Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Does awk have parameter substitution? Post 302942852 by RudiC on Saturday 2nd of May 2015 02:25:13 AM
Old 05-02-2015
Should have read on...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk variable substitution

for the command below, it looks for the 3rd field value matching "P" and printing it. awk '{if ($3 == "P") print}' file how would i express this if i use a loop to find more that 1 variable fro a list? this doesn't seem to work... cat list | while read n do awk '{if ($3 == "$n") print}'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filed substitution with awk

guys, I'm trying to 9k lines of the following: aaa aaa 1 1 1 to aaa aaa 1 01 1 Im pretty ignorant when it comes to subtituting fields using awk any help ? Tony (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tony3101
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK substitution

I need to copy field 2 to field 3 for only those records that have the 1st field equal to account e.g. file account|123|789|xxx|yyy|zzz|... account_group|444|555|xxx|yy|zz|.... account|456|901|aaa|bbb|ccc|..... after running awk script should look like account|123|123|xxx|yyy|zzz|...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klut
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with awk substitution

Hi again. A have a CSV-file in the following format: 2008.09.01,15:17:42,9227096485,9233175320,CTC10,SMS,0901151742098314,Target_MSIS DN_is_blacklisted I want to have an awk command that will say: If the first 3 digits of $4 does not begin with 922 or 923, then make $8 say "Invalid... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution using awk/gawk

Hello, I have a file containing lines such as: (1 104 (16) (17) (18) (102))$ (1 105 (16) (17) (19:21) (102))$ I would like to extract the numbers, only by using awk (or gawk). I do not want to use "sed" as it is very slow. For now my solution consists in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parameter substitution with alias

Hello, in my .bashrc I tried to setup some aliases. alias scp_cmd="scp -P 8888 $1 me@somehost:." is supposed to copy a local file to somehost via scp. However it seems that the command line substitution does not work here. However this works: alias lst="ls -l $1" The above scp command can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strobotta
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution in AWK

I am trying to use AWK to replace dallinux02 to dallinux03 everywhere in the servers.txt file and move it over to "awk2". Here is my script "awk2.awk": gsub(/dallinux02/, "dallinux03"); print > "awk2" I am trying to run this using the following: $ awk -f awk2.awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora_umair
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter substitution with##

Hi experts I want to use the parameter substitution in the bash with ## to get a=mfs1000 (not the "mfs" maybe other string and the length is not the same" I want to get 1000 any help? I don't know use which pattern I use echo ${a##*} It doesn't work Lei (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk substitution

Hi all, I need some help with substitution in awk. Is it possible to substitute field from awk output with string from file? For example: zcat /SMS/CDR/cdr_TC/callLogs*_*_2013092710*.gz | sed 's/:/;/g' | awk -F";" '{if($2==1 && $10~/389123456789/) print $36";"$37}' 2;19733248 I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasil
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter substitution is not working with sed

I am trying add a prefix variable(string) to command output. sed parameter substitution is not working. - I have found some issues on my end of testing,, please delete this thread for now. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies
pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3)				     Library Functions Manual					  pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_rdlock - Acquires a read-write lock for read access. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_rwlock_rdlock( pthread_rwlock_t *rwlock); PARAMETERS
Address of the read-write lock object to acquire for read access. DESCRIPTION
This routine acquires a read-write lock for read access. If no thread already holds the lock for write access and there are no writers waiting to acquire the lock, the lock for read access is granted to the calling thread and this routine returns. If a thread already holds the lock for read access, the lock is granted and this routine returns. A thread can hold multiple, concurrent locks for read access on the same read-write lock. In a given thread, for each call to this routine that successfully acquires the same read-write lock for read access, a corresponding call to pthread_rwlock_unlock must be issued. If some thread already holds the lock for write access, the calling thread will not acquire the read lock. If the read lock is not acquired, the calling thread blocks until it can acquire the lock for read access. Results are undefined if the calling thread has already acquired a lock for write access on rwlock when this routine is called. If the read-write lock object referenced by rwlock is not initialized, the results of calling this routine are undefined. If a thread is interrupted (via a Tru64 UNIX signal or an OpenVMS AST) while waiting for a read-write lock for read access, upon return from the interrupt routine the thread resumes waiting for the lock as if it had not been interrupted. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The lock for read access could not be acquired because the maximum number of read lock acquisitions for rwlock has been exceeded. The current thread already owns the read-write lock for writing. The value specified by rwlock does not refer to an ini- tialized read-write lock object. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_rwlock_init(3), pthread_rwlockattr_init(3), pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3)