciated. The file is a database dump from Cyrus IMAP server. It's basically a bunch of emails (thousands) all... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote

Hi, I am wanting to create a script that will construct a SQL statement based on a a space delimited string that it read from a config file. Example of the SQL will be For example, it will read a string like "AAA BBB CCC" and assign to a variable named IN_STRING. I then concatenate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
Mail::Field::Generic(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Mail::Field::Generic(3)

NAME
Mail::Field::Generic - implementation for inspecific fields INHERITANCE
Mail::Field::Generic is a Mail::Field SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Field; my $field = Mail::Field->new('Subject', 'some subject text'); my $field = Mail::Field->new(subject => 'some subject text'); DESCRIPTION
A generic implementation for header fields without own implementation. This is fine for fields like "Subject", "X-Mailer", etc., where the field holds only a string of no particular importance/format. METHODS
Constructors Mail::Field::Generic->combine(FIELDS) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field Mail::Field::Generic->extract(TAG, HEAD [, INDEX ]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field Mail::Field::Generic->new(TAG [, STRING | OPTIONS]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field "Fake" constructors $obj->create(OPTIONS) -Option--Default Text '' Text => STRING $obj->parse([STRING]) Set the new text, which is empty when no STRING is provided. Accessors $obj->set(OPTIONS) See "Accessors" in Mail::Field $obj->stringify() See "Accessors" in Mail::Field $obj->tag() Mail::Field::Generic->tag() See "Accessors" in Mail::Field Smart accessors $obj->text([STRING]) See "Smart accessors" in Mail::Field DIAGNOSTICS
Error: Undefined subroutine <method> called Mail::Field objects use autoloading to compile new functionality. Apparently, the mehod called is not implemented for the specific class of the field object. SEE ALSO
This module is part of the MailTools distribution, http://perl.overmeer.net/mailtools/. AUTHORS
The MailTools bundle was developed by Graham Barr. Later, Mark Overmeer took over maintenance without commitment to further development. Mail::Cap by Gisle Aas <aas@oslonett.no>. Mail::Field::AddrList by Peter Orbaek <poe@cit.dk>. Mail::Mailer and Mail::Send by Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk>. For other contributors see ChangeLog. LICENSE
Copyrights 1995-2000 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> and 2001-2007 Mark Overmeer <perl@overmeer.net>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.16.2 2012-08-29 Mail::Field::Generic(3)