Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To count underscore in filename Post 302941981 by zaxxon on Thursday 23rd of April 2015 09:59:01 AM
Old 04-23-2015
Another one Smilie
Code:
$ echo adsf_ghjt_kop_pol.csv | awk -F_ '{print NF-1}'

Last edited by zaxxon; 04-23-2015 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: removed useless END

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count caraters on filename

Hello people. I need some help to do this: I've got some files that i need to count the caracters of filenames. 20080209_2000591574_237004076372.xml 20080202_1360584_267002636042.xml The minimum is 15 . If some file with less must move them to another directory. Obviously these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of underscore in awk

Hi what is the purpose of using underscore in awk. I suppose it is for defining macro's and reducing repeatation but can some one show me an example? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

allow only alphnumeric entry and an underscore

I am taking an user input which should only be an alphanumeric character or an underscore. How to i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename pattern count

Hi I have the following files in a directory - ds_pl_W_Test ds_pl_list_Test ds_pl_list_Test ds_pl_listl_Test ds_pl_file_Test ds_pl_xx_Test I would like to count the number files in the directory that contain the word "list" I tried the following but it returns zero - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prega
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

google search changes with an underscore

How does adding an underscore change a google search? I was searching for John Elway and got different results with and without an unscore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the character after the Underscore(_)

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a command that would do the following: 1) Change all the letters/words in a file to Lower case Letters/words. 2) Remove the Underscore (_) and Change the Character after the underscore (_) to an Uppercase letter. Example: File contains the below words: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

underscore to dots

Hi, I have been trying to change underscores to dots. For example: 1122_91 1022_233 . 2237_23 9382_2339 2998_234 345_257 . . Desired output: 1122.91 1022.233 . 2237.23 9382.2339 2998.234 345.257 . . Any idea? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iconig
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a certain character in a filename and count the characters up to the certain character

Hello, I do have folders containing having funny strings in their names and one space. First, I do remove the funny strings and replace the space by an underscore. find . -name '* *' | while read file; do target=`echo "$file" | sed 's/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tempestas
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

sed help with underscore problems

Hello, I have spent a couple of hours trying to answer this myself, so forgive me if the answer is simple but I have tried. I have a text file generated from svn log output which contains a list of files. Two regexps im using are * and * They both work but some lines has a mixture... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogaBija
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Count and FileName

Hi I have a set of files in one directory like below FIN_TASK1.csv FINA_TASK2.csv FIN_TASK3.csv. I want a command to print the count in each file and the correspong file name into one file.My expected output is given below cat filcount.txt 2 "FIN_TASK1.csv" 4 "FIN_TASK2.csv" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies
CSV2REC(1)							   User Commands							CSV2REC(1)

NAME
csv2rec - csv to rec converter SYNOPSIS
csv2rec [OPTIONS]... [CSV_FILE] DESCRIPTION
Convert csv data into rec data. -t, --type=TYPE type name for the converted records; if this parameter is ommited then no type is used. -s, --strict be strict parsing the csv file. -e, --omit-empty omit empty fields. --help print a help message and exit. --version show version and exit. AUTHOR
Written by Jose E. Marchesi. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: bug-recutils@gnu.org GNU recutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/recutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010, 2011, 2012 Jose E. Marchesi. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for csv2rec is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and csv2rec programs are properly installed at your site, the command info csv2rec should give you access to the complete manual. csv2rec 1.4.93 January 2012 CSV2REC(1)