Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run a command for specific amount of time with an auto key press Post 302944208 by sea on Sunday 17th of May 2015 09:39:31 AM
Old 05-17-2015
Works for me, please provide screen output, like:
Code:
✔ tmp $ mkfifo YY
✔ tmp $ { sleep 45; echo q >YY; } &
[1] 30908
+ tmp $ 
✔ tmp $ read -p "my command execution" R <YY; [[ "$R" = "q" ]] && echo "back!" || echo "failed";    # this is mimicking "my command"
back!
[1]+  Fertig                  { sleep 45; echo q > YY; }
✔ tmp $ rm -f YY

This User Gave Thanks to sea For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line with a single key press...

I would really like to have a script that will accept the key press from the user with out having to press the enter key afterwards. i.e. echo "Press Y to print \c" read YesNo At this point the user has to press the enter key to continue. Is there a way to accept the key press from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture an empty key press...

I am trying to test input from the user, if they press enter with out an Y or N. I have the characheter thing sorted but when it comes to a blank or empty key press I am having trouble. if ; then clear echo "Sorry, that is an invalid choice!" exit fi I am using a KSH script in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trap key press in a script

How can I trap a character press in the shell script. For eg:- I have a script runinng a infinite loops , I will need to quit if q is pressed. I have seen the traping the signal , but they give option only for traping the defined interrupt signals. But those does not help me here. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run Command in Specific Time ...

Guy's I want to make script to run this command solevel every Saturday at 8:00 clock exactly . Can you please help me and teach me how to do this ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IT Helper
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any key press causing logout from shell

Hi all! I have written a shell script which will invoke perl script infinitly in the background in a loop. Code will do as:Within while loop, perl script will be run in background, get the pid and notify pid in though mail. then wait for pid to be completed before going for next iteration. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

specific number jobs run at the same time

Hi, I have more that 100 jobs I can run background, if I want only 4 running at ther same time, how can I write a script to control it? Thanks peter (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate specific amount of same characters

Hi, Is there a command to print one character x amont of times? I need for example 10 comma's (,,,,,,,,,,). Instead of creating a loop, I was wondering if there is a way to do this with sed or awk? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Press Any Key script sequence using bash - HELP

hi to all. im a newbie in unix shell scripts. i want to make a simple unix shell script using the bash shell that asks a user to press any key after a series of commands, or an x if he wishes to exit. here's a sample script that i made: #!/usr/bin/bash pause(){ /usr/bin/echo "\t\t Press... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: booghaw
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect key press in cgi shell script?

I want to detect key pressed in my .cgi web page, but it does not work even I found the code in other web site. My code is : #!/bin/sh #================================================= # PATH defination # ================================================... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shuinvy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies
ASTGENKEY(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      ASTGENKEY(8)

NAME
astgenkey - generates keys for for Asterisk IAX2 RSA authentication SYNOPSIS
astgenkey [ -q ] [ -n ] [ keyname ] DESCRIPTION
astgenkey This script generates an RSA private and public key pair in PEM format for use by Asterisk. The private key should be kept a secret, as it can be used to fake your system's identity. Thus by default (without the option -n ) the script will create a passphrase- encrypted copy of your secret key: without entering the passphrase you won't be able to use it. However if you want to use such a key with Asterisk, you'll have to start it interactively, because the scripts that start asterisk can't use that encrypted key. The key is identified by a name. If you don't write the name on the command-line you'll be prompted for one. The outputs of the script are: name.pub The public key: not secret. Send this to the other side. name.key The private key: secret. Those files should be copied to /var/lib/asterisk/keys (The private key: on your system. The public key: on other systems) To see the currently-installed keys from the asterisk CLI, use the command show keys OPTIONS
-q Run quietly. -n Don't encrypt the private key. SECURITY
The keys are created, using the umask of the user running the command. To create the keys in a secure manner, you should check to ensure that your umask is first set to disallow the private key from being world- readable, such as with the following commands: umask 0066 astgenkey yourkey And then make the key accessible to Asterisk (assuming you run it as user "asterisk"). chown asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/keys/yourname.* FILES
/var/lib/asterisk/keys SEE ALSO
asterisk(8), genrsa(1), rsa(1), http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+iax+rsa+auth AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. Asterisk May 14th, 2005 ASTGENKEY(8)