Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX backup solutions
Operating Systems AIX AIX backup solutions Post 302943654 by fierfek on Monday 11th of May 2015 01:30:05 PM
Old 05-11-2015
I do a mksysb to tape twice a month. Daily there is backup run to tape of a datavg that is on the system. I have a Windows server that acts as a BDR fro the windows and linux servers. I do an image back up of the servers. At night these backups are sent offsite. Dealing with tapes is annoying compared to everything else. I would like to find a way to just backup the datavg nightly. Ideally sending it to a mount on the linux server that gets backed up and sent offsite.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX backup and restore

Hello, Some background so you can see what I'm trying to do on AIX: In Windows its possible to partition a single hard drive into 2 separate logical paritions which may appear as a C and a D drive. It is then possible to to use 3rd party software such as Power Quest Drive Image to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup solutions

Hi guys, We are looking to replace our current backup solution - we currently backup our Progress databases (on SCO Unixware7) to DLT7000 tapes but that being old technology the failure rate is increasing and we need to replace them with a more reliable solution. We've been looking at SDLT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seraphic
2 Replies

3. SCO

Backup solutions

Hi guys, We are looking to replace our current backup solution - we currently backup our Progress databases (on SCO) to DLT7000 tapes but that being old technology the failure rate is increasing and we need to replace them with a more reliable solution. We've been looking at SDLT drives/tapes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seraphic
2 Replies

4. AIX

Backup solutions / TSM alternative?

Hey all, I've just about had it with Tivoli Storage Manager. I won't go into the what's and why's. Do any of you have suggestions for an alternative? We have around 70 linux clients and 10 AIX lpars. We mostly do incremental filesystem backups each night and have a 3494 tape library with 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with AIX and backup command

:) Hi my name is Ricardo !!!! I am using backup command in order to backup a server which its running AIX operating system. But I want to backup more than one filesytem in my script, this script send my backup to /dev/rmt0 (tape drive). my trouble is that I donīt know how to tell my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickie
1 Replies

6. AIX

backup on aix

Hello everyone I have a 3583 tape library on my Aix servers. (aix 5.3) Im install hypertape software for backup datebase, files, etc. I have a question. on my directory devices I have this rmt crw-rw-rwT 1 root system 42, 1 Jan 18 21:57 rmt1.1 crw-rw-rwT 1 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX script, help I'm just a backup!

Hello, I am trying to get the following Lawson command to work in an AIX script for a developer and I'm stumped, the Admin for this server is on vacation and I have very limited AIX scripting knowledge, I cannot seem to get this to work no matter what I try... lawcmp test900 ap HM500 This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_aix
1 Replies

8. AIX

backup linux like aix

Hello everyone I need to backup some boxes with redhat enterprise for power. I was looking for software but I need to umount filesystems,etc,etc. I need a software that backup like I do with my aix boxes. mksysb command and thatīs it. Because I need to do online, with no umount fs. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

9. AIX

Backup software for AIX

Hello, Looking for some backup software for AIX , once tivoli is bit expensive , i'm searching for alternatives, do you guys have some experience with some other software? Cheers, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
6 Replies
BACKUP_APROPOS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)

NAME
backup_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
backup apropos -topic <help string> [-help] backup ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any backup command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the backup help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes (" ") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any backup command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following example lists all backup commands that include the word "tape" in their names or short descriptions: % backup apropos tape labeltape: label a tape readlabel: read the label on tape scantape: dump information recovery from tape status: get tape coordinator status PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_help(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)