Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX to Linux Migration
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX to Linux Migration Post 302941769 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 21st of April 2015 03:43:49 AM
Old 04-21-2015
Welcome to forums, if you can install ksh on your linux server, then there is no need to replace print with echo. please describe your problem.

Code:
$ ksh --version
  version         sh (AT&T Research) 93u+ 2012-08-01

$ ksh -c "print hello"
hello

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCO UNIX to Linux migration

hi all i m working in a company ...and i have to migrate a C application running on SCO-UNIX to Red hat linux. can anybody tell me what is the difference between C commands and shell scripting on SCO-UNIX and LINUX. best regards harsh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I/ps pls for migration of oraboot & orabackup files from Tru64 Unix to Linux 3.0

Hi, I have 2 Files - oraboot and orabackup, which are correct Files in Tru64 Environment and I am trying to check whether the Files are running properly in my current Linux 3.0. (basically trying to migrate them from Tru64 to Linux 3.0). The files are neither Shell nor Perl, and just have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

3. Linux

I/ps pls for migration of oraboot & orabackup files from Tru64 Unix to Linux 3.0

Hi, I have 2 Files - oraboot and orabackup, which are correct Files in Tru64 Environment and I am trying to check whether the Files are running properly in my current Linux 3.0. (basically trying to migrate them from Tru64 to Linux 3.0). The files are neither Shell nor Perl, and just have the... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding migration (from Tru64 Unix to Linux 3.0) of Files :- oraboot and orabackup

Hi, I have 2 Files - oraboot and orabackup, which are correct Files in Tru64 Environment and I am trying to check whether the Files are running properly in my current Linux 3.0. (basically trying to migrate them from Tru64 to Linux 3.0). The files are neither Shell nor Perl, and just have the... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Migration from HP-UX to Solaris/Linux

Hi eveyone Ours is an application hosted on HP-UX 11 and we are trying to migrate the server to different flavour of UNIX. We are actually looking at the option of migrating it to Sun Solaris or Linux. We are trying to evaulate the pros and cons of migrating our application to Solaris/Linux.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: turaga.krishna
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

tool for migration from HP Tru64 UNIX to Linux Red Hat 5

Hi, We are going to migrate our Dataware House system from HP Tru64 UNIX to Red Hat Linux 5. There are more than 500 shell scripts which are written in ksh. The schedule is very tight. So, I want to learn whether there is a tool that can help us find the incompatible shell scripts in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksubramania
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts migration from HP-Unix 11 to Red Hat Linux

We are changing our OS from HP-Unix 11 to Linux Red Hat. We have few k- shell, c - shell and sql scripts which are currently running under HP-Unix 11. Will these scripts work on LINUX as it is? or we need to do any code changes?IS there anyone who have done this kind of migration before?Thanks for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phoenix2
2 Replies

8. Linux

Migration from solaris to linux

Hi, Currently I can able to access php script from solaris. I want to access from Linux I have done the following things: 1) I have copied all the scripts from solaris to linux. 2) I have installed php,mysql,apache. I tried with http://Hostname/username/test.php . This is not working .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX UNIX (kshell) to Linux Shell Script Migration.

Hi, Could you please let me know what kind of changes/issues commonly occurs at Scripting /command level during AIX Unix (kshell) to Linux shell script migration. (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuraman.R
24 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need advice for project UNIX to Linux migration

I am working on UNIX AIX to Linux migration. Does anybody know the good site for doing this? Thanks for contribution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
LKSH(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   LKSH(1)

NAME
lksh -- Legacy Korn shell built on mksh SYNOPSIS
lksh [-+abCefhiklmnprUuvXx] [-+o opt] [-c string | -s | file [args ...]] DESCRIPTION
lksh is a command interpreter intended exclusive for running legacy shell scripts. It is built on mksh; refer to its manual page for details on the scripting language. LEGACY MODE
lksh has the following differences from mksh: o lksh is not suitable for use as /bin/sh. o There is no explicit support for interactive use, nor any command line editing code. Hence, lksh is not suitable as a user's login shell, either; use mksh instead. o The KSH_VERSION string identifies lksh as ``LEGACY KSH'' instead of ``MIRBSD KSH''. o Some mksh specific extensions are missing; specifically, the -T command-line option. o lksh always uses traditional mode for constructs like: $ set -- $(getopt ab:c "$@") $ echo $? POSIX mandates this to show 0, but traditional mode passes through the errorlevel from the getopt(1) command. o lksh, unlike AT&T UNIX ksh, does not keep file descriptors > 2 private. o lksh parses leading-zero numbers as octal (base 8). o Integers use the host C environment's long type, not int32_t. Unsigned arithmetic is done using unsigned long, not uint32_t. Neither value limits nor wraparound is guaranteed. Dividing the largest negative number by -1 is Undefined Behaviour (but might work on 32-bit and 64-bit long types). o lksh only offers the traditional ten file descriptors to scripts. SEE ALSO
mksh(1) https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm https://www.mirbsd.org/ksh-chan.htm CAVEATS
lksh tries to make a cross between a legacy bourne/posix compatibl-ish shell and a legacy pdksh-alike but ``legacy'' is not exactly speci- fied. Parsing numbers with leading zero digits or ``0x'' is relatively recent in all pdksh derivates, but supported here for completeness. It might make sense to make this a run-time option, but that might also be overkill. The set built-in command does not have all options one would expect from a full-blown mksh or pdksh. Talk to the MirOS development team using the mailing list at <miros-mksh@mirbsd.org> or the #!/bin/mksh (or #ksh) IRC channel at irc.freenode.net (Port 6697 SSL, 6667 unencrypted) if you need any further quirks or assistance, and consider migrating your legacy scripts to work with mksh instead of requiring lksh. MirBSD February 11, 2013 MirBSD