Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get " printed on command line? Post 302942205 by wisecracker on Saturday 25th of April 2015 04:06:02 PM
Old 04-25-2015
Code:
echo 'echo "set variable = disco"'

CygWin...
Code:
AMIGA:~> echo 'echo "set variable = disco"'
echo "set variable = disco"
AMIGA:~> _

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Command To display "echo command value in loop" in single line.

Hi I want to display "echo command value in loop" in single line. My requirement is to show the input file (test_1.txt) like the output file (test_2.txt) given below. Input file :test_1.txt a1|b1|4|5 a1|b1|42|9 a2|b2|32|25 a1|b1|2|5 a3|b3|4|8 a2|b2|14|6 Output file:test_2.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the line to be printed in single line

Hi, I have my code like this v_site_eli=`sqlplus -s<<-EOsqlplus $SQL_USERNAME/$SQL_PASSWD WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT FAILURE SET TERM OFF SET HEAD OFF SET VERIFY OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF declare VARIABLE vn_return_sts varchaR2(6); begin SELECT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjkreddy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Python update already printed line.

Hi. I have a basic script in python that outputs like this.. $ ./test.py 1% 2% 3% 4% 5% 6% 7% 8% 9% 10% ... But how can I make it so the output stays in 1 line? So it would look something like this.. $ ./test.py 10% (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

append "awk command" to the end of each line

hi; this is my qqq.mos: l ./gcsw 86.0.0.1 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=860 Tilt 861;l-' l ./gcsw 86.0.0.2 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=862 Tilt 863;l-' l ./gcsw 86.0.0.3 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=864 Tilt 865;l-' ... i want to append;l nawk 'NR==14 && $NF!="Set."{print "l ./gcsw "r"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to Unix command line and have a question about the "sort" command

I am going through the Unix Made Easy second edition book by John Muster. So far it's been very informative and I can tell it may be a bit out of date. In one of the exercises it talks about the "sort" command and using it to sort column's of data etc. The "sort" command has changed a bit and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budfoxcat
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Completed "Command line google translation tool"

This tool for access translate.google.com from terminal and English dictionary. main mirror https://github.com/Anoncheg1/Command-line-translator mirror Google translate from command line and some more features - Pastebin.com requirements: bash, cURL, SpiderMonkey, forvo.com account for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 654321
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

9. Linux

Problem with SFTP Command line, "@" in username.

Hi Guys Any help is appreciated very much! I'm trying to use SFTP to an external server using the native SFTP Client in RHEL 6 and 7. I've been given a username on the remote SFTP Server of myemail@myorg.com. I can not seem to escape that @ sign no matter what I do. I've tried these... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
fmt(1)							      General Commands Manual							    fmt(1)

NAME
fmt - format text SYNOPSIS
width] [file...] DESCRIPTION
The command is a simple text formatter that fills and joins lines to produce output lines of (up to) the number of characters specified in the width option. The default width is 72. concatenates the arguments. If none are given, formats text from the standard input. Blank lines are preserved in the output, as is the spacing between words. does not fill lines beginning with a period for compatibility with Nor does it fill lines starting with Indentation is preserved in the output and input lines with differing indentation are not joined (unless is used). can also be used as an in-line text filter for the command: reformats the text between the cursor location and the end of the paragraph. Options recognizes the following options: Crown margin mode. Preserve the indentation of the first two lines within a paragraph and align the left margin of each subsequent line with that of the second line. This is useful for tagged paragraphs. Split lines only. Do not join short lines to form longer ones. This prevents sample lines of code, and other such "formatted" text, from being unduly combined. Fill output lines to up to width columns. WARNINGS
The width option is acceptable for BSD compatibility, but it may go away in future releases. SEE ALSO
nroff(1), vi(1). fmt(1)