Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Custom wget output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Custom wget output Post 302942701 by Corona688 on Thursday 30th of April 2015 04:29:09 PM
Old 04-30-2015
wget -q --no-progress url

Fiddle with --progress= to fine tune it, see man wget.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wget output question

Hello there, İ want to ask a very simple question. I want to read the output messages of wget both in terminal and also put them into a text file. i know that by using -o flag, i can log the messages into a text file but then i won't be able to see them on terminal. I'd appreciate any help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sertansenturk
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Output of Custom package scripts to terminal

Hi, I am doing some testing with creation of depots on HP-UX systems (11.11). Want to display some echo statements based on the processing during checkinstall, pre & postinstall scripts on the terminal. The echo statements are getting directed to /var/adm/sw/swagent.log I want to display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

Custom output on FIND

I have a file, ENV.doc somewhere in my home directory. I want to know where the file is located in my sub directories using FIND. But, I want to display only the relative path along with the file name. Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

custom command

hi I am trying to make my own commands in my linux.I thought a command for changing directories will be easy. I made a simple file amd made the entries #!/bin/bash cd /opt/mydir I then made the file executable and then moved it to /usr/bin. But when i type the script name nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ery weird wget/curl output - what should I do?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to download RedHat's errata digest. It comes in a txt.gz format, and i can get it easily with firefox. HOWEVER: output is VERY strange when donwloading it in a script. It seems I'm getting a file of the same size - but partially text and partly binary! It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstilby
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to output custom characters in different order

Need a script to print a set of characters in different combination. What's the key to accomplish this. e.g charset: "Abcdefghij1" without quotes. block 1: "Abcd" block 2: "efg" block 3: "hij1" I need this script to change the order of the characters and print it to stdout e.g print out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaonline
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget output file names

Hi, I have a list of urls in my input.txt file like this input.txt http://unix.com/index.html?acc=OSR765454&file=filename1.gz http://unix.com/index.html?acc=OBR765454&file=filename111.gz http://unix.com/index.html?acc=ORS765454&file=filename1111.gz... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encapsulating output of CURL and/or WGET

i use curl and wget quite often. i set up alarms on their output. for instance, i would run a "wget" on a url and then search for certain strings within the output given by the "wget". the problem is, i cant get the entire output or response of my wget/curl command to show up correctly in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking custom output

i have data that can look like this: echo "Master_Item_Service_is_down=0_njava_lang_NoClassDefFoundError=0_njava_lang_OutOfMemoryError=1_nemxCommonAppInitialization__Error_while_initializing=0_nINFO__Stopping_Coyote_HTTP_1_1_on_http_8080=7_nThe_file_or_directory_is_corrupted_and_unreadable=0_n" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
KETCHUP(1)						      General Commands Manual							KETCHUP(1)

NAME
ketchup - Utility to update the kernel source SYNOPSIS
ketchup [options] <ver> DESCRIPTION
This tool synchronises a local kernel tree with a desired kernel version and patch set from a kernel.org mirror. The default requires a GPG key on your keyring, to verify the identity of the patches and source archives. Entire kernel images are not downloaded unless necessary, so bandwidth is saved. Patches are applied and removed as necessary to attain the requested version. OPTIONS
-a --archive (~/.ketchup) cache directory -d --directory (.) directory to update -f --full-tarball if unpacking a tarball, download the latest -g --gpg-path (/usr/bin/gpg) path for GnuPG -G --no-gpg disable GPG signature verification -k --kernel-url (http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel) base url for kernel.org mirror -l --list-trees list supported trees -m --show-makefile output version in makefile <arg> -n --dry-run don't download or apply patches -o --only-dl don't apply patches -p --show-previous output version previous to <arg> -q --quiet reduce output -r --rename-directory rename updated directory to linux-<v> -s --show-latest output the latest version of <arg> -u --show-url output URL for <arg> -w --wget (/usr/bin/wget) command to use for wget CONFIGURATION
Ketchup will read files named .ketchuprc in $HOME and in the target kernel directory, with the kernel directory taking precedence. A .ketchuprc file uses the Python syntax and may set the following variables: default_tree The default_tree option specifies the kernel version to work with if one is not given on the command line. precommand The precommand option specifies a command to run before synchronising the kernel tree to the required version. postcommand The postcommand option specifies a command to run after synchronising the kernel tree to the required version. AUTHOR
ketchup was written by Matt Mackall <mpm@selenic.com>. This manual page was written by Baruch Even <baruch@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Description text taken from a former packaging attempt of Jack Wasey <debian@jackwasey.com>. February 16, 2010 KETCHUP(1)