Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Usage of disc group to kick off Oracle RMAN backup Post 302941277 by sub on Tuesday 14th of April 2015 04:04:12 PM
Old 04-14-2015
Usage of disc group to kick off Oracle RMAN backup

Hi guys, i need a small help. I was writing an automation script for import utility of oracle datapump. I am getting stuck in one part of the shell script where i am doing a grep on one of the filesystem and if it is above threshold then it would kick off an oracle RMAN backup. Fyi. i am grepping the percent.
Below is the snippet from the code which i am trying to achive.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
set -x
mountpoint=`df -kh|grep \oraarch|awk '{ print$4 " " $5 }'`
if [ $mountpoint ge 20 ]; then
echo "GoldenGate filesystem is full.launcing RMAN"
rman target /
show all;
backup archivelog all delete input;
fi

file system structure:
------------------------
Code:
/dev/mapper/vg01-lvoraarch       98G  184M   93G   1% /oraarch

Every time i am running it i get an error too many arguments:

Code:
./rman_backup.sh: line 4: [: too many arguments

If someone can point me out the fix for the error , it will be helpful. thanks.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 04-14-2015 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to Burn .gp Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 to Compact Disc Media on Windows Box

Hi All, I Downloaded Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 for Linux AS 4 and the file format is Directions to extract the files 1. Run "gunzip <filename>" on all the files. Eg. ship_9204_linux_disk1.cpio.gz 2. Extract the cpio archives with the command "cpio -idmv < <filename>" Eg. cpio -idmv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashpichika
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for RMAN Backup

Hi Experts, Can anyone help me to write shell script for taking backup with RMAN in oracle 9i or suggests me any site which has this kind of scripts Thanks shaan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to backup and restore more than 1 volume group

Hello, Could someone tell me if I have this correct. If I have 2 volume groups rootvg and datavg and wish to back these up to 21 tape how do I accomplish this. I am currently using mksysb /dev/rmt0.1 -V savevg -f /dev/rmt0 datavg I think this may be overwriting the rootvg however as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Running RMAN backups from grid control but using oracle account with rsa keys vs a password ?

I'm a sysadmin trying to help out one of our DBA's setup the RMAN backups (Oracle 11g on rhel5 ) so they can schedule and control them from the OEM grid control. But we want the oracle user to use ssh keys instead of a password. I have the working rsa keys in place for the user but the GUI seems to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samael00
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any quicker way to list disc usage by users?

Hi: it takes a long time for "du -sh list_of_users" to give you the output. Is there a quicker way to get this info? Thanks! N.B. Phil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 - how to backup and restore system disc

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and now I am wondering what is the best way to backup (to another hard disc) and restore the system hard disc content. The backup should to be done every night using a script launched by cron and all previously done backups should be available to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on parsing Oracle RMAN output for string and print sections of a file

Hi, I need some advise on how to print 'sections' of the attached file. I am searching for some that says Marked Corrupt and print some lines after it. At the moment I am running the command below: sed -n -e '/Marked Corrupt/{N;N;p;}' rman_list_validate.txtThis gives me the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD