Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling source code issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compiling source code issue Post 302943892 by vbe on Wednesday 13th of May 2015 05:44:04 PM
Old 05-13-2015
the fact is that having perl in /usr/bin will always be an handycap... rename the one there...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

bash...Not found through where(compiling source file)

Hi i have compiled and installed bash 3.2 on my hp-ux parisc its in path /usr/local/pkg/bash/bin/bash .....When im search for this bash (through whereis bash) im not findind but other which i hve done in same procedure( gettext,m4) ..Im able to find through whereis search option can any1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
3 Replies

2. Programming

Help with Compiling large source file using g++

HI All, I m compiling a 27 MB cpp file and compiler crashes. My enviroment : RH 9, compiler g++ how i m compiling g++ -fPIC -DWITH_OPENSSL -DWITH_COOKIES -c soapC.cpp it took almost 30 -32 to throw error like report bug etc. I will post the same error, but if can any body tell how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpmeforlinux
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - Compiling package from source? Different from pkgadd?

Hey everyone, I'm using a SPARC based Solaris 10 5/09 machine and want to install PHP support to it. I already have mysql and apache( came with OS, just started the proccess) installed, so this is the last thing before I can get to learning development :) However, there's something I'm not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agummad
1 Replies

4. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

High Performance Linpack Compiling Issue

I'm trying to compile Linpack on a Ubuntu cluster. I'm running MPI. I've modified the following values to fit my system TOPdir MPdir LAlib CC LINKER. When compiling I get the following error: (the error is at the end, the other errors in between are because I've ran the script several times so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPJPJPJP
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

environment variables for compiling from source

Hello, I was trying to istall Gdkpixbuff 2.26.1 in my laptop ubuntu 11.10, when I did: ./configure and I got these error message *** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.33.1, but GLIB (2.30.0) was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best *** to remove the old version of GLib.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling C++ source file

I am trying to compile a c++ source file print_options.cpp and getting lot of errors g++ -I/media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05 /media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05/libs/program_options/print_options.cpp In file included from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue Enabling DAQ's NFQ Module while Compiling

Hello All, OS: OpenSuSE 12.3 x86_64 A little while back I installed Snort 2.9.6 and was trying to use the NFQ module along with it for packet acquisition but got errors that the module is not present. If I run: # snort --daq-list Available DAQ modules: pcap(v3): readback live multi... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /usr/adm/sm.bin, allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the charac- ters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/filter || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/ucb/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to ``/usr/adm/sm.bin/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the sm.bin directory. For example, a reasonable additions is vacation(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the sm.bin direc- tory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the sm.bin directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply dis- allows execution of arbitrary programs. Also, including mail filtering programs such as procmail(1) is a very bad idea. procmail(1) allows users to run arbitrary programs in their procmailrc(5). COMPILATION
Compilation should be trivial on most systems. You may need to use -DSMRSH_PATH="path" to adjust the default search path (defaults to ``/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb'') and/or -DSMRSH_CMDDIR="dir" to change the default program directory (defaults to ``/usr/adm/sm.bin''). FILES
/usr/adm/sm.bin - default directory for restricted programs on most OSs /var/adm/sm.bin - directory for restricted programs on HP UX and Solaris /usr/libexec/sm.bin - directory for restricted programs on FreeBSD (>= 3.3) and DragonFly BSD SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2004/08/06 03:55:35 $ SMRSH(8)