Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NFM allows full system access Post 302942590 by temp_user on Thursday 30th of April 2015 07:05:44 AM
Old 04-30-2015
NFM allows full system access

Hi,

I am using NFM in my project and i need to specify argument to it so that when the connection is made, it only makes to a specific directory. Is there any way to do the same?

Thanks...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Full file system?

I read the sticky and thought of a script I use on a regular basis. Since unless you patch/upgrade the df command on solaris you have a very tought time teling how full the system truly is. Output looks like $ biggest.sh /tmp Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyerder
0 Replies

3. Solaris

full system backup

I have unix server with OS 5.8 ,,, I tried ufsdump 0ua -f /dev/rmt/0 / to perform full system backup on tape but I failed could any one give a procedure for full system backup on solaris machine using tapes??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mm00123
1 Replies

4. Solaris

file system full

hello Even though I am not out of inodes or of space, the /var/adm/messages shows messages: file system full I am doing now fcsk -m (400G) and I am still waiting to see the fragmentation results (should I add another option to df to have a faster output?) Do you have any other hints... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

full access to redhat

Hello, Hello, I just installed my RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 on vmwork to learn exploit it. my first problem (for now) is that i cant received response from some command typed on (open terminal) ex: code : 1 2 # /etc/redhat-releasebash: /etc/redhat-release: Permission denied... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: debutant1990
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give full access to output files created by .sh script run via crontab?

Hi Expert, I have a .sh script in my home/new_dir/script.sh This script creates number of output files at home/new_dir/email, home/new_dir/logs dir. I am running this script using crontab (owner root). Now this output files are getting created with rw-r----- 1 root root So if i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeet1982
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS share full access for local user

Hi All, Is it possible to give full access for a normal user in a NFS share? If its not possible is there a trick with which I can make it work? Thanks in advance Shyam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shyam2j
1 Replies
ln(1)							      General Commands Manual							     ln(1)

Name
       ln - link to a file

Syntax
       ln [ -f ] [ -i ] [ -s ] name1 [name2]
       ln [ -f ] [ -i ] [ -s ] name ... directory

Description
       A  link is a directory entry referring to a file.  A file, together with its size and all its protection information may have several links
       to it.  There are two kinds of links: hard links and symbolic links.

By default makes hard links.  A hard link to a file is indistinguishable from the original directory entry.  Any  changes  to  a  file  are
       effective independent of the name used to reference the file.  Hard links may not span file systems and may not refer to directories.

Given  one or two arguments, creates a link to an existing file name1.  If name2 is given, the link has that name.  The name2 may also be a
       directory in which to place the link.  Otherwise it is placed in the current directory.	If only the directory is specified,  the  link	is
       made to the last component of name1.

Given  more  than two arguments, makes links to all the named files in the named directory.  The links made have the same name as the files
       being linked to.

Options
       -f   Forces existing destination pathnames to be removed before linking without prompting for confirmation.

-i   Write a prompt to standard output requesting information for each link that would overwrite an existing file.  If  the  response  from
	    standard input is affirmative, and if permissions allow, the link is done. The -i option has this effect even if the standard input is
	    not a terminal.

-s   Creates a symbolic link.

A symbolic link contains the name of the file to which it is linked.  The referenced file is used when an operation  is  performed	on
	    the  link.	 A  on a symbolic link returns the linked-to file.  An must be done to obtain information about the link.  The call may be
	    used to read the contents of a symbolic link.  Symbolic links may span file systems and may refer to directories.

See Also
       cp(1), mv(1), rm(1), link(2), readlink(2), stat(2), symlink(2)

ln(1)