Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syncing Multiple Music Collections, Can rsync help? Post 302944270 by gandolf989 on Monday 18th of May 2015 10:12:04 AM
Old 05-18-2015
I don't think that you want rsync. If you want to rip CD's again you can look at using a script called adbcde with lame.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...0adbcde%20lame

There are also utilities that will help you to edit the meta data. Doing those two things you should help you to get the various mp3's that you have under control. If you have the same album stored multiple times with different metadata, then rsync is not going to combine the various versions, but fixing the metadata should help you to find duplicates.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use rsync to update my music server from my windows notebook

Hello all, I am fairly new to unix/linux. I am using Ubuntu 10.10 as a server. I use a laptop that is Windows based (windows 7 ultimate) and I store my music library on that machine. I was hoping to use rsync to make sure any changes that happen to my music on my computer will be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - transactional sync with multiple nodes

Hi Everyone, We have a requirement to sync files with multiple nodes. We need to run the rsync sequentially on each node, if one of the node fails we need to recover the files to previous state in all nodes. I know that we have backup option in rsync which takes the backup of files before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync not syncing a file

I am trying to sync the source tree into backup and somehow this one file dumper.c is not in sync, see below after running the script: /u/prj/dir$ l -tr dumper.c /v/tmp/prj_src/dir/dumper.c -rw-rw-r-- 1 prj group 15635 Jun 20 16:28 /v/tmp/prj_src/dir/dumper.c -rw-rw-r-- 1 prj ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

4. BSD

FreeBSD7.4 Ports Collections

Hi, During OS installation of FreeBSD7.4/i386 I missed to include ports collection. Now when I try with sysinstall command via ftp servers avaliable in tha list it says "unable to open ftp connection. Error:0" Could You Please suggest me the exact site wher I can get ports collection via FTP to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding having collections of NICE threads

Hello All, This is regarding a suggestion to create a sub forum for those THREADS which have been rated 3 or more stars out of 5(Off-course good threads only). As we all know we have thread rating system in each thread, so to have a collections of all those threads which had been rated good, so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies
ACPIWMI(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ACPIWMI(4)

NAME
acpiwmi -- Windows Management Instrumentation support for ACPI SYNOPSIS
acpiwmi* at acpi? acpiwmibus* at acpiwmi? wmidell* at acpiwmibus? wmieeepc* at acpiwmibus? wmihp* at acpiwmibus? wmimsi* at acpiwmibus? DESCRIPTION
The acpiwmi device driver provides an ACPI interface for Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). The ACPI WMI interface is typically used to support vendor specific features found in various laptops. The following WMI mappings are supported: wmidell Dell laptops wmieeepc Some models of Asus Eee PC wmihp Hewlett-Packard laptops wmimsi MSI laptops The functionality varies from vendor to vendor. Typically the interface is used for function and hotkey handling, but additional features may be present. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), acpidalb(4) Microsoft Corporation, Windows Instrumentation: WMI and ACPI, http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/pnppwr/wmi/wmi-acpi.mspx, December 4, 2001. HISTORY
The acpiwmi device driver appeared in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen@iki.fi> wrote acpiwmi and most of the mappings. CAVEATS
While WMI should provide a certain degree of portability across laptop models from a particular vendor, there is no guarantee that the map- pings are functional in all models. The wmihp driver may conflict with hpqlb(4). BSD
February 16, 2011 BSD