Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep with regex containing one string but not the other Post 302940981 by drl on Friday 10th of April 2015 01:15:24 PM
Old 04-10-2015
Hi.

There is a code, peg, that may do what you desire: multiple patterns of PERLRE expressions. Using the pattern from disedorgue and an augmented data file, a demo is:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

# @(#) s2	Demonstrate complex matching expressions: peg
# peg (various versions):
# http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/A/AD/ADAVIES/

# Utility functions: print-as-echo, print-line-with-visual-space, debug.
# export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"
LC_ALL=C ; LANG=C ; export LC_ALL LANG
pe() { for _i;do printf "%s" "$_i";done; printf "\n"; }
pl() { pe;pe "-----" ;pe "$*"; }
db() { ( printf " db, ";for _i;do printf "%s" "$_i";done;printf "\n" ) >&2 ; }
db() { : ; }
C=$HOME/bin/context && [ -f $C ] && $C peg

FILE=${1-data2}

pl " Input data file $FILE:"
cat $FILE

pl " Results:"
peg -e garble -e '\|(?!foobuzz)[^|]*\|[^|]*\|[^|]*\|[^|]*\|UserID1' $FILE

exit 0

producing:
Code:
$ ./s2

Environment: LC_ALL = C, LANG = C
(Versions displayed with local utility "version")
OS, ker|rel, machine: Linux, 2.6.26-2-amd64, x86_64
Distribution        : Debian 5.0.8 (lenny, workstation) 
bash GNU bash 3.2.39
peg (local) 3.10

-----
 Input data file data2:
2015-04-08 19:04:55,926|xxxxxxxxxx|          |foobar|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:42 | yeah
2015-04-08 19:04:56,157|yyyyyyyyyy|          |foobuzz|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:23 | ohnooo
2015-04-08 19:04:56,157|yyyyyyyyyy|          |foobuz|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:23 | ohnooo
garble

-----
 Results:
2015-04-08 19:04:55,926|xxxxxxxxxx|          |foobar|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:42 | yeah
2015-04-08 19:04:56,157|yyyyyyyyyy|          |foobuz|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:23 | ohnooo
garble

Here is what -e is defined as:
Code:
       -e overloaded
           -e PERLEXPR
               Specify a PERLEXPR to match.

If used more than once, then it is equivalent to using -o.  For
               example, "peg -e foo -e bar baz", "peg -o foo bar -- baz", and
               "peg "/foo/ or /bar/" baz" are all equivalent.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of regex on grep

having a look on the regex site I saw that characters can be search using hex values http://www.regular-expressions.info/characters.html So I try to use it whith grep to find a è on a string (octal Decimal Hexa : 350 232 E8) but it doesn't work E.g. /usr/bin/echo '\0350' | egrep '\xE8' ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solea
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep with Regex help!

Hello everybody, I'd like to know how is it I should write a regex in unix to match a string not followed by another string (anywhere in the line). To be more specific, I want to find lines where "drop table" is found, but not followed anywhere in the line by the character "&". For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with grep and regex

Hi all, I'm a beginner with linux, regex, grep, etc I am trying to get data out of a file that has about 13,000 lines in this format name - location I want to grep all the names out to one file and the locations to another so I can put them into a spreadsheet. Some have hyphenated... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: raichlea
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex to match when input is not a certain string (can't use grep -v)

Hey everyone, Basically, all I'm looking for is a way to regex for not a certain string. The regex I'm looking to avoid matching is: D222 i.e. an equivalent of: awk '!/D222/' The problem is that I use this in the following command in a Bash script: ls ${source_directory} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdelok
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering out duplicate substrings, regex string from a string

My input contains a single word lines. From each line data.txt prjtestBlaBlatestBlaBla prjthisBlaBlathisBlaBla prjthatBlaBladpthatBlaBla prjgoodBlaBladpgoodBlaBla prjgood1BlaBla123dpgood1BlaBla123 Desired output --> data_out.txt prjtestBlaBla prjthisBlaBla... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep fixed string with regex

Hello, all! Maybe the title is badly formulated, you can help me with that...! I'm using the GNU grep, and I need to make sure that grep will extract only what I tell it to. I have the following regular expression: *? Well, I need to make sure I grep only a word which may start with a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: teresaejunior
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep regex, match exact string which includes "/" anywhere on line.

I have a file that contains the 2 following lines (from /proc/mounts) /dev/sdc1 /mnt/backup2 xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/backup xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 I need to match the string in the second column exactly so that only one result is returned, e.g. > grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string with regex numeric characters

Hi all, I have the following entries in a file: Cause Indicators=80 90 Cause Indicators=80 90 Cause Indicators=82 90 Cause Indicators=82 90 Cause Indicators=82 90 The first 2 digits might change so I am after a sort of grep which could find any first 2 digits + the second 2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
3 Replies
page_util_peg(n)					      Parser generator tools						  page_util_peg(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_peg - page PEG transformation utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::peg ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::peg::symbolNodeOf tree node ::page::util::peg::symbolOf tree node ::page::util::peg::updateUndefinedDueRemoval tree ::page::util::peg::flatten treequery tree ::page::util::peg::getWarnings tree ::page::util::peg::printWarnings msg ::page::util::peg::peOf tree eroot ::page::util::peg::printTclExpr pe _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few common operations to PEG transformations. They assume a Normalized PE Grammar Tree as input, see the package page::util::norm::peg, possibly augmented with attributes coming from transformations not in conflict with the base definition. API
::page::util::peg::symbolNodeOf tree node Given an arbitrary expression node in the AST tree it determines the node (itself or an ancestor) containing the name of the nonter- minal symbol the node belongs to, and returns its id. The result is either the root of the tree (for the start expression), or a definition node. ::page::util::peg::symbolOf tree node As ::page::util::peg::symbolNodeOf, but returns the symbol name instead of the node. ::page::util::peg::updateUndefinedDueRemoval tree The removal of nodes in the AST tree can cause symbols to lose one or more users. A used by B and C, B is reachable, C is not, so A now loses the node in the expression for C calling it, or rather, not calling it anymore. This command updates the cross-references and which nonterminals are now undefined. ::page::util::peg::flatten treequery tree This commands flattens nested sequence and choice operators in the AST tree, re-using the treeql object treequery to run the query determining which nodes to cut. ::page::util::peg::getWarnings tree This command looks at the attributes of the AST tree for problems with the grammar and issues warnings. They do not prevent us from writing the grammar, but still represent problems with it the user should be made aware of. The result of the command is a dictionary mapping nonterminal names to their associated warnings. ::page::util::peg::printWarnings msg The argument of the command is a dictionary mapping nonterminal names to their associated warnings, as generated by, for example, the command ::page::util::peg::getWarnings. The warnings contained therein are formatted and then printed via the log command page_info. This means that this command can be used only from within a plugin managed by the package page::pluginmgr. ::page::util::peg::peOf tree eroot This command converts the parsing expression starting at the node eroot in the AST tree into a nested list. The exact syntax of this list specified by the package grammar::peg. ::page::util::peg::printTclExpr pe This command converts the parsing expression contained in the nested list pe into a Tcl string which can be placed into a Tcl script. See the package grammar::peg for the exact syntax of pe. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
PEG, page, parser generator, parsing expression grammar, text processing, transformation CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_peg(n)