Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with printing output format from a file Post 302941466 by AAHinka on Thursday 16th of April 2015 08:38:55 AM
Old 04-16-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer
Try:
Code:
aawk 'NF>1{s=s (s?";":x) $2; sub(/;$/,x,s)} END{print s}' file

Thank you, it worked....

Code:

awk 'NF>1{s=s (s?";":x) $2; sub(/;$/,x,s)} END{print s}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format the output from a file

hi , i need to format the output which is availble in a file file output is Following are the Process_Scheduler Domains running in the server Ram-pc VPORCL Following are the Application Server domains running in the server Ram-pc VPORCL01 VPORCL02 these value VPORCL,VPORCL01...... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: becksram123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming - running the exe file and printing the output.. ?

hai i have a directory lib in that lib directory i have 10 batch files. step i have to do is 1) EXECUTE ALL THE FILES by using the command dwarfdump <filename>| grep DW_AT_SUN_command_line and put the output in one text file.instead of executing the files for all the 10 files... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenthil76
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the output of a db2 query on to an unix file

I want to print the output of a db2 query, on to an unix file in a manner that the columns are separated by 'commas'. Please help me out..thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasan_ven
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive file processing from a path and printing output in a file

Hi All, The script below read the path and searches for the directories/subdirectories and for the files. If files are found in the sub directories then read the content of the all files and put the content in csv(comma delimted) format and the call the write to xml function to write the std... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with printing advance output format from a file

Hi, below 'awk' code was given for my thread 'Help with printing output format from a file ' earlier, however script is not resulting expected output with below file content. cat test_tes123.dml record string("\001") emp_num; /* CHAR(11) NOT NULL*/ date("YYYYMMDD")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AAHinka
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing Terminal Output to a Error File

I am having a bash script which is basically invoking a python program to validate the Source Query results against the target query results. I am placing all the queries in a .sql file. I want to write to a Error log file incase if the syntax is wrong or if the column is not present in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Printing df -h output in json format

Hi All, i am trying to print the df -h ouput in json format. using below script. #!/usr/bin/env bash df -h > /tmp/sdf nawk '{print " "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5" "$6" "}' /tmp/sdf > /tmp/sdf1 nawk 'NR==1 { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) { f = i }}{ print $(f), $(f), $(f), $(f), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
ldns-read-zone(1)					      General Commands Manual						 ldns-read-zone(1)

NAME
ldns-read-zone - read a zonefile and print it SYNOPSIS
ldns-read-zone ZONEFILE DESCRIPTION
ldns-read-zone reads a DNS zone file and prints it. The output has 1 resource record per line, and no pretty-printing makeup. OPTIONS
-c Canonicalize all resource records in the zone before printing -d Only print DNSSEC data from the zone. This option skips every record that is not of type NSEC, NSEC3, RRSIG or DNSKEY. DS records are not printed. -h Show usage and exit -n Do not print the SOA record -s Strip DNSSEC data from the zone. This option skips every record that is of type NSEC, NSEC3, RRSIG or DNSKEY. DS records are still printed. -S [[+|0]number | YYYYMMDDxx | unixtime ] Set serial number to the given number, or when preceded by a sign, offset the exisiting number with it. When giving the literal strings YYYYMMDDxx or unixtime, the serial number is tried to be reset in datecounter or in unixtime format respectively. Though is the updated serial number is smaller than the original one, the original one is simply increased by one. When updating a serial number, records of type NSEC, NSEC3, RRSIG and DNSKEY will be skipped when printing the zone. -v Show the version and exit -z Sort the zone before printing (this implies -c) AUTHOR
Written by the ldns team as an example for ldns usage. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 NLnet Labs. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. 30 May 2005 ldns-read-zone(1)