Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Disk is present but not active Post 302943472 by fierfek on Friday 8th of May 2015 09:48:46 PM
Old 05-08-2015
Disk is present but not active

hello,

I have an issue with my aix box. the power went down. I got the box back up and can log into it. the datavg drives are not showing as active. How do i make them active. let me know if you need any screenshots let me know.

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:56 PM ----------

i found the command i needed. user varyonvg

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active / Non Active users ?

Hey, I have few Questions : 1. How to Check/Find who all are the users accessing the server using their id ? 2. How to Check who is the active user or non active user (whose id exists but the access privileges has been removed) ? I am presently using AIX5.3 as a server. Please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
3 Replies

2. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

4. AIX

Very Active NFS and Disk Usage

Here is the scenario... NFS share that is accessed every few minutes by approx 70 systems (AIX 5.3/6.1). Filesystem space is being eaten up rapidly according to df however du numbers really never change. lsof and fuser cannot see any unlinked files on either the NFS server or remote clients. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masterpengu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present && the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet

Hi Team when I boot the server I get this 2 errors : the disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet or not present and its stay like that , I m using Ubuntu 12.04 please if someone have any idea how to fix that problem . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SULTAN01
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies
DMXChangeDesktopAttributes(3X)											    DMXChangeDesktopAttributes(3X)

NAME
DMXChangeDesktopAttributes - change global bounding box SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/dmxext.h> int DMXChangeDesktopAttributes(Display *dpy, unsigned int mask, DMXDesktopAttributes *attr); DESCRIPTION
DMXChangeDesktopAttributes() resizes the bounding box of the whole screen when using the Xinerama extension. Otherwise, it has no effect on the screen layout. An attribute mask is placed in mask and the attributes to change are placed in attr. The values that are used to compute mask are as follows: DMXDesktopWidth DMXDesktopHeight DMXDesktopShiftX DMXDesktopShiftY The DMXDesktopAttributes structure is: typedef struct { unsigned int width; unsigned int height; int shiftX; int shiftY; } DMXDesktopAttributes; width and height specify the new width and height for the bounding box. shiftX and shiftY specify where the Xinerama origin will be placed with respect to the origin of the new bounding box. This allows the left and upper edges of the bounding box to be changed without changing the visual position of the windows on the desktop. If width or height is not specified, the current values will be used. If shiftX or shiftY is not specified, 0 will be used. All coordinants are in the global DMX coordinant system. If Xinerama is not active, an error will be generated. RETURN VALUE
DMXChangeDesktopAttributes() will return 0 on success, DmxBadXinerama if Xinerama is not active, DmxBadValue if the size of the bounding box is too large, and DmxBadReply if there was a protocol error. DMXChangeDesktopAttributes() can generate BadLength (if the request is malformed, which should never happen when using this library inter- face), and BadValue (if any values are out of range). SEE ALSO
DMXGetDesktopAttributes(3X), DMX(3X), Xdmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.0.2 DMXChangeDesktopAttributes(3X)