Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging 2 slightly differnet shell scripts together to acheive same outcome Post 302941675 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 19th of April 2015 03:49:55 PM
Old 04-19-2015
Hello Jason and welcome to the Forums.

Firstly let me start by trying to alleviate your concerns about rsync. Rsync uses ssh to perform it's transfers so it's every bit as secure as sftp via lftp.

Although python is a little more challenging to write and support than shell I think you have a program that is doing what you need and re-writing it in shell is probably unnecessary. Also because shell interaction with mysql databases is a little inelegant, this type of feature (processed list) is usually handled with a flat text file and unix tools like grep/awk.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Differnet Unix OS Using Single LTO

Hi Gurus, I would like to clarify some doubts regarding a backup strategy. I have been working on various *NIX as AIX,Solaris and Linux. I would like to design a backup procedure.WOuld it be possible for me to use a single LTO tape device to backup all the different server with different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mickykt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to acheive ALT+Enter of xls in Unix ksh/sqlplus

Hi, I am using sqlplus (called inside my ksh) to create a file which is mailed to the users as an xls. There is one DESCRIPTION column which is currently coming as wrapped, but, the users want a new line for each of the fields present in the desricription column. Below is an example - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree_2503
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail to: cc: How can i acheive this with ksh

Hi All, I have to write a script to send mail, in that i have to dynamically add the recepient in TO and my cc is a common one. For all mails my cc recepients are same. Only problem with TO recepient. Please i am looking for your inputs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging of 2 files AWK, SHELL or something else

I have 2 files pipe delimted and want to merge them based on a key e.g file 1 123|xxx|yyy|zzz 345|xab|yzy|zyz 456|sss|ttt|foo file 2 123|hhh|ggg|xxx 345|ddd|www|ddd|fff 456|ddd|sss|sss|eee so if the key is the first field, and the result should be file 1 with field 2 from file 2... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: klut
24 Replies

5. Solaris

How to analyze the outcome of patchdiag

Hi Gurus, I have installed the stuff needed for patchdiag for patching, its working okay , however after execution of pathcdiag.sparc i am unable to understand the summury which is produced at the end. Please help ! Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

use ind command to search files on differnet server

Hi, I am writing script to search the directories on different server. I have 3 servers. eg. ser1, ser2, ser2 find <absolute_path>-type d -user <user_name> -ctime +5 -exec ls -ltd {} \; can someone please suggest me some way how can i use find command for this. i have ssh connectivity... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikash_k
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging together two awk scripts

I have two awk scripts shown below. checkTrvt.awk works on file format .xt, whereas checkData.awk workds on file format .dat I want to merge the two scripts together, if I find that the user passed .xt file I do the code for .xt file, whereas if user passes .dat file, I go through the code for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Considered basic but advanced outcome (Custom Backup Solution)

Ive a problem that I'm reaching out for help. Ive written (With bits and pieces) of script that is not running as expected or is having an issue causing processes to spiral out of control. The script does this: Unloads a UV database server Tars up a few folders Transfers the file to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: coastdweller
11 Replies

9. Programming

A Slightly Better NTP Client for the ESP8266

Was not really happy with the NTP clients for the ESP8266 because, after a few years of game engine programming, I am not a fan of a lot of code and delays in the main loop, so here is a "slightly better NTP client" for the ESP8266. In a nutshell, instead of having a delay in the main loop as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. Any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. A versioned Pre-Dependency on dpkg is needed to use dpkg-maintscript-helper(1). An appropriate Pre-Dependency is set in ${misc:Pre-Depends} ; you should make sure to put that token into an appropriate place in your debian/control file. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)