Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO unresponsive after root disk Post 302942820 by graysona on Friday 1st of May 2015 02:21:26 PM
Old 05-01-2015
The controller is from a clean room so it is actually cleaner than new in box.

I swapped the SCSI controller card with a identical one, still same situation.

they are pulling the plug on my to send this out today, so ill ship it out most likely Monday morning.

If you can think of any other things to try let me know between now and then. Otherwise I want to thank all of you for helping on this especially jgt.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fortgot root password SCO 5.0.

hello guys The company i work for just got a new client, there old datebase is in Unix SCO openserver 5.0.5. The manager of this new client can login but not as a root , they forgot there own root password. There old IT company never gave it to them and they have no way of getting a hold of them ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. SCO

adding hard disk from SCO OpSer in SCO 5.06

Hi! Sorry, but I am'not spesialist in SCO OpenServer. I need to add hard disk from SCO Open Server ( "a") in my SCO OpenServer 5.6. I need data from "a". When I added, I see only swap disk, and didn't see root file system. I need to add IDE and SCSI Please, help me. How right to add disk?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedir
0 Replies

3. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

4. SCO

Expanding the root area on SCO 5.07?

I would like to expand the size of the root area, currently 800 kb, to a size of 2000 kb. Is that possible to do without loosing any data in the /u area? There is plenty of space available in the /u area. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pschnell
2 Replies

5. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 no root disk controller found error during install

I'm "attempting" to install SCO 5.0.7 on an HP ML370 G4 server and am ready to bash the keyboard with head now. I keep getting the error message "WARNING hd: no root disk controller found" when running the bootable install cd. I have a raid 5 array with an online spare created using 4 36.3 GB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrictionBurn
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Mirror the root disk

Hi all I wish to mirror for the root disk, but last time i do, make the server cannot boot up. :p So this time, hope you guys can assist me on it. =) At the last code, is the step i wish to do. Please help to check and correct me if got any wrong. root@leo # format </dev/null Searching for... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
17 Replies

7. SCO

root out of space in sco 5

DEAR Team, I need some help in sco open server 5 while booting server beloow message giving server HTFS no space dev HD 1/42 Thanks Skb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Lost Root Password on VXVM Encapsulated Root Disk

Hi All Hope it's okay to post on this sub-forum, couldn't find a better place I've got a 480R running solaris 8 with veritas volume manager managing all filesystems, including an encapsulated root disk (I believe the root disk is encapsulated as one of the root mirror disks has an entry under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnyd76
1 Replies

9. SCO

SCO Openserver 5 root password and disk full

Hi, We have an old SCO Openserver 5.0.7 server that I have inherited that currently has two issues that we are trying to resolve. 1. We do not know the root password. I have contacted the old admin, looked for rescue disk and documentation but there appears to be nothing. I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acerimmer10
1 Replies
do_config(9r)															     do_config(9r)

NAME
do_config - EISA/ISA: Initializes the device to its assigned configuration SYNOPSIS
void do_config( struct controller *ctlr_p ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to the controller structure associated with the controller to be configured. The do_config routine obtains the device to initialize through its controller's associated controller structure pointer. DESCRIPTION
The do_config routine initializes the specified controller based on its power-up resource assignments. If the device uses either an inter- rupt or a DMA channel, then do_config also performs any setup requirements. For example, for controllers that connect to the EISA bus, do_config initializes the controller according to the parameters specified in the EISA configuration file. NOTES
The do_config routine is a generic interface that maps to a bus-specific interface that actually initializes the specified device. Using this routine to initialize a device makes the driver more portable across different bus architectures. Not all buses support the do_config routine. RETURN VALUES
None SEE ALSO
Routines: get_config(9r), get_info(9r) Data Structures: controller(9s) do_config(9r)