Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cronjob script not renaming file Post 302942686 by solaris_1977 on Thursday 30th of April 2015 02:34:09 PM
Old 04-30-2015
Ok.
I was able to fix this. I put a prefix - like below
Code:
get ${FILE}
    -rm Red_bill.V01.txt
    -rename ${FILE} Red_bill.V01.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help help cronjob problem with script

hi all, have no experience with cronjob at solaris, i have create script like below: #!/bin/sh DAY=`/export/home/oracle/bin/lastdate | nawk '{print $1}'` /export/home/orahome/bin/sqlplus -s abc/abc<<eof set heading off; set linesize 100; set feedback off; spool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob inside the script

Hiii, can nayone provide me the sample script which can do the following tasks--- I will apperciate if anyone give me their valuable inputs.I guess this is not at all a big task for the experts in the forum so kindly help me out in this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Creating a CronJob Script

Hi All, Good Day. Anyone can guide me on how to create a cronjob script that run prstat -a and vmstat 10 10 on the certain time of the day and produce a log which will be kept in a specific directory? I am running on Solaris 10. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file names in a shell script

I want to write a shell script that will rename all the file names to today's date attached to it.. so for example i have a file names like file1.sales.20081201.txt.c zbrs.salestxtn.20091101.txt.inn then it will rename both the files with todays date to it so the file names get changed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script not running through Cronjob

Hi, I have a .ksh script which updates the database. The script is running fine manually but it is not running through cron.All the file permissions are fine. The script contents are as below: #!/usr/bin/ksh ddate=`date +%Y%m%d` echo $ddate nohup sqlplus crm/crm @db_state_sync.sql >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivangi
3 Replies

7. AIX

SH Script Execution Problems with Cronjob

Hi, I have created a sh script to startup and shutdown the oracle database, when I execute the script thru command line it execute successfully, but when I call the script thru cronjob it does not execute. The scripts are as follows: LOG=/oracle/times.log export ORACLE_SID=prod echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Update DB table from txt file using CRONJOB in Unix Shell Script

Hi Experts, can guide how we can Update a Database Table using a txt file source Using Unix Shell Scripts. What are the Cron Jobs codes can written to Update DB table. txt file contains record like data. US 09/03/2012 User DocType DocID. these above feilds in txt files need to be updated in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh.sap
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with cronjob

Hello All, I have a script which will cd into a directory based on current timestamp. It will then do a grep and search for a condition. It's run on a cron job that runs every 30 minutes. So if it finds a match in 00, it sends out the contents of that grep to an alert and emails out. Now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script for several cronjob

I have a linux server for my joomla website. I am importing xml feeds (around 200). The component give a tool which list all the cron job commands to automaticaly make the feeds import I don't want to add one by one each cron job. So my idea is to make one cron job which will call a shell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nino59
0 Replies
BUILDAPP(1)							   User Commands						       BUILDAPP(1)

NAME
buildapp - application to create common lisp images SYNOPSIS
buildapp --output OUTPUT-FILE [--flag1 value1 ...] DESCRIPTION
Required flags: --output OUTPUT-FILE Use OUTPUT-FILE as the name of the executable to create Entry-point flags: --entry NAME Use the function identified by NAME as the executable's toplevel function. Called with SB-EXT:*POSIX-ARGV* as its only argument. If NAME has a colon, it is treated as a package separator, otherwise CL-USER is the implied package. --dispatched-entry DNAME Specify one possible entry function, depending on the name of the file that is used to start the application. The syntax of DNAME is APPLICATION-NAME/ENTRY-NAME. If the name used to start the executable matches APPLICATION-NAME, use ENTRY-NAME as the entry point. This can be used to choose one of many possible entry points by e.g. symlinking names to the application executable. If APPLICA- TION-NAME is empty, the specified ENTRY-NAME is used as a default if no other application names match. There may be any number of dispatched entry points, but only one default. Action flags: --load FILE Load FILE. CL:*PACKAGE* is bound to the CL-USER package before loading --load-system NAME Load an ASDF system identified by NAME --require NAME Use CL:REQUIRE to load NAME --eval CODE Use CL:EVAL to evaulate CODE. The code is read with CL:READ-FROM-STRING in the CL-USER package There may be any number of load/load-system/require/eval flags. Each is executed in command-line order before creating an executable. Load path flags: --load-path DIRECTORY When handling a --load, search DIRECTORY for files to load --asdf-path DIRECTORY When handling a --load-system, search DIRECTORY for ASDF system files to load --asdf-tree DIRECTORY When handling a --load-system, search DIRECTORY and all its subdirectories for ASDF system files to load There may be any number of load-path/asdf-path/asdf-tree flags. asdf-path arguments take precedence over asdf-tree arguments. Other flags: --help Show this usage message --logfile FILE Log compilation and load output to FILE --sbcl PATH-TO-SBCL Use PATH-TO-SBCL instead of the sbcl program found in your PATH environment variable For the latest documentation, see http://www.xach.com/lisp/buildapp/ buildapp 1.1 July 2010 BUILDAPP(1)