Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: View IP of HMC from AIX
Operating Systems AIX View IP of HMC from AIX Post 302943138 by acascianelli on Tuesday 5th of May 2015 05:11:15 PM
Old 05-05-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent.kgb
in earlier TLs of AIX 6 it is something like lsrsrc IBM.ManagmentServer. Sorry, don't remember exactly.
Yea, that's the correct command. But that doesn't work either.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX HMC LSCOD with space

I am trying to run the lscod command against an HMC that has managed system names with spaces. Tried enclosing the managed system names in quotes; single and double. How do I get the command to run? ssh hmcname lscod -m 'managed system 1' -t cap -r proc -c cuod Thanks, ~Donavon (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: djlerman
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX and HMC installation issue

I started the AIX install with a fiber channel disk, and let it run: restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp. . . . . . << End of copyright notice for perfagent.tools >>. . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gideon1a
2 Replies

3. AIX

Installing HP open view in AIX

Hi, I am new to AIX, I have to install HP Open View on AIX OS and I would appreciate if anyone can guide me how to install it step be step, any pointer in the direction would also help. I thank all in advance ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rookie_newbie
1 Replies

4. AIX

View OS version within HMC web GUI?

Hello there Im wondering is there any way to see lpar OS info (like 5.3 or 6.1) in HMC web GUI? Because in some situation, the lpar is inactive, the only way to check OS version is to activate, this process takes time :) Tks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
8 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrade AIX without HMC

Hi all, i would like to know if it's possible upgrade AIX 5.3 to 6.1 on a LPAR without use the HMC. so i would like to know if i must use the console to do it or i can do all from the up&running system on LPAR. Thanks in advance. Mario (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
4 Replies

6. AIX

Help Please - Command to view missing filesets in aix

Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:09 PM ---------- Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetysiva29
3 Replies

7. AIX

Install AIX lpar via hmc, can't access cd drive

Hi , I would like to access the cd drive of , i have power series server , and have lpars . I try to install AIX in an lpar via HMC, but it can't access the cd drive. how i can make installtion or make the the cd drive accessible in hmc or in power series server? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
2 Replies

8. AIX

Install AIX , do i need hmc console

Hi, For installing aix on power series , do i need to install hmc first? or i can connect hmc after? Rgs, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
7 Replies

9. AIX

AIX: DLPAR VFC - HMC v9

Hey All, I have running dual VIOS on a P9 systems, and just created a new LPAR profile. My objective is to create LPAR Client VFC adapters, and then DLPAR VFC Server adapters on the VIOS. In the HMC v9 Enhanced GUI, I have DLPAR a VFC adapter to both VIOS, however, you can't specify the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
1 Replies

10. AIX

IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error

hello P6 was managed by HMC, tried to install on it VIOS 2.2.6 and got this error message Hosting requires a hosting partition -- boot not permitted vios-4 - imgbb.com then after creating an lpar in HMC got this message B2001230 vios-3 - imgbb.com anyone know how to solve this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)